Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

alice44

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by alice44 »

I think Stephi is hungry again (and maybe because she is a female-?- she calls a lot).
alice44

Post by alice44 »

11:10

Remo made a delivery. Stephi knew it was coming --heard or saw him long before I did and then the cam froze. I could see a flash is the sky that I knew was him and finally there he was in the nest and Stephi had the food.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

11:47

Remo made a delivery. (before I had time to post Koit's 11:45 delivery)

:offtobed:
:wave:

have a good day
Bea

Post by Bea »

Remo delivered a frog at 12:45, Stephi working on it :rolleyes:

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

NancyM wrote:9:30 Stephi is by herself, preening and looking around (the very top of her head looks ...featherless?)
I don't think so, the feathers turn black from white, and Stephi will get the typical brown spot in the neck now.
At this stage the little LSEs look almost like grown GSE, I find. Dark with the spots at the rim of the feathers.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

15.01 food delivery by Remo i think.

it seems to be a frog (?) but a tough one: Stephi has to pull really hard to cut it.
after the meal some wing exercises. :thumbs:
... but no poop. :whistling: instead it sounded like raindrops for a while. Stephi's feathercoat is so developped that it is rather waterproof by now.
ame

Post by ame »

earlier at 13.06 Stephi made some lazy stretches. :D
Imagepicasion gif maker

beautiful feathers. :rolleyes:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Remo has a run, first a frog and while Stephi was still working on it, a small bird! :shock:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Pi tried to swallow it whole, but it did not work, so no ripping ... Remo sits on the higher branch

Manu

Post by Manu »

So fast after the frog, the little bird :shock: .
On the video we see how "big" and independent Stephi is, she rip it and try to eat to herself.
Part I

Part II
ame

Post by ame »

could it be that the one who brought the bird is Tuuli? it is still on the branch on the left.

i think there's a car or a tractor driving by on the road in the back. i hear the noise...
ame

Post by ame »

i think the latter parent must be Tuuli. she jumped into the nest and started clean the "table" after Stephi's meal. :rolleyes:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No, that was Remo, and Tuuli came just now, cleaning up the bits and pieces Pi left

Ame - your second Video says it's not available, maybe I try to fast? Did Tuuli come from the branch?

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Looking through the screenshots I made - the light is very bad, it could be Tuuli as well, I was presuming from Pi's behaviour it is Remo, who was at the nest just a short while before.

Starling

Post by Starling »

17.37 Both parents were in the nest. (And a frog delivery.)

Manu

Post by Manu »

17:33h It's nice to see Tuuli stay together in the nest with Stephi. Then Remo arrive with new food
ame

Post by ame »

Felis silvestris wrote:No, that was Remo, and Tuuli came just now, cleaning up the bits and pieces Pi left

Ame - your second Video says it's not available, maybe I try to fast? Did Tuuli come from the branch?
i think it wasn't processed yet. now it should be ok.

i came to the camera when Stephi had the second food in her claws, the bird. after a while i realized that there was a hadow moving on hte tree trunk and then i saw a parent's tail on the upper left corner. the light was bad both there and here so i'm not sure whether that parent just arrived but i didn't hear anything like that. Stephi was looking there and chirping all the time while she was eating. then this parent from the upper left jumped into the nest.
- i started recording when i came. i'll add the video up in the proper place, just a minute.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, in the meantime it works! :thumbs: With the light so strange it is difficult to really see who is who. I just saw that Pi was protecting the bird and tried to swallow it immediately, although (s)he had just worked on the frog delivered a few minutes earlier.

Starling

Post by Starling »

17.54 Tuuli is sitting on the branch again.
Today it feels like Stephi is the lucky chick and Kalev is the poor one. :unsure:
ame

Post by ame »

Remo brought a nice big frog which Stephi took and protected it against Tuuli. Tuuli looked like she was willing to give Steph a helping beak but Stephi wouldn't allow it She was so jealous of the frog. Tuuli decided not to argue with her and let Steph eat by herself. :D

edit: afterwards Tuuli got up to sit on the left branch again and she's still there at 18.05.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”