Iberian Nature Photography

Brit

Re: Iberian Nature Photography

Post by Brit »

Yesterday Birgit of course didn't only make photos of the black kites: We experienced so many nice things! For example we discovered Daddy Sardinian warbler:

And who likes, here is the story with it:

Mr. and Mrs. Sardinian warbler and its offspring!
Have a nice day!
Brit
http://www.worldofanimals.eu/
Olga

Post by Olga »

Birgit Kremer wrote in her web page concerning the Sardinian warble photos:

After I showed the photos to an English bird expert, he knew immediately what I really had seen: adult females begging for food with the same gestures like the young birds are doing. As A. told me this belongs for many birds species to a wedding performance, also for the Sardinian warblers. :chick: <-- an adult female :laugh: What interesting, hahha.. A great experience!
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
BirgitK

Post by BirgitK »

Olga wrote:A great experience!
I really was, Olga. Of course I knew that kingfisher offer little fishes to their bride and bee eaters little insects to the female in wedding times. But I didn´t realize that those little warbles do it too. By the way: Mr. Warbler was very busy because they were several females. That´s why the guy looked so tired! :D
BirgitK

Post by BirgitK »

Olga wrote: May I add some of them here to see direct? :puzzled:
Sorry, Olga, I didn´t understand very well want you meant. Brit just told me en german! :) Of course you may! :)
Olga

Post by Olga »

BirgitK wrote: Sorry, Olga, I didn´t understand very well want you meant. Brit just told me en german! :) Of course you may! :)
Many of them are so beautuful,that they must be seen here!! Thanks!
BirgitK

Post by BirgitK »

Olga wrote: Many of them are so beautuful,that they must be seen here!! Thanks!
But, Olga, if all those pictures are just one klick away from here. And as I see with google analytics a lot , but a lot of people do this click. And once they are on my HP they discover a lot of other stories and pictures. I think, it´s just great like it is!
Brit

Post by Brit »

Of course we visited on the weekend also the storks at San Roque. This photo does not show the ecstasy of Bonnie and Clyde about our visit, but their excitement about the neighbors:

Here is the complete report:

Stork colony at San Roque – March 1 2010
Have a nice day!
Brit
Olga

Post by Olga »

BirgitK wrote: But, Olga, if all those pictures are just one klick away from here. And as I see with google analytics a lot , but a lot of people do this click. And once they are on my HP they discover a lot of other stories and pictures. I think, it´s just great like it is!
It's all right! :wave:
Brit

Post by Brit »

Finallly the sun is shining again! And with this springlike photo of Mr. Swallow tail laying eggs ...

... you are invited to the short story of:

Springtime at Guadalhorce
Have a nice day!
Brit
Brit

Post by Brit »

Yesterday Birgit had been at the garbage dump of Los Barrios. A terrific place to spend the weekend!

How the black kites snatch away food from each other in flight…….

… you can see in this short photo report:

Black kites: the fight for food!
Have a nice day!
Brit
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: What great photos again, Birgit from the garbage dump :laugh: Our Finnish eagle men have told a story of something like that what you told with photos. They had seen two White Tailed Eagles do this: Two WTEs were flyig over an icy lake, the other threw a fish and the second one catched the fish, the this threw the fish and the first one took it, and they went on this way for a good time! They were sure that the eagles had played with the fish for fun! ( it was told in some article where it was discussed if birds have 'feelings' or not -the conclusion was that the writer thought that yes, they have, the play with the fish was something they were sure that the eagles just injoyed : 'who catches the flyig fish'.
Brit

Post by Brit »

Thank you for telling the story, dear Olga! I am also sure, that animals have 'feelings' and that they can think. Maybe not like we humans, but in their way!
Have a nice day!
Brit
Brit

Post by Brit »

A visit to Fuente de Piedra again. In flamingo-circles …

… it quickly made the round, that in the lagoon is enough water for wedding ceremonies and breeding. And so about 8000 flamingos arrived during the last few days. Here is the photo report:

Fuente de Piedra: the flamingos arrive for breeding!
Have a nice day!
Brit
BirgitK

Post by BirgitK »

I´m sure, Olga that they played with that fish just for fun! Several times I´ve seen white storks doing a somersault in the air. Just for fun because the day was nice, the thermic good and they wanted to amuse themselves.

Between "my" two black kites there was´n´t any fun. It was just the fight for the food. :wave:
Olga

Post by Olga »

The Flamigo photos:something just incredible for my eyes! :slap: They are amazing beautiful. I have seen them only in videos in youtube -and one time in live in Korkeasaari Zoo i Helsinki. Thank you, Birgit an Brit!
Olga

Post by Olga »

BirgitK wrote:I´m sure, Olga that they played with that fish just for fun! Several times I´ve seen white storks doing a somersault in the air. Just for fun because the day was nice, the thermic good and they wanted to amuse themselves.

Between "my" two black kites there was´n´t any fun. It was just the fight for the food. :wave:
Yes, you are right. It just reminded me of the 'play' though this time it was not it. It happens! :wave:
BirgitK

Post by BirgitK »

Olga wrote:The Flamigo photos:something just incredible for my eyes! :slap: They are amazing beautiful. I have seen them only in videos in youtube -and one time in live in Korkeasaari Zoo i Helsinki. Thank you, Birgit an Brit!
You are welcome, Olga! :D Those mediterrenean flamingos
are really amazing. They have a lot of social structures in their lives. For example, when the little flamingos grow up and there is not enough food at Fuente de Piedra than the parents fly all together in the late afternoon to Doñana, to take food and bring it back the next morning. Meanwhile the youngsters are staying in a so called "flamingo kindergarten", taking care of them a few of older birds until the parents are back.

Kind regards from Spain
Birgit
Brit

Post by Brit »

Who wants to look at photos from the again-awaked smiling frogs ….

… photographed in the last few days and nights, please go there:

Green- and tree frogs

Unfortunately the „theatre spotlights“ did not arrive yet. But maybe within this week! Than the program can start!
Have a nice day!
Brit
Olga

Post by Olga »

:thumbs: Thanks again for the frog photos. They are so beautiful, jewelry of the nature like paradise.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Olga wrote::wave: What great photos again, Birgit from the garbage dump :laugh: Our Finnish eagle men have told a story of something like that what you told with photos. They had seen two White Tailed Eagles do this: Two WTEs were flyig over an icy lake, the other threw a fish and the second one catched the fish, the this threw the fish and the first one took it, and they went on this way for a good time! They were sure that the eagles had played with the fish for fun! ( it was told in some article where it was discussed if birds have 'feelings' or not -the conclusion was that the writer thought that yes, they have, the play with the fish was something they were sure that the eagles just injoyed : 'who catches the flyig fish'.
It reminds me why I did not like Johnathan Livingston Seagull -- about the one gull who learned to play. When I read it I thought, now wait all gulls love to swoop and dive and play.

Return to “Nature in Photographs”