AquHeli

Post by AquHeli »

AquHeli

Post by AquHeli »

this morning:

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Your pictures are very special, AquHeli! Thank you for posting!

(Now, where are you and do you see those storks close by?)
AquHeli

Post by AquHeli »

I live in Hungary, and I see them every day.
leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello AquHeli, :wave:

that's envieble! Great photo. :thumbs:

Please serve us with more!!!! :bow:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Beautiful photo! I'm also envious about being able to see them outside the zoo - that's the only place I have seen them so far1

But I think this is also the place to post something Leonia has sent on to me and we have already posted in the German Kommentare und Ideen zur LK-Hauptseite (viewtopic.php?p=149866#p149866). Leonia asked me to make a translation and post it where I think it will fit:

It's a letter by German "stork man" Carste Rohde, who just finished his ringing round in German forests

Dear Black Stork friends, actually dear Black Stork family....

first of all I would like to extend a big thank you to all friends, caregivers and authorities – who have actively supported me during the ringing of this season.

Please forgive me, if I have not mentioned all helpers in this "distribution list". Please pass on the greetings!

Since almost four weeks and 7.200 km I am on the tracks of my black trolls. My blanket has again done its duty and flavour … A last snuggle into the world of storks …

194 Störschlis (storklets) I was allowed to cover with it – a dream. Many talks and discussions were held with my goblins high above the moss clumps in almost all stork woods of Germany.

Anyone who has watched me closely knows this guy actually speaks to his storks. At more than 80 places I snooped around for black storks during the last weeks, if a ringing would be possible. Finally there were 57 altogether.

Eight 5-chick-broods were among them (7 of them were ringed!). A detailed analysis will follow soon and can be seen with pictures in my blog. I'll inform you in time.

Now I simply lack the time. Of course I will be enjoying another black stork extension in autumn in Israel …

During the last few days I found yet some new nests in Bavaria and Thuringia – but the young were already too big for a "wedding ring" – just as well – I always act in the service of my black storks and not risk anything.

In particular I was pleased with the willingness to ring in Rhineland-Palatinate. We will certainly be able to expand it more targeted next year.

But now, very sad – I pack my stuff along with my blanket in Upper Franconia and prepare already now for the immediately following ringing of the Lesser Spotted Eagles.

Again – THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Be fondly greeted – Carsten, who speaks with the storks and probably also soon fly .... ;-)
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

AquHeli, imagine seeing Black storks every day! Your area must have a nice concentration of them? And you are in the country, I imagine, not a city area.

Felis, thank you very much for that letter from Carste Rohde! I have a copy of his book, but my German is so poor (= nonexistent) that all I can do is look at the pictures. :blush:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

This book sits here as well, ready for looking things up. I have not read it cover to cover, only the most interesting things, as in parts it's quite scientific as well.
I forgot to add the address for the blog he mentions, he posts pictures and reports there and there are some really fantastic photos of the "Störschlis"
http://blackstorknotes.blogspot.de/
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

:loveshower: thank you for the blog address!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It's interesting, as he goes to Israel in autumn and he also records ring numbers. Valdur, Pirsu, Raivo and "7079" are to be seen in photos, and 7006, 7014 "Raivo", 7079, 7085 "Valdur", 708P "Pirsu", metal A10015, 703U, 703L are on the record.

AquHeli

Post by AquHeli »

asteria

Post by asteria »

This one has been frog-hunting recetly. :laugh:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
AquHeli

Post by AquHeli »

Black stork, this morning.

leonia

Post by leonia »

AquHeli, that's absolutely enviable, to see a Blackstork as often as you do. I suppose, it's a wild one?

Carsten Rohde, one of the best German BS-experts, sent an eMail with a link to his blog. He got an at the same time sad but also very interesting information about BS. The bird was born and banded in Poland, nested in Mecklenburg-Western-Pomarania (North-east Germany) und was deadly injured on the spring migration in Baden-Wuerttemberg in the southeast of Germany. This means that the BS from Poland migrated on the western route.

http://blackstorknotes.blogspot.de/sear ... -results=1

German translation in the thread Nature in Looduskalender/Kommentare und Ideen zur LK-Hauptseite.
AquHeli

Post by AquHeli »

thanks.
storks in my pictures of wild specimens.

some Hungarian animal:
http://www.pbase.com/indexf2/inbox

:)
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

During our hay-time I was so lucky to see 2 juvenile Black storks (among the 13 'normal' storks we see allmost every day)
In our country (the Netherlands) they are very rare, so I took some pictures and send them to a special site we have here.
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

and an other one:

Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

and another one;

Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

And the last one, just before they flew away.
I could'nt believe my eyes, never saw them before and I wonder where the nest could be(in the Netherlands? our can they fly allready so far away so young?)

mmm, pictures are very small here, while I can see them very big, how is that possible??

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”