Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
wildflowers

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

Post by wildflowers »

What is going on at the nest...Who are the birds making all the noise ??
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Starling wrote:What bird(s) makes that funny noise? :puzzled:
wildflowers wrote:What is going on at the nest...Who are the birds making all the noise ??
I wonder if it can be "yelling" Trushes? I think it reminds me of Mr McNasty. A trush which often was yelling at Metra last year.. :puzzled:
Starling

Post by Starling »

It sounded like they were having a small party while the eagles are away. :laugh:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

about 21:00 ?
Starling

Post by Starling »

Fleur wrote:about 21:00 ?
I think it started a bit before 9 PM.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Starling wrote:It sounded like they were having a small party while the eagles are away. :laugh:
Or maybe they isn't? Maybe Miks is on the branch nearby, and that they are yelling at him.. :rolleyes:
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

Could anyone identify if Miks was heard in the yelling match? I was afraid he was being attacked by another bird. There are still sounds coming thru that makes me afraid for Miks. I thought it sounded like a hawk with all the screeching and growling ! :slap:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I think Blackbirds, moment please :laugh:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

More like that, blackbirds here yell like that if a cat is around, or one of the magpies eyes their nests. But I also think it's towards the thrush family.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Starling

Post by Starling »

wildflowers wrote:Could anyone identify if Miks was heard in the yelling match? I was afraid he was being attacked by another bird. There are still sounds coming thru that makes me afraid for Miks. I thought it sounded like a hawk with all the screeching and growling ! :slap:
Blackbirds, trushes... That could be it, like Lussi05, Fleur and Felis said. :nod: Something quite small anyway. I didn´t hear Miks. But they might tease Miks a little. But nothing too serious, I think. :chick:
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

Thanks to those who posted comforting messages. I was really scared there for a few minutes. I am so new to the eagle nests and forums that I cannot identify very much so I have to ask for help on the forum...thanks
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

If Miks was really close by, those kind of birds are no match to him, he is an eagle! More likely they saw something or somebody and yelled at it, they yell a lot ... or even felt disturbed by him. Metra did not even look at the McNasty last year! Like Eha just looked at the jays, but never really got angry! Small birds ... lunch, if they feel like!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

It can be the alarm call of Blackbirds, they belong to the trush family too :thumbs:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote: Small birds ... lunch, if they feel like!
No wonder they yell :unsure: :mrgreen:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lussi05 wrote:It can be the alarm call of Blackbirds, they belong to the trush family too :thumbs:
It sounded a bit like them, but not exactly, there was some "McNasty" in it too :mrgreen:
Don't know if yelling is helping against becoming lunch (or dinner at this hour), I would keep silent, if I were a small bird next to an eagle :puzzled:

vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Lussi05 wrote:It can be the alarm call of Blackbirds, they belong to the trush family too :thumbs:

I also think that it was little evening party of Blackbirds.
Starling

Post by Starling »

August 21

Good morning. :hi:
5.25 Empty nest again.
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

Metra did not stay in the nest last night...neither did Miks.

edit; Cable Guy captured a picture of metra night before last (Sunday night) just before it got light (page 90)and she flew to tree off to the left. She slept in nest without Miks and I thought she was sick....but I think not.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning :hi:

07:45 - Emty nest this morning. I have heard ravens, rooster that crows and dogs that barks, but no Miks so far. Maybe hunting school with dad has started :thumbs:

Have a nice day everybody :wave:
Starling

Post by Starling »

I heard Miks calling a few times early this morning. But it sounded like Miks was somewhere further again compared to yesterday morning. Have a nice day too (everybody)! :wave:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”