DISCUSSION ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 Madis & Piret ~ 2012

Joem13

Re: ESTLAT Osprey Nest Webcam Discussion 2012

Post by Joem13 »

wega07 wrote:Hello everybody from Munich.
I have a question about the guides: why has the number 7 Nori as the youngest and most recently hatched and not the number 9?
Just the other the ornythologist was getting them from the nest where they were flat, they try to manipulate them as less as possible, so they only take one by one, didn't matter the order.
Always watching the skies...
wega07

Post by wega07 »

@Joem13: Thanks for the answer
Baltar

Post by Baltar »

terbobun wrote:It seems like it is elo who visits nori most of the time, Uno is not interested.
I have noticed this already. It's really strange, the "relationship" between Nori and Elo looks like so much stronger. I can remember that Elo slept in the nest although she was able to fly (and Nori could snuggle against Elo *g*). Nowadays Elo is only crying for fish when she/he comes to the nest.

Uno seems to me to be much more self-sufficient. I guess he is catching his own fishes because he visits the nest not very often (usually in the afternoon). Some people think this could be an indication that he is male. We will see ;)
What do you hear? Nothing but the rain.
Wika

Post by Wika »

I'm also glad I have found this cam and forum. I have found out a lot about life of birds. I fell in love with ospreys. Thank you for everything: beautifull pictures, interesting and funny comments. Let me share one observation. I have red that birds stand on one leg in order to keep their body temperature. You can easily see it while observing storks. I don't post a lot because my English isn't perfect. My favorite osprey Nori has eaten so many fish recently that I'm worried that she will became overweight. :wave:
Eden

Post by Eden »

@ Starling
thank you for the information!
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

wega07 wrote:Hello everybody from Munich.
I have a question about the guides: why has the number 7 Nori as the youngest and most recently hatched and not the number 9?

:peek:

You better ask,
why UNO got the Number 8 :whistling:

:mrgreen:
Hikkaus

Post by Hikkaus »

Toivottavasti Uno on kunnossa ja kalastaa jo itse ♥ Greetings from Finland, Mikkeli
Joem13

Post by Joem13 »

Of Course he will fly one or other day, and you can say it is completelly normal and he is the baby, but the feeling that Nori transmits isn't at all the feeling of a healthy chick, always eating (almost compulsively, he is eating again for 5th o 6th time today) and laying like a chicken the rest of the time, without any interest for the world or for flying or doing any exercises and jumps (you should remember how much active were Uno and Elo several days before fly)
Always watching the skies...
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

Joem13 wrote:Of Course he will fly one or other day, and you can say it is completelly normal and he is the baby, but the feeling that Nori transmits isn't at all the feeling of a healthy chick, always eating (almost compulsively, he is eating again for 5th o 6th time today) and laying like a chicken the rest of the time, without any interest for the world or for flying or doing any exercises and jumps (you should remember how much active were Uno and Elo several days before fly)

wrong -
when I dropped in
ELO was eating and NORI did lots of wing-exercises :bounce: :chick:
it looked like she would start to leave the nest

and funny talking between ELO and NORI :mrgreen:

:wave:
nitram

Post by nitram »

here is a preview version of the video
I hope you like it

http://www.vidup.de/v/dF3Pd/
IKat

Post by IKat »

All creatures tend to be opportunists where food is concerned....if there is food they will eat it. I would be worried if Nori was not eating at all but Nori seems to be fine. Nori will need all the fat reserves when fish catching/training begins. Food may be more scarce then also. :nod:
S7-Nori-F?
S8-Uno-M?
S9-Elo-F?

"There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a
landscape as it was before." ~ Robert Lynd
Cara

Post by Cara »

I missed the whole nest morning but read about the important happenings. Thank you all for infos, pics and vids :-)
And thank you so much for the "Madis Feeding video", Morlach! :-)

About the "flying Nori" discussions: Nori WILL fly and she will do it when it will be the time for this! She isn't late with flying ..... It's just not the time for her yet! And to be honest: I am happy about this, because if time has come for her maiden flight there will be all evenings and mornings in future with an EMPTY nest and I LOVE to see Nori! Also the time for migration will be near then and we will never see Nori, Uno and Elo again :-(
..... at least not the next 3 years. And maybe it will be a farewell without return for them and also maybe for Piret and Madis..... because of humanmade bad world Image
So Nori WILL fly and our Osprey family, who is so lovingly, will migrate, but I am happy about each day more with them!
“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance.…There is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.” (~ Cardinal John Henry Newman ~)
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

nitram wrote:here is a preview version of the video
I hope you like it

I watched already the first 9 Minutes :2thumbsup:

really nice Video -
but the Size of the pics and movies are to small, I think

ELO erschien (schreib lieber dort auch schlüpfte ^^)

Cara

Post by Cara »

Not contemporary ....... as usual for me ;-)
Reminder from yesterday .......

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance.…There is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.” (~ Cardinal John Henry Newman ~)
Millie

Post by Millie »

Nirram,thank you for that beautiful video, brought a lump in the throat and a tear to the eye. What a beautiful Osprey family and how hard Madi and Piret worked to care for their family. It has been a joy to watch.
jacinta

Post by jacinta »

nitram wrote:here is a preview version of the video
I hope you like it

fantastic :loveshower: video !!!! thanks
Cara

Post by Cara »

lispet

Post by lispet »

Thank you nitram for your great work with the video! I will watch and listen to it as my relaxation and osprey missing comfort during the coming winter months! Also the texts I have understood - mit meinem uralten Schuldeutsch... :D
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

CARA -
I like your presentations :2thumbsup:

meierlein

Post by meierlein »

tricky NORI

"Maybe I use this trains
going to Africa?"