Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

NancyM
Site Admin

Technical Questions

Post by NancyM »

I am trying to post a picture that is stored on Photobucket, and also one from Flickr, but I get a message that "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

The pictures are not large (240 x 150 pixels)

Any idea what the problem is?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Martin fixed it, Bociany, but I still need to go and sort out thumbnail sizes. They are HUGE!
Attachment thumbnails are OK though. I will get to it later.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

I tried Photobucket and Flickr again, just now, and got the same error message for both.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Oh? I was finally able to post a bucket pic.

Aah - more work - sorry!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

That problem still has to be resolved, bociany.

Here is another one though!
My Fraps has stopped working :banghead:
When I press F10 My Documents appears on the screen, and no pic is saved to the Fraps folder.
I feel a bit suspicious of the keyboard - it is a wireless keyboard with several keys other than the F keys.. Just to worry me a bit, the cats often walk across the keyboard, on their way to the back of the monitor.
How can I find out if it is a keyboard problem, or a Fraps problem?
Martin

Post by Martin »

Jo UK wrote:That problem still has to be resolved, bociany.

Here is another one though!
My Fraps has stopped working :banghead:
When I press F10 My Documents appears on the screen, and no pic is saved to the Fraps folder.
I feel a bit suspicious of the keyboard - it is a wireless keyboard with several keys other than the F keys.. Just to worry me a bit, the cats often walk across the keyboard, on their way to the back of the monitor.
How can I find out if it is a keyboard problem, or a Fraps problem?
Do you happen to have an extra keyboard? If not, then change the hotkey from F10 to something else.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Got it!!
Some awful little paw had walked on F-lock. Now that I have found it, everything workd again!
Cats :soap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin

Post by Martin »

:laugh: well, good that you sorted it out :thumbs:
Olga

Post by Olga »

I do not remember how did I make clickable pics.. Or does this place work in a different way... testing.. :puzzled: No, what an earth did I when it did not succes here.. :slap: second test
test-wmplayer 2008-11-18 15-09-14-14.JPG
:chick: good, just try, you will know the how to..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Jo, I was going to hurry and tell you about the F-lock key, but you solved your problem hours ago!

Martin has fixed the problem with uploading pictures from Photobucket and Flickr. Thank you, Martin!

Now we (I) just have to be careful not to post pictures that are too wide for the screen. I am too lazy to click on thumbnails. :blush:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Why are my pics with FRAPS so much smaller than others :puzzled: only 840x480 to 1020x570? Where to change something.. :puzzled:
test:
Martin

Post by Martin »

renandeli wrote:Why are my pics with FRAPS so much smaller than others :puzzled: only 840x480 to 1020x570? Where to change something.. :puzzled:
test:
It depends on your monitor size and also Windows media Player window size.
Olga

Post by Olga »

My monitor size is 1280x800, .. :puzzled: I can use the win-mediapalyer very poorly, be cause the 'help' is in English. It is too difficult to explain and understand to me be cause i don't know the needed words in English...everything in my PC is in Finnish.It is then the winmedia player I should change something..thanks Martin. I try to solve the problem later.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

This looks like an occasion when you need to use your own language to solve a problem - can you manage in Estonian?
Also, it may help others with the same problem.
Olga

Post by Olga »

No, I cannot Estonian. :hi: I think I should know where in WMP-properties I could change the numbers of 'filesize'.. I cannot find any place for that. I have sent a question to my Finnish PC-fairy. I think I have taken bigger pics from BS-web cam..
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

hello renandeli,

I might be completely wrong about this, but my understanding is that Fraps will capture a picture that is the same size as the original video stream. Even if you have the picture enlarged on your monitor, it will capture only the original size. Other software programs do something different, and capture the picture as it shows on your screen. The larger pictures from the BS video might be because that camera stream sent a larger original size ( ??? I am not sure about that).
Olga

Post by Olga »

Yes, bociany, i think you are right. FRAPS-screenshots are as big they are. I noticed that the pictures I catch are saved into my folder in 848x480, but if i want I can rezise the screenshots, one by one, bigger, for ex 1200x680. I should find where to change the 'something' (i don't know the word in English)in my PC. I cann't find it.
test:
Martin

Post by Martin »

renandeli wrote:Yes, bociany, i think you are right. FRAPS-screenshots are as big they are. I noticed that the pictures I catch are saved into my folder in 848x480, but if i want can rezise the screenshots, one by one, bigger, for ex 1200x680. I should find where to change the 'something' (i don't know the word in English)in my PC. I cann't find it.
Say it in Finnish, maybe i can help :rolleyes:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Hi! Martin, I try. :wave: FRAPS-kuvat tallentuvat minun Omien kuvatiedostojen kansioon aina koossa 848x480, siis pieninä - mutta jos haluan voin muuttaa FRAPS-kuvien koon manuaalisesti isommaksi, esimerkiksi 1200x680 (kuvan tarkkuus ei laske). Voikohan jostain säätää asetuksen niin, että screenshot-kuvat tallentuisivat isompina ilman että pitää isontaa kuvat erikseen jälkeenpäin, - tätä en tiedä, ainakaan en löydä sellaista paikkaa koneeltani mistä sen voisi säätää. (tavalliset digitaali-kuvat tallentuvat vaikka kuinka isoiksi..).

http://s672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82 ... o-2009.jpg
It is prohibited once and for all to put in publick any pictures captured from Hailuoto nest, thank you Finland for the message. :blush:

http://s672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lembelkf/
unp

Post by unp »

Hi renandeli!

I think bociany is right and the problem is with the incoming video stream, not your PC or WMP. The pictures you posted on Nov 18 in this topic and on Nov 18 and 19 in the 'Winter Feeding Ground Cameras' were 1024x576.
My WMP today indicated an incoming stream at the rate of 1.39 Mbps and 1024x576. So the problem does not seem to be global. Maybe your internet service provider can tell you something about it. (By the way, is the bit rate of 708 Kbps what you are paying for?) Consulting your PC fairy may be the best solution.

Return to “Questions and Help”