Adding images

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

NancyM
Site Admin

Re: Adding images

Post by NancyM »

You can do it, Carmel! send me a PM if you need some more help and I will try ...

Fraps did not work with Vista at first, but then the new versions fixed the problem and it works fine. Make sure you have the latest version. I have version 2.9.7
edziks111

Post by edziks111 »

mhmmm....i dont understand haw to put my own photo :? it must be jpg for,at then i need ........ what to do to put photo in web
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Edziks, you need to register (free) at a photo-hosting site. I use www.photobucket.com, but there are many around the net.
I don't know which site members in Latvia use - I don't think it matters.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

What do our members think about Windows 7?

I have been contemplating buying a new computer, but I can't seem to buy Windows XP any more. Most people in UK say they don't like Vista and sales are affected by that dislike, here.

So, what about Windows 7? Have you got it?
Do you like it? What about conflicts with other software?
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Jo UK wrote:What do our members think about Windows 7?

I have been contemplating buying a new computer, but I can't seem to buy Windows XP any more. Most people in UK say they don't like Vista and sales are affected by that dislike, here.

So, what about Windows 7? Have you got it?
Do you like it? What about conflicts with other software?
Jo I know nothing personally but the reviews seem to indicate that Windows 7 is Vista as it should have been, that is much better than Vista -- and that it is very nice unless you are a game player.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks Alice. Not for games players? Oh well, as long as it copes with forums and webcams it should be OK!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello all.

--First, i use gadwin printscreen to make the pictures. http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
( version 4.4 )
Here you can choose, with which button you taking the pictures. and which folder you want to put them.

--For put them on the site, i use Tinypic., but...I do not know who is in English.
--Yes, it is. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/tinypic.html

-- I have been a few weeks windows 7. First I had vista.
Should really get used to.
I can not record movies with windows 7.
Perhaps that is a real player's fault, I do not know.

Now used for other site's WMrecorder. http://www.wmrecorder.com/
The free demo version.
But here on Loodus I still can not capture movies.

--Windows 7 also works well to me.

Games I do not, so I have no experience for that.
Thea

Post by Thea »

[img][/url][/img]
Thea

Post by Thea »

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Hi, :wave: Thea, do you need some help?
ame

Post by ame »

Jo :hi:
there seems to be something wrong about my pictures up there in the siga1-forum... i can't post new ones and also the older ones have disappeared and there a notice there instead...
like this: viewtopic.php?p=60768#p60768
:help: & :banghead:
what to do???
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Oh, ame, that is what happens to enthusiastic photobucket users.!
I expect you also had a message encouraging you to buy a Pro account which gives you unlimited bandwidth.

The free account at photobucket, which is so valuable to many of us, does have its imitations The allowance of 500MB storage space and 10GB of monthly traffic That refers to the number of clicks on your pictures and the bandwidth each view uses.

Even our avatars, if they are stored on bucket, take up some of that bandwidth each time we post.

Ame, your pictures will be restored at the month-iversary (!) of your account start date.
What was the date on the day you joined photobucket?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

As most of us look at pictures that have been posted today, then the images from last week, last month, etc, have far fewer views and use much less bandwidth. We use photobucket's server space when we post pictures here.

To have our own huge server would be marvellous, but we all need to win the Lottery to afford that!
ame

Post by ame »

Jo UK wrote:Oh, ame, that is what happens to enthusiastic photobucket users.!
I expect you also had a message encouraging you to buy a Pro account which gives you unlimited bandwidth.

The free account at photobucket, which is so valuable to many of us, does have its imitations The allowance of 500MB storage space and 10GB of monthly traffic That refers to the number of clicks on your pictures and the bandwidth each view uses.

Even our avatars, if they are stored on bucket, take up some of that bandwidth each time we post.

Ame, your pictures will be restored at the month-iversary (!) of your account start date.
What was the date on the day you joined photobucket?
i seem to have joined on April 13th last year. - gee, i think i didn't read the small print when i signed the P-buck account conditions... who does?! i just gave the information they wanted and then automatically clicked 'yes' and 'i accept' to all the remaining questions...

yes, i got a message from there about buying the Pro account. that was in the same message that i read yesterday and in which they warned me that i'm approaching my limits. i can't remember when that message was dated. i've been on a holiday this week and haven't read my e-mail (that's another mistake! :slap: )

anyways i thought that deleting some unnecessary pictures would keep my nose above the water, and so i did that. i also thought that as one picture is about 300kB and they said that i'm some GBs from my limit, i would be safe... 3 pictures is about one MB so one GB would be 3000 pictures!

this morning i've been studying the P-bucket regulations a bit more carefully. i realized that it's not only the number of picture files you have there and their sizes, but it's also the rate at which your posted pictures are viewed! do you have any idea of how many pictures per day/week/month approximately is still on the safe side if you only post links to them on LK-pages? :dunno:

it's a relief to know that the pictures are not deleted, but will be recovered within few weeks...

maybe this is just a good lesson to me, to calm down a bit. it's not necessary to post nor save every picture you manage to capture.... :rotf: it was just so fun....
i think i chatted with someone who also had begun using GOM-player and taking captures with it, saying that it is far too easy to click pictures with it! :mrgreen: i almost suffocated my computer with the pictures, and after that then i brushed the problem under the Photobucket-carpet....
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

You are right, Ame, it is so easy to have fun with bucket!

I looked at the cost of a Pro account - really, it's not a lot.
About £16 English pounds or 18.50 Euros,- How many cups of coffee is that in a year?

I shall consider it, if I reach my limit.
ame

Post by ame »

well, it's not very expensive (about a book's price with some discount, and i don't much count the numbers of books i buy), but i think i'd better have at least some limits to slow me down! this picture thing was really getting out of my hand... :mrgreen: 8-) after all, i have some (real) work to do, too...
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

hi ame, familiar problem! :D
i really don`t know how many pics i can upload per day/week, but i regularly check my account...
at Photobucket page you see "My home", click on it and in down left corner you see your Account usage.
the same data are in Account Settings, so from there you may see when your images will be seen again( look the Member since date)
the other option is getting "Pro" but... :puzzled:
( my storage is used 52% and bandwidth is used 19% for now) i take many captures, but upload only few of them...if you delete the pictures you have posted already - they will vanish from forum too
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I think the bandwidth has as much to do with how much we look at your images.

On the left page of the photobucket home page it shows your space and bandwidth usage and which photos have the most views.

In January I used too much bandwidth and I am almost certain it was because someone somewhere reposted some cat image I put into photobucket months ago. It was the one image with lots and lots of views.

So copying images and re-posting them multiple places is not a good idea because each post uses more bandwidth.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I had thought that, Alice, about people who post to other forums. Many of us use more than one forum and I expect many images in photobucket are seen in many different places, not just here.!

I know only photobucket for my images, but I suppose other free photo-hosting sites have similar restrictions?
ame

Post by ame »

for our Russian-speaking members (who don't speak English so well) i have tried here to give guidelines of how to post pictures. you can use a photo-hosting service called Radikal.ru, which is free-of-charge and does not even require any registration. you can use for example Google to find it or click this address:
http://www.killerstartups.com/Site-Revi ... s-for-free

this is how i used it to post a picture:
first i loaded the picture to Radikal.ru photo service, (you can use the browse-butten to locate your picture file in your computer)

then i copied the link under option number "2. Картинка в тексте"
by clicking the left mouse button. then the address of the picture became blue.

then i copied the addres by pressing the right mouse button and selected 'Copy' from the list (or just press Ctrl-c)

then i pasted the address here in the Looduskalender "Post-a-reply" window with Ctrl-v. then the picture will be shown in the message and i didn't have to write anything more there.

here's a translation into Russian (a student of mine made it for me; thank you Dmitri! :bow: ):

Здесь выше, я загрузила картинку на Radikal.ru photo service. Потом я скопировала линк под выбором "2. Картинка в тексте" используя левую клавишу мышки. Адрес картинки стал синим.

Потом я скопировала адрес используя правую клавишу мышки. Из меню я выбрала 'Copy', (или просто используя клавишы на клавиатуре Ctrl-c)

Потом я вставила адрес здесь в окно Looduskalender "Post-a-reply" используя Ctrl-v. Таким способом картинка будет видна в сообщение, и мне не больше ничего не надо было туда писать.

i hope this is useful, and i'd be grateful if someone who understands Russian would test this procedure and make the necessary corrections. :wave:

Return to “Questions and Help”