Adding images

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

lukris

Re: Adding images

Post by lukris »

Felis silvestris wrote:Actually you have put your question in the right thread, all the necessary answers are here. I think some members even provided step-by-step instructions in various languages.
First of all you need an account with one of the free photo hosts (like Photobucket, Flickr ...) and load your picture there. After that you only have to use the [img ] [ /img] brackets (if you use Photobucket you get the complete link already served from them on a silver platter) to insert the picture here.

Please remember to limit the amount of pictures in one post to 5, members with slower computers will thank you for this. Remember also, pictures should not exceed the size 800 x 600 in order to make sure the picture fits on smaller monitors without scrolling!
Thank you for the information! :D I will keep in mind your advise about the quantity and the size of the pics :2thumbsup:
Dum spiro, spero
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Cropping of JPEG images without loss of quality

http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Fleur ... I read that page you linked to (I want to go comfort that person! even if the posts were from 2010).

Personally, I use all those regular programs (Adobe, Picassa) to crop images and if there is some loss of quality (as "promised" or "warned") - I have never noticed it.
aita

Post by aita »

I have problems with Photobucket. Uploding take time OK, but it put pictures in wrong time order. If i add titles 1, 2, 3.....99 it take very very long time and dont know still, can i make slideshow by the titles order. Do somebody knows place where i can keep my pictures with my filename (it is in time order) or at least in my order.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:hi: aita

I do not know if you have the pictures give a name or date?
I usually do that and then in the right order, and everything will be alright, to me at least

You can also create folders

I hope it works :thumbs:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

aita wrote:I have problems with Photobucket. Uploding take time OK, but it put pictures in wrong time order. If i add titles 1, 2, 3.....99 it take very very long time and dont know still, can i make slideshow by the titles order. Do somebody knows place where i can keep my pictures with my filename (it is in time order) or at least in my order.
Aita, look here, Antoinette gave long answer

viewtopic.php?f=56&p=171502#p171502
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
aita

Post by aita »

Test
http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u38 ... 12%201054/
29 August 10.54 delivery 16 pictures
Thank you Antoinette, Juta and Fleur
I uploaded 4 pictures each time. My 1,2,3,4 come to order 3,4,1,2. Even my 3 and 4 upload pictures are mixed up!? So if I want to display my pictures on right time order (like series of action and with possibility to use next button- so I can make choice how long I be focused on picture deiails).
I must upload them one at a time. I already picked these 16 images, among about 100. I doubt whether it makes sense to spend as much time, if somebody else can not enjoy the activities beauty and grace. Ospreys have a great body language.
I can put the pictures in the site of large images, but BS forum Urmas said: We have possibility to use certain space in server. Some bigger images will not make troubles, but hundreds can... so its polite toward others, not to post big images. Rather you could use links of some popular image storage sites.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

@ aita : I'm afraid I can not help you, :blush: I hope someone else?
I often drag multiple photos to the folder, but I have what you have, never had before
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

aita, I just have written also to PB because their way of organising pictures is just terrible. They sent back a mail saying they don't understand my problem, there are ways to organise the pictures. Have you taken a look here: http://support.photobucket.com/entries/ ... and-albums?
I still had no time to explain them my problem, have to do, if others also have it!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
alice44

Post by alice44 »

One thing I do is sort my pictures in reverse order (so the most recently saved image is first on my computer) before I download them so that they are

4, 3, 2, 1

then photobucket gets them closer to what I want -- but still it often, but maybe not always, does something odd with 4 (the biggest number) it is frequently at the opposite end from where it should be.

The problem I have organizing my cam photos is that the thumbnails are small and many photos of one nest look similar -- so it is hard to get them into order.
aita

Post by aita »

Thank you all.
I did some tests and the results were different. When I have time I take a day for tests and tell you the results. They may be helps others as well.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have written to PB again and tried to describe the problem again. Got a mail announcing new PB today, but it seems to be with invitation only for the moment, but took the chance to ask if some of my requested features are available in the "new" PB!
Should I get myself invited to it? :puzzled: :unsure:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

aita

Post by aita »

aita wrote:Test
http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u38 ... 12%201054/
29 August 10.54 delivery 16 pictures
Thank you Antoinette, Juta and Fleur
I uploaded 4 pictures each time. My 1,2,3,4 come to order 3,4,1,2. Even my 3 and 4 upload pictures are mixed up!? So if I want to display my pictures on right time order (like series of action and with possibility to use next button- so I can make choice how long I be focused on picture deiails).
I must upload them one at a time. I already picked these 16 images, among about 100. I doubt whether it makes sense to spend as much time, if somebody else can not enjoy the activities beauty and grace. Ospreys have a great body language.
I can put the pictures in the site of large images, but BS forum Urmas said: We have possibility to use certain space in server. Some bigger images will not make troubles, but hundreds can... so its polite toward others, not to post big images. Rather you could use links of some popular image storage sites.
My order of images 1……16 - Photobucket the order of was 3, 4, 1, 2, 7, 8, 6, 5, 9, 12, 11, 15, 14, 10, 13, 16.
Now I will delete all my albums, on this photobucket account. All of my photos in Looduskalender forums – are on my second Photobucket account.
There I tried upload 55 (fifty-five) images, at one go and it took only one and a half minutes. All the images were in the right order. So now I really do not know what to think about this all.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Some time this week I have received another reply, but it was just the hint that one can preset the upload in the profile settings. No real help, so over the weekend another mail is due. But at least they have forwarded my suggestion of a fixed name for the pictures so links won't break if you move them from one album to their developers or something like that.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have written to Photobucket again about the uploading and told them it is not a problem I have alone. I have also tried out to click them in the reverse order, but it is sometimes not really working out that way, so I wrote that other people have experienced this particular problem too. I suggested that additionally to "Sort by A-Z" also to offer sort from "Z-A". Maybe that helps to have those VLC-named things in the reverse order - at least I would want to have the newest shots first.
But - they have an "all new" Photobucket, so maybe all things are again much different there, who knows!

aita

Post by aita »

Felis silvestris wrote:I have written to Photobucket again about the uploading and told them it is not a problem I have alone. I have also tried out to click them in the reverse order, but it is sometimes not really working out that way, so I wrote that other people have experienced this particular problem too. I suggested that additionally to "Sort by A-Z" also to offer sort from "Z-A". Maybe that helps to have those VLC-named things in the reverse order - at least I would want to have the newest shots first.
But - they have an "all new" Photobucket, so maybe all things are again much different there, who knows!
There you can choose, the first one is newer or older or alphabetically, but to save your settings/options - click on All Albums (there is no save).
(All my settings are the same as my account OK) I think my account with problems – it is account with an error. I can get there to make the movement of 2 -4 and then photobucket,com is not responding. I must open new window to log off. (It is always so – 1. account is all well and 2. account is all wrong)
It is very strange: I was there - Error PB account - and I opened therein a new version PB. it seemed OK. Downloaded as well, a quick... upload... (can not remember the exact name). The next day, when I watched on the Internet one Slideshow – it was mixed up order!?!!?
I have cleaned the computer and no more have gone to ERROR account.
I hope you understand my English Google
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Aita, Photobucket only told me again of the settings, like "newest first" on upload. I do my uploads at least from 2 PCs, one being that at work which I'm uploading once a week or every two weeks, depends on how many pictures I have. So, if I do my uploads from at home daily, I might manage to have the newest first, but then on Friday I do 80 from office which are maybe 2 weeks old ... ?
Sorting A-Z would give me, keeping the VLC-snap-name, the oldest first, the newest last. I want, for better overlook, to have the newest on first position, but this variation is not happening with PB.

And - attention and be careful!!!

There is a "new" Photobucket. The account I use for the Pontu photos offered me the new one, and I quickly clicked "return to the old" - as this is what they tell you:

This is, what you read the moment you switch to the "new" PB:

(and this is continued further, it's just a small part of it)

No more "unlimited" storage! I have the suspicion they want to revert the "unlimited" quietly with the new PB back and get money for more storage!
If you look at account status, you will find this: (nothing of my "current plan" being 2 GB!)

I have made a screenshot with the date I first saw this!

Unfortunately the Pontu photos are a huge amount of pictures and now I just wait for their "excessive use" reminder in the old version too!

ame

Post by ame »

after using the VLC for years i noticed some time ago that there a tab on the right next to the sound volume control (red recangle) with which the replay speed of a recorded video can be either slowed down or fastened up. i marked it here with a blue arrow. it's at setting "1x" as default. when you click on it a slidebar opens and you can slide the tab to slower or faster. when you adjust the replay speed slow enough then it is very easy to click frame-by-frame snapshots (green arrow) from the video for example for making gifs. :D

EDIT: later i have learned that the video can be watched frame-by-frame by clicking the right-most button (the button with red squary with blue frames) on the left row of buttons, where the green arrow is pointing. this can't be repeated very many times without VLC getting stuck, but if one takes snapshots of the frames then it can be repeated rather many times.

if you click on the little double arrows (below the slider) to the left the speed will become exactly 2/3, 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4 of normal. clicking the double arrow on the right will increase speed to 3/2, 2, 3 and 4 times faster. clicking the center "1x" will reset the speed to normal.

Imagegif criar

this hint is for VLC-users but i suppose there are similar replay controls in other players, too.
ame

Post by ame »

i just read about the trouble Aita has had with the bucket and i realized that i noticed a similar thing some days ago. i haven't uploaded much any pictures there for a long time but then i did, four pictures at a go. i just picked them in order from oldest to newest as i always do. previously they would have been in the bucket in the order of oldest upload (which was first on the upload list) in the bottom and newest (=last) upload on the top. this time they were there in in as random order as 4 pictures possibly can be! :slap: i don't know what's happened....

like Aita i have liked to have my albums in the order from the first (=oldest) picture on top of the album and the latest (=newest) in the bottom. i've used the "Organize"-function, just like Felis showed. i've just selected "Alpha by filename" and then the pictures are organized in time order as i've had the VLC name my screenshots named with the timestamp. that'll automatically give the correct alphabetical order, too. i tried it today and it seems to work still. i think that you could try to arrange pics in the alphabetical order. then pictures 1, 2, 3, etc should be in the right order. :nod:

but it is a nuisance that the pictures are in random order after uploading. now i've had to look up the right picture one by one. in the old times they were in upload-order and it was easier to find the right picture.... i don't like when they mess up with things. :rant:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Mine were going more or less in order for a few days and then pufft -- last night ACB, then BAC -- no rhyme or reason.

Return to “Questions and Help”