Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

pinkish

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by pinkish »

asteria wrote:If Tuuli and Remo are going to use the nest next year, they will appear here at least one more time and put a fur-tree branch on the nest before their migration. That will be a clear sign of their return next year, Urmas wrote about it.
a fur tree branch? what is it? a branch with foliage?
...goodnight poor little thing
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

Felis silvestris wrote:Aquila pomarina is the Lesser Spotted Eagle, "our" eagles here, Aquila clanga is the Greater Spotted Eagle. The Lesser Spotted Eagle is Aigle pomarin in French!
and aquila pomarina in italian :)

pomarina comes from latin and means that the animal's environment (or maybe its preys) is related to the orchards..
...goodnight poor little thing
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Amsel67 wrote: Sure! I have the book
Kosmos Naturführer
Mebs - Schmidt
"Die Greifvögel" Europas, Nordafrikas und Vorderasiens

has about 500 pages, with wonderful pictures.

The cover page shows a Lesser spotted eagle, an osprey, a vulture, European Sea-Eagle and a falcon
How would i find this on facebook as i am on it. I would love to see these pic. HOpe that u can help. thank u
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

asteria wrote:If Tuuli and Remo are going to use the nest next year, they will appear here at least one more time and put a fur-tree branch on the nest before their migration. That will be a clear sign of their return next year, Urmas wrote about it.
for them, when will their migration start? i hope that they do place it as i would love to see them there again.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Maxie4Paws wrote: How would i find this on facebook as i am on it. I would love to see these pic. HOpe that u can help. thank u
It's a book. I fear you won't see that on FB!
Amazon has it:
http://www.amazon.com/Greifv%C3%B6gel-E ... C3%A4hrdun
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

:D ... and for those who want to offer it for € 59.99, is available at => Chapitre.com

:wave:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

The book isn't in English, is it??
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Felis silvestris wrote:No use to come back, I think animals know such things better than we human beings! Time to get ready for the long journey!
I just hope that we have the luck to see Tuuli and Remo again next year! I really have taken them to my heart by now!
Yes, I also want them to come back and I love it here on your message board. Everyone is so very nice - such nice and caring people to talk to who also know so much. :nod: :wave: :thumbs:
tweed

Post by tweed »

Is this to mark the nest saying to the other birds stay away this nest is ours. where can I read what Urmas wrote ? Is it in English. Thank you
tweed

Post by tweed »

Chimega wrote:The book isn't in English, is it??
I don't think so it's the same one I found when I was looking for info on the Lesser Eagles
tweed

Post by tweed »

:cry: I could not stop myself and I went to Stephi's nest the time I always go 9:30 PM and wait for the picture to come on. Of course no tuuli or remo is on the nest I wanted to see if tuuli was on the branch again. it will take a while until we get over our loss.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

tweed wrote: :cry: I could not stop myself and I went to Stephi's nest the time I always go 9:30 PM and wait for the picture to come on. Of course no tuuli or remo is on the nest I wanted to see if tuuli was on the branch again. it will take a while until we get over our loss.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
kln

Post by kln »

:dunno: just a reminder there is still a gorgeous lesser spotted eagle we can view on the Konnakotkas site-hopefully that eaglet will fledge-wouldnt that be wonderful :loveshower:
Starling

Post by Starling »

kln wrote: :dunno: just a reminder there is still a gorgeous lesser spotted eagle we can view on the Konnakotkas site-hopefully that eaglet will fledge-wouldnt that be wonderful :loveshower:
:wave: Yes! And please remember there´s also lesser spotted eagle "Miks" in Latvia!
[url]mms://wm.tiesraides.lv/lu1[/url]
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Starling wrote: :wave: Yes! And please remember there´s also lesser spotted eagle "Miks" in Latvia!
[url]mms://wm.tiesraides.lv/lu1[/url]
Yes, I remember. They remind me of Stephi, though. :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Books on Lesser Spotted Eagles will be a bit rare, as they are birds of the eastern part of Europe and Germany. They are not there in UK or USA, so mostly people from places like Estonia, Latvia, Germany or also Romania have and are writing about it, and if we are lucky, it's translated.
In Germany a nice book with pictures of LSE was published, first one here on the list
viewtopic.php?p=134460#p134460. LSE belong to the not so much known (eagle) species, that's why not many books on them are published and they are not even included in all books about birds of prey!

This thing with the branch - yes, LSE do that. Maybe Tuuli and/or Remo will do it here, but I am not sure if they will do it in a nest they have used, and even more when it failed. We will have to wait an see what happens!I don't remember about last year, only that we saw an eagle quite late in season on the nest.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Good morning :hi:

9:00 Camera isn't working...
Bubo Bubo
lukris

Post by lukris »

Bubo wrote:Good morning :hi:

9:00 Camera isn't working...
It worked at 8:30-8:40, the nest was empty. I think there was a mouse or something little in the nest.
Dum spiro, spero
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Ooooh. It says "Stream not found: tooni" That sounds like they have shut it off. :cry:
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

Chimega wrote:Ooooh. It says "Stream not found: tooni" That sounds like they have shut it off. :cry:
Hello everyone!
Yes, Chimega, I think that 2012 season is over for this nest, no?
Hope to see you in 2013 on this topic and find Tulli and Remo returned from Africa. I also look at webcams : Piret + Madis and Pearl / + Kemon Helmi - Finland (osprey nests) and Eha Koit and Metra and Macho. Thank you to everyone who watched and post to this topic, thank you for the beautiful pictures and films, comments and friendship.
Good day !
Yoko

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”