Spring and Summer in Finland

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
macdoum

Re: Spring and Summer in Finland

Post by macdoum »

Olga wrote:- Only one eye can't be dangerous, bur if there were two eyes, I think...
- I know it! That's it!

:slap: Olga,you are unmasked. :nod:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Well we will find you and the squirells whether its the fall or winter ..
My hubby too enjoys the squirell story. :laugh: and we love that photo I re-posted now and the one with the tit and the boy together. He has no name yet ?
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

macdoum wrote:Well we will find you and the squirells whether its the fall or winter ..
My hubby too enjoys the squirell story. :laugh: and we love that photo I re-posted now and the one with the tit and the boy together. He has no name yet ?
Thank you, macdoum for the message! Tell my sincere greetings to your hubby, please! :nod:

Yes, Little boy could have a name. What if you give it, please :D My head and heart are still upside down because of the death of my dearest friend, Girju (2nd September). I knew that it may happen when ever, that old he was.. But I could not know how hard it would be... There he has his place now behind the hazel and dog fence (there are yet Girju's parent, mother, and my two cats). Nanu does not want to go close to the place.. But I have been there and cleaning the surroundings of the last resting place of my most important animal friends..under an old spruce..

I have taken some photos of squirrels when I have noticed them during the last days.. Little boy and Silk ear I have seen, and birds, tits, and also wood pecker, but no other squirrels.

I will still add here some photos a bit later. There is a new Topic for the Finnish Fall time, but this summer topic needs some photos more... Summer has gone, it vanished in one night..Life goes on, squirrels will be there...I will not forget them, how could I..

5th September 2010:

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
visitor

Post by visitor »

This is a good place to rest for your dear furry friends, Olga. Be strong.
a storkaholic
Olga

Post by Olga »

visitor wrote:This is a good place to rest for your dear furry friends, Olga. Be strong.
Thank you, visitor.. I have been cleaning my little forest corner cemetery, somehow it is comforting or something like that... Ravens make their talking there close by.. :rolleyes: The fence has to be prepared e.g. there had been grown tens of small aspens all around and they are not allowed to invade that place... 8-)
Olga

Post by Olga »

The last days of summer in Southern Finland.
1st September at 11:00.

Who are you?? :puzzled:

Oh, the old feeder is not good! Its slippy! :blush:

Olga

Post by Olga »

2nd September When looking from window everything looked like earlier, but the world is not same. My dear friend, Lapp dog Girju, 15 years 10 months died at 2 in the night.

Olga

Post by Olga »

2nd September. I thought not take photos, but.. :unsure:

Who are you?.. Little boy? Dark tail.. hm.. :puzzled:

Olga

Post by Olga »

2nd September continues. In the evening the sunset was really,,...

In the day we had buried Girju under the spruce, in the evening the light in the air was odd there under the spruce..

A bit later there there begun an exceptionally light show in the Westerns sky..

In the eastern sky colors were like this. There is seen the top of the spruce of my best frend:

Olga

Post by Olga »

Next morning, the 4th September, before 6:00 in the morning.

I know you! There you are, you sweet little boy squirrel :laugh: Macdoum will give a name to you, I hope! :thumbs:

Later in the afternoon: Silk ear. Summer 2010 in Finland has gone in the past. But as we can see, there are some little friends in the nature who just go on their everyday life and will always search food, nut at this time:

visitor

Post by visitor »

The sky was just amazing, so bright colours!
a storkaholic
Olga

Post by Olga »

Yes, visitor. It was almost frightening. I am not used to adjust the settings of my camera, but that is how the sky looked...maybe not 100% exactly 1:1.. I have not edited those photos.. Later the sunset sky was dark red, incredible, odd.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Olga wrote:Yes, visitor. It was almost frightening. I am not used to adjust the settings of my camera, but that is how the sky looked...maybe not 100% exactly 1:1.. I have not edited those photos.. Later the sunset sky was dark red, incredible, odd.
I think,Olga that it was a last goodby from Girju..a salute,an adieu.
Your heart must be heavy,as mine is too. :sad: life gives and life takes away..but it is very sad for the ones who stay behind.
I am pleased that his final resting place is near to you.
Emily Dickinson
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

deserved a nice place to rest.....

What a special sky Olga.

Return to “Seasons”