Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Felis silvestris »

Wonderful to see those fierce birds have a very soft side too!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote:Wonderful to see those fierce birds have a very soft side too!
Yes, it is so nice to see how they take care of their offspring. And even if the birds have the same instinct, and are acting the same way, they are quite different too. It is very fascinating...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

It is, and it's great to have three different nests this year and in addition the ospreys to see something completely different!

I think at Eha's nest it started to rain heavily now :unsure:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
kln

Post by kln »

Hi everyone,just was wondering can someone give me an update on Stephis breatheing? hope all is well despite the rain.Thankyou :dunno: :wave:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

July 16

all I can hear is the rain (whenever I have listened/watched, I have not heard any wheezing-breathing to report( good news?) )

5:58
LSE_Tuuli-Remo_7-15-2012 10.58.28 PM_04 by aurospio, on Flickr
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

6:10 Stephi is receiving food - she is chirping madly - and I do not hear any "bad breathing"
alice44

Post by alice44 »

7:47
:hi:
Tuuli and Stephi in the nest chittering back and forth.

(Now, I almost write Tormi every time I write about Stephi :slap: )
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Stephi snuggled under mum. It took a few times to stick. Tuuli seemed to think Stephi was too wriggly.
Starling

Post by Starling »

Jõgeva forecast for this week, a few rain showers expected for every day. (According to Finnish Foreca: http://www.foreca.fi/Estonia/Jogeva). Luckily Stephi seems to be quite strong anyway. :chick:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

9:17

Stephi was lying down preening and I was thinking how complacent and content she seemed and then she stood up and did some real wing work outs
Starling

Post by Starling »

*Yawn*
kln

Post by kln »

I just checked back,thankyou Nancy for the answer,i just had time to look at the cam also,and at least now,she seems good,I am so glad. I see this site being talked about on many chat sites on ustream in the U.S. people are in love with Stephi.So glad to be able to watch her and her wonderful eagle parents. Gorgeous nest also. :loveshower: :wave: :thumbs: :chick: :D
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Good morning everybody! :wave:

9:17 Stephi

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
ame

Post by ame »

kln wrote:Hi everyone,just was wondering can someone give me an update on Stephis breatheing? hope all is well despite the rain.Thankyou :dunno: :wave:
yesterday she made groans and wheezes and piping whistles (not as loud as the day before though) but i think less and less as day grew older. i don't think i heard any wheezing when she was under Tuuli in the evening, but it was windy and Tuuli's feathers act as a good silencer i think.

today i haven't heard any extra breathing sounds. Stephi's been sleeping most of the time that i have watched (i missed the feeding and wingerzing :slap: ).
She's curled around herself as a kitten with her head tucked under her wing. it hasn't been raining any more and there have been some sunny spells (one at the very moment). Stephi is resting now after yesterday's stressing rain. (i too tend to think and write Tormi still :D )
bad weather is very tiring for these birds. they stay immobile most of the time but it's no rest. it rather seems to be hard work all the time, as afterwards they sleep for hours like babies, the adults included. :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

a frog delivery at 10.18 by Remo (i guess).

Stephi took the frog to the front rim, sat down and began to try to tear pieces of it (like sitting at the table and taking up fork & knife). after a while she got tired being fancy and gobbled down the frog in one piece! :laugh:
Image..
ame

Post by ame »

11.00 some food by Remo i think. Stephi is hiding what ever it is and i didn't see it when Remo landed. and she's not hungry because she's just sitting by it and chirping.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Ame in your photos from 10:18 -- that sure looks like Remo to me.

11:00

Remo delivered something. I did not really see it. I think it was in his beak. Stephi grabbed and ate it in no time flat.
ame

Post by ame »

oh it went down at once! :slap:
no wonder i didn't see it. :laugh:
(i'm never quite sure who is who around here so i make reservations for the name..)

no it's a huge mole! :headroll:

alice44

Post by alice44 »

ame wrote:oh it went down at once! :slap:
no wonder i didn't see it. :laugh:
(i'm never quite sure who is who around here so i make reservations for the name..)

no it's a huge mole! :headroll:
Did you video it? How can a mole have been invisible to both of us? Maybe the dark mole coat against Remo's dark chest?

The food was so clearly gone I did not even bother trying to get a snap. Grrr and really it was only just hidden.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Poor Stephi since she can't eat it she is just going to try sleeping on it.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”