Finnish Fall 2010

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Finnish Fall 2010

Post by Olga »

He must be Charley! :laugh: He is not looking at the window and the lens for the first time!

- What? Again there is somebody!

- No dogs! Good!

- Always someone is following me..!!

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Olga wrote: 12:30.. photos follow..

His body looks a bit longer than that of our rather well known 'little boy', Charley..
]
Please can I call this one Bud ? :shake:
I love the colours of his coat. His head is greyish,shoulders red and the rest is brownish. Must be the Papa squirell ?

I like the tile ( covering the water) colour,it is a match for the new feeder. !! :nod:
I have started to print some photos,for future identification..though my printer is not the best. :D so then if names come up I can see.! :headroll:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

Hello Macdoum, of course, let's cal him Bud! Good that we had a name in store for him!

Me too needed a printer. For the moment I have not one of my own. We tried to connect hsbnd's printer, but something went wrong. My PC did not accept it, and the printer caused (or our way to install it) a chaos on my PC.. it was a catastrophe..
Olga

Post by Olga »

I believe that today I saw the other female (Anja) on the feeder, at about 9:00 in the morning. Last time I saw her she had got 'new wounds, bites' which I noticed the 27th August. Here (Finnish Spring and Summer 2010 topic):

viewtopic.php?p=80663#p80663

And after the 27th I saw her the 30th August. Here:

viewtopic.php?p=80815#p80815

One photo from the 27th August:

--

Today the the 9th September she looked this, the scars are on same places. She didn't turn her other side - so I don't know how the left side of her face is now (-there was some dark mark close to her mouth..)

She didn't move much, just was sitting there and eating seeds.

These are the best photos I could take:

Two photos zoomed closer:

I have to say that I thought that she looked tired.. :unsure: Anyway she ate well!
Olga

Post by Olga »

Later in the afternoon at 17:00, when I had returned home there was Charley! :D

There were lot of toys of Nappu here and there. Perhaps those 'not moving' doggies, plastic bottles, a bear, a crocodile, an elephant, several boots, papers, my garden shoes etc made him nervous and uncertain. :laugh: Both dogs were inside.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Squirells are very clever as we know so he probably counted all those toys and the shoes,the colours and size and ..next time he will remember. :rotf:

I am sorry Anja's wound has not healed completely,only the shoulder wound still looks sore. The food will help her recover quicker and give her strength.
I think you will be racing to the shops for nuts and grains... a lot. :rolleyes:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

macdoum
Squirells are very clever as we know so he probably counted all those toys and the shoes,the colours and size and ..next time he will remember.

You made my day! I read it early in the mornign.. :rotf: Thank you!

Today Anja the 'second' female squirrel was there from 9:30 to 10:10, in full swing.. Not tired, not the least.. just lively, mobile, eyes bright.. I took maybe 100 photos in seven minutes.. only in some 10-12 photos she can be recognized.

After 10:00 there were two squirrels like fighting who is the queen of the feeder from 10:17-11:00! They just chased each others, they did not harm each other. It was impossible to take photos worth to put here... I never get them in one and same photo!.. 8-)

At last, about 11:20, there was Silk ear with her stylish pale beach grayish cheeks and bright eyes and calm behavior.

But I have to put the photos later, sorry!! It has been a very busy day...
Olga

Post by Olga »

13 photos of Anja, the squirrel that I yesterday thought was 'tired': today, no way..

9:30

Anja seems to be counting the toys on the lawn! Good there are not new ones so she can be on peace...

There was some other squirrel on the ground.. Me too saw her running on the lawn behind the corner..

Olga

Post by Olga »

continues, after 9:30

Anja

The left side of her mouth seems to have healed - if there was something 'wrong', anyway, the 'dark mark' (?, what it ever was..) is lighter. Anja, seen from some angles, looks (to me) younger that Silk ear .. roundish profile or something, difficult to explain.. She was so lively, alert and hungry.. :nod:

She has a nut o her mouth! :D

Olga

Post by Olga »

Anja, at 9:45, still there. I even put some nuts more on the basket, she escaped when I opened the window, but returned at the same second when I shut the window..

Olga

Post by Olga »

Anja at 10:09... She is just all right! :thumbs:

Then there begun a kind of mess, two squirrels wanted to eat at same time...

Olga

Post by Olga »

Silk ear! at 10:17..

What a pity that there was not nuts that moment! Of course she found them later - if she was there..

:!: (edit: macdoum 'added' below in her post:)

What..!! no nuts :puzzled: ssomethings wrong here. :unsure: where are the nuts..that lady there.. :help: forgot to put the nuts.!! :slap:
Does she know that the competition is fierce now ? I am sure she will watch more carefully and come by before the others.

Olga

Post by Olga »

Silk ear was itching!

Those familiar bright eyes and the little, sweet nose..:

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Thank you for the days news. :thumbs: Now,do I see a look of reproach in Silk Ear's manner ? What..!! no nuts :puzzled: ssomethings wrong here. :unsure: where are the nuts..that lady there.. :help: forgot to put the nuts.!! :slap:
Does she know that the competition is fierce now ? I am sure she will watch more carefully and come by before the others. LOL
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

Today I saw Charley! There may have been other squirrels too, but I was elsewhere.. I have filled the nut basket several times: tits are so many that the basket is empty very soon..

Olga

Post by Olga »

He was there at least from 12:40 to 13:00 and later on about at 14:00.

In some photos he looks very similar to Anja, but hi is Charley. Anja had yesterday a tick (?.. or some other dark 'ball', 'track'..?) on her left cheek, and today Charley has just same kind of mark in same cheek under the left eye... But you can see that there are tassel fur growing on Charley's ear tops! Anja will get them maybe a bit later.. :puzzled:

Olga

Post by Olga »

more photos of Charley today.. :D (there are some differencies on the photos!! 8-)

Now Charley has eaten all the nuts!

He continued by eating seeds!

Olga

Post by Olga »

Charley's profile today:

Olga

Post by Olga »

There was somewhere here lately a post from Jo UK about sweet tomatos this year.. could not find that Topic.. But also here are tomatos getting ripe! These are the first tomatos from my tomato plot - I have taken them inside be cause there has been here quite cold nights. It's really fall now. Trees are turning yellow three weeks earlier thn last year.

alice44

Post by alice44 »

That looks like you will have some ripen up real nicely!

And I have done friend green tomatoes with tomatoes that are just barely yellow like some in the box under the basket.

Return to “Seasons”