Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Lussi05

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Post by Lussi05 »

I am very sorry to hear about Lenny :cry:, but I also accept it.
Thank you Dr Madis for the information, and for taking care of him.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

asteria wrote:Maybe that is stupid but how I wish that the fate of such birds(to euthanize of stay them alive) could have been solved by a forum poll.
We would not allow such a poll to be posted on this forum.

It is a decision that can be made only by professional veterinarians who have knowledge of the injury and can see what the future for the bird will be like.
Bea

Post by Bea »

What sad news about "our" injured storklet Image

All the days had the hope that it would recover and had the chance to become an independent storklet being able to migrate and live a "normal" storks life ...

I´m absolutely sure that Doc Madis did what ever he could to help - thank you very much for all your efforts! :nod:

Poll:
I would never have taken part of it - to decide about living or death is NOT a purpose of an internet forum members. Image
No matter how ambitioned we are observing and trying to learn and understand everything here.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Manu

Post by Manu »

It's sad to hear this news about Lenny.
If an animal doesn't (or couldn't) eat by himself it's not easy so feed them. But we could only imagine how stressful it is to feed an animal who isn't tame. The stress of the animal is enormous.
It's sad but I thank Dr. Madis so much for all he had done for Lenny ( and the other animals).
And thanks a lot he has informed us all the time.
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

Poor Lenny, it's sad but it's the right decision ... if he had not been taken in the clinic he would have already died of hunger in suffering :blush:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

This might be a good moment to give some donations,however small to help Dr. Madis to continue his work with wildlfe in Estonia.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

That is a great idea, macdoum!

AND

If anyone would like to introduce themselves to the forum and say where they live, we have a new topic in the Social Corner just for that: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=495

(I went first ... :laugh: )

DB53

Post by DB53 »

I just want to thank Dr. Madis for his efforts to help Lenny :bow:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

macdoum wrote:This might be a good moment to give some donations,however small to help Dr. Madis to continue his work with wildlfe in Estonia.
I found this info from one of Dr Madis' first posts:
viewtopic.php?p=149125#p149125

Madis Leivits, DVM
Expert-veterinary
Estonian Fund for Nature

http://www.metsloom.ee (English page)
http://www.elfond.ee

Donation page: http://www.metsloom.ee/en/help-wild-animals/donate
Maxiesma

Post by Maxiesma »

asteria wrote:Maybe that is stupid but how I wish that the fate of such birds(to euthanize of stay them alive) could have been solved by a forum poll.
I would never want to have to decide something like that. I have been watching the black storks for a couple of years. Love them also the osprey and the eagles both here and in the states.
I had to put my baby girl to sleep and it was the hardest thing I ever decided. Even now I cry and doubt my decision. Vet said it was for the best, she was very sick. It was the most loving thing I could do for her, she passed in my arms 10 years ago, and I cry right now.
That is not an easy decision to make and I am sure Dr. Madis is doing what is best for Lenny.
I want to thank him very much for trying as hard as he did to help him and then doing the best for Lenny.
Good night all
asteria

Post by asteria »

I had another experience three years ago. When my father-in-law had the last stage of cancer, also got radiation damage because of wrong treatment and was in coma, he couldn't breath himself and the doctors said: "He dies very soon. If you want to support him alive, the medicine will cost 400 euro a day". And we did pay it despite it was completely useless and he died in three days. Not to support him was out of question. And yes, the doctors were amazed we made that choice.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

NancyM wrote: I found this info from one of Dr Madis' first posts:
viewtopic.php?p=149125#p149125

Madis Leivits, DVM
Expert-veterinary
Estonian Fund for Nature

http://www.metsloom.ee (English page)
http://www.elfond.ee

Donation page: http://www.metsloom.ee/en/help-wild-animals/donate
I only wish it was as easy to donate also to Kotkaklubi- Eagle Club...press a button on paypal... :help:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
leonia

Post by leonia »

Many thanks to Dr. Madis Leivits for all his efforts!

Although it surely was a very hard and sad decision he had to take I am sure he did the right thing.
DB53

Post by DB53 »

I want to step forward and say that the previous comment by "troglodytes" is terribly wrong!
Starling

Post by Starling »

troglodytes wrote: * DELETED *
I understood Lenny (the stork) can´t eat by himself. So he wouldn´t manage in the zoo either. Unless somebody is forcing him to eat, which is stressfull. Especially if it´s not temporary. Also I understood the beak can not be fixed properly, so that it would be functional enough. For me it sounds Lenny is not capable to live in zoo either. I think the animal must be able to eat by himself, if he lives in zoo.
DB53

Post by DB53 »

I totally agree with you starling :thumbs:
DB53

Post by DB53 »

:whistling: I see many members here.... but no one is posting :slap:
DB53

Post by DB53 »

Take care Everyone :wave:
Starling

Post by Starling »

DB53 wrote: :whistling: I see many members here.... but no one is posting :slap:
I think everybody are watching the osprey family. :D
And maybe it´s just better to ignore some posts here. I don´t want to see any arguing here either. I wish everybody could be polite to each others here even though they don´t agree with each others opinions.

I also understand many of us can be disappointed because Lenny can´t be saved. But it is not fair to blame or accuse the doctor, who has done voluntary work with Lenny 6 weeks or so. :wave:
DB53

Post by DB53 »

Very well said Starling :thumbs:

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”