Jaanioja Webcam

Webcams that are not directly sponsored by Looduskalender
ame

Re: Jaanioja Webcam

Post by ame »

March 31st: good morning!
there's no-one in the ground, but a lot of birds are singing around: chaffinches, yellowhammers, tits, blackbirds. it seems and sounds to be a pretty morning even though the Sun doesn't shine on the ground.

now a deer comes in to eat. :rolleyes:

ame

Post by ame »

there are a lot of people's voices in the background talking: men, women and children. hence no animals, except tits singing and crows crowing.
... now the talking stopped... there's dripping sound, i guess it must be raining slowly...
ame

Post by ame »

now there's a robin calling its warning ticking all the time... silent otherwise..
some pictures from the morning. at 7.27 some blackbirds.
ame

Post by ame »

food was brought at 7.45 and at 7.59 some crows came to have some breakfast. the one on the left had something else on its mind, too: it was courting to a lady-crow, very much in the same way as ravens court. it made rather similar voices, too. :D
then even more crows came.
ame

Post by ame »

at 8.19 two deer came to eat a little.

... but after few minutes the crows gave a warning of something and the deer ran away...
ame

Post by ame »

here's one picture from last night. there were about 8 boar eating, none of them was big. :innocent:
ame

Post by ame »

the ground is empty, but tits can be heard. evening food has not been brought yet.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Now there is just one pig munching.

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Now there are more including a momma pig and last years youngsters which seem quite small but not thin.

and now they are gone -- they were nervous and kept hopping back from the food like there was a snake, probably it was the sound of the camera that scared of them.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

And they are back!

I made new posts for the time stamp since there is not one on the camera -- and I would post the wrong time if I tried to do it on my own.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

It is interesting to watch the way the pigs back up away from the cam.

Step, step, step back away from the cam.

@2:15

I watched this one for a while trying to figure out that mark.
ame

Post by ame »

April 1st: good morning!
the ground is empty but there are a lot of birds' voices: a robin ticking, blackbirds, chaffinches, a crow, tits, green finches at least. was that a skylark?

there's only little snow left in the back and the ground is all smeared with pigs hooves. :laugh: the pedestal of the salt block is pushed almost out of the picture again, but it is upright, this time: no-one has turned it over.

the weather seems to be ok, even though it's not sunny.
ame

Post by ame »

and hi, Alice :hi: i see you've been around. :innocent:
i take a lot of pictures, too, during evenings and sort them out in the following morning/day using Windows Photogallery. that shows the time when the picture file was created, and that's where i get the "time stamp". i then rename the files i want to keep and write down on a piece of paper the time, the file name and maybe some information about the picture, too, what it is about.

this sounds like a lot of work, but then i don't need to log on during the evening and write posts here. sometimes that would be rather difficult (or even impossible!), with the laptop and a cat or two in the lap by the TV. :mrgreen:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I can get my time but not Estonian time ;-)

(There was a little bird that might have been a skylark -- I do not know if I have ever seen one. They were introduced into victoria bc, but we do have some larks and it did look larky. Don't they like open grassy areas though?)
ame

Post by ame »

yesterday evening at 19.10 two rather small pigs came quite cautiously from the forest to the ground. this was taken at 19.15:
they stayed side by side most of the time. at 19.20:
at 19.25:
ame

Post by ame »

alice44 wrote:I can get my time but not Estonian time ;-)

(There was a little bird that might have been a skylark -- I do not know if I have ever seen one. They were introduced into victoria bc, but we do have some larks and it did look larky. Don't they like open grassy areas though?)
ahhh, yes i see.... :nod: but isn't it quite easy to convert the time...? :puzzled:
i took a look in Wikipedia:
Time zones
- most of state Pacific: UTC-8/-7
- most of Malheur County Mountain: UTC-7/-6
which one are you located in?
Estonia is +2 hours (like Finland) and if you are UTC -8 hours then you'd need to add 10 hours to your file saving times.. it's simple. :thumbs:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

:dunno:
and convert to a 24 hour clock.

I am having trouble with all the cams -- just going to sleep on me. I think it is worse when I have 2 open so it seems like most of the problem is at my end.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

You got pigs by daylight and the little one looks a little thin.
No pigs now, nothing that I can see. (The salt was moved a little with the feeding.)

(I just watched Fleur's video again, of a magpie harassing a buzzard -- it made me laugh all over again -- the link is on the first page of this forum)

Well it lies -- it is not my video it is Fleur's but it is a direct link
View My Video
ame

Post by ame »

alice44 wrote::dunno:
and convert to a 24 hour clock.

I am having trouble with all the cams -- just going to sleep on me. I think it is worse when I have 2 open so it seems like most of the problem is at my end.
ok, that's a bit more trouble if you're not used to the 24-hour notation. but "am" and "pm" would be quite enough. :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

alice44 wrote:You got pigs by daylight and the little one looks a little thin.
yes, i though so, too: they looked thinner. and i think this pair hadn't been here earlier, at least not as a pair. i mean that i haven't seen a pair before, only a group of 8, later joined by some more big boar late at nights.
i'll sort my pics now properly. i had to stop for a while because one of our two cats insisted that he'd be cuddled in lap for some time. :D

Return to “Other Webcams in Estonia”