Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

IceAge

Re: Technical Questions

Post by IceAge » August 25th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Hello :hi: ,

is there no forum for the Metskitsekaamera ?
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein

juta
Site Admin

Post by juta » August 25th, 2017, 8:44 pm

Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)

mogga

Post by mogga » August 27th, 2017, 3:41 pm

:hi:
This will probably have been asked (and answered) several times, but I don't know where.

I can't watch some pictures, but see this:

For important info, please go to:
http://www.photobucket.com/P500

Before I now go to photobucket.com/P500: Do I really find there the solution to quickly solve this problem?

ame

Post by ame » August 27th, 2017, 4:14 pm

hi mogga!
there's no way to solve this problem. -or there is but that would require an enormous amount of money to give to the Bucket. the Bucket suddenly changed their terms so that now they want a fee of 400 $ per year to allow "3rd party hosting" of pictures in web sites like ours. that's a ridiculous demand: it's more than a dollar per day! every year! and who knows what they'll come up with next. :slap:

this is a world-wide problem. Bucket's new policy ruined thousands of forums and blogs etc. by replacing people's pictures with their announcement picture. ... i don't even want to think how many hours of my work they annihilated in a turn of a hand. :unsure: there's no way i can even think of replacing my pictures in this forum. and i'm not the only one. there are certainly thousands of other people who have made more important things than this with their pictures. now all is gone. :faint:

if you want to read more about this event you can go and visit the Bucket's Facebook pages. there are hundreds of angry people's comments about this trick they made.
https://fi-fi.facebook.com/photobucket/

mogga

Post by mogga » August 27th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Oh, I see, thank you ame for your reply!
A difficult situation for numberless people and web pages.
So now thousands of people will avoid Bucket and change over to free providers. If that was a good decision they took...? :shock:

spatz

Post by spatz » November 19th, 2017, 1:55 pm

:hi:
please do not forget the settings for flash player. THANK YOU

laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras » December 22nd, 2017, 11:31 pm

:help: can anyone help please?
i can't get kulgur webcam to open - but everything else works. I can open the roe deer cam through the looduskalender page and the white tailed eagles cam on you tube, I can post things but - when i open the kulgur cam this is the image that happens (it stays like this):

i have installed flash player - it made no difference
Also - no-one else on the page seems to have this problem (I asked - but admittedly, there're not many people watching/posting on the page, so it might be looduskalender end....)

Can anyone advise?

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris » December 23rd, 2017, 10:14 am

If you watch within your browser, you may want to try out this address: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kulgur.html
The other one you use opens without problems here too, but maybe you have changed settings which prevent the opening? Without knowing what browser and settings you use, it is difficult to say. Maybe you have a look into your browser settings and clear your cache?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection

Marfo

Post by Marfo » December 23rd, 2017, 10:50 am

I see you use Firefox. There was a major update recently. Maybe that caused it? Maybe you could try another browser to see where the problem lies.

laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras » December 23rd, 2017, 11:03 am

Thank you Felis silvestre and Marfo

the problem is solved by using this other link - thanks felis
and Marfo yes, re mozilla update - i also got a delayed windows update at the same time - the double wammy :mrgreen:

:2thumbsup:

Marfo

Post by Marfo » December 23rd, 2017, 11:41 am

Glad it is solved!
I know what you mean, I just spent days solving several issues after an osx update... :faint:
Time I would rather have spent on more pleasant things :nod:

Return to “Questions and Help”