Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Links to other wildlife cameras around the world.
asteria

Re: Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Post by asteria »

Wildlife in the Forest - Live Camera with sound || fox, badger, marten, deer and birds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZILMyW88o
asteria

Post by asteria »

Great Tit nestbox: ZŠ Bezručova Hradec Králové – živé vysílání https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-l4SJLJq50
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

The film for World Bird Migration Day: ALBATROSS. A masterpiece by Chris Jordan.
The MIDWAY media project is a powerful visual journey into the heart of an astonishingly symbolic environmental tragedy. On one of the remotest islands on our planet, tens of thousands of baby albatrosses lie dead on the ground, their bodies filled with plastic from the Pacific Garbage Patch.

Chris Jordan - Director/Producer
Stephanie Levy - Producer
Terry Tempest Williams - Writer
Jan Vozenilek - Director of photography
Rob Mathes - Composer
Jim Hurst - Location sound
Joseph Schweers - Camera
Manuel Maqueda - Advisor

Plastic garbage in the Albatross colony
asteria

Post by asteria »

Blue tit camera from Trutnov(Treperenda&Tulda). 10 eggs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXXspp_YZM
Askja

Post by Askja »

Common Eider nests on Bengtskär Skerry (Finland)

I would like to warmly recommend this webcam watching wild eider ducks breeding. It is located on Bengtskär, one of the very small skerries off the southern shore of Finland in the Baltic Sea. The skerry has a rich history. There is a lighthouse and a handful of small outhouses, between which the ducks can find (and seem to appreciate) a nesting place somewhat sheltered from storms and high waters and protected from predators (see link local info).

YouTube webcam link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qveHjJKc1LQ
Local info (halfway down the page): https://www.bengtskar.fi/en/services-at ... derations/
Common eider on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_eider
The webcam has no time stamps. The good thing is that it has night IR light.

Skerry Bengtskär is just a granite rock in the sea (screenshot from a documentary video).

A few nights ago a new duck came along trying out the free places to find a nest for herself. Having opted for the second place from left, she started collecting some material for nest padding - including plucking feathers from her neighbour's tail and wing! :whistling: The neighbour was cool about it.

2021-05-18
“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” (G. Kowalski) Caveat: Apart from this remarkable sentence I do not agree with his philosophies.
Askja

Post by Askja »

Shortly later I could watch the incredible labour an eider duck had to go through laying her first egg. It took several long minutes; her legs braced against the insides of the nes bowl. In between she had to pause, lying exhausted flat-down on the rim of her nest. The tip of the egg had been visible almost from the beginning, it just wouldn't come out. Afterwards she remained in that position for quite a while.

2021-05-18

She left later that day and, unfortunately, did not come back for laying more eggs. I hope she was okay.

But I do look forward to hatching time!
Image from the Bengtskär website: "To defend the ducklings against predators, the females gather them together in a 'kindergarten'":
“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” (G. Kowalski) Caveat: Apart from this remarkable sentence I do not agree with his philosophies.
SilverGirl

Post by SilverGirl »

Hello Askja :hi:

Thank you for so detailed story about this very interesing place, lovely ducks and this one mama the duck. I've read the linked local info and some more there, thank you :wave: On maps I see it's located not far from Seili, where I watch ospreys.
When in the night I watched your ducks, all the 'rooms' were occupied, also this one, hers. May be she will have more eggs on coming few days ...

It's funny view this kindergarten, clever mums :2thumbsup:

Edit: May 21, ~10 a.m. Bengtskär's time I saw at least 5 eggs when mama stood up for a moment to change position and to roll them :D
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Golden Eagle cam with chick in Romania :loveshower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYF3h-ChyCk

Unfortunately, the little one pooped on the camera lens :mrgreen:

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

:hi:
Liz01! Beautiful webcam! And nice that we are able to watch golden eagle family raising a chick. :loveshower:

P.S. It is Romania.
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
SilverGirl

Post by SilverGirl »

Hello Liz01 :wave:

Thank you for the info + link :thumbs:
The nest is beautiful and seems nicely placed, in Romanian Bukovina (Bucovina), historical region in the north of the country, mounteinous (the South Carpathians) and the most afforested in Romania, full of prey to hunt.

The little white ball is cute and very talkative all the time,
apart from when it sleeps :wink:
Really, lens are a bit dirty, but mayby rains help it :puzzled:

In the evening a mod wrote on the chat that IR is not active to save energy.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

lianaliesma wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 1:58 amP.S. It is Romania.
:blush:

thank you and Silvergirl :2thumbsup:

yes, it's Romania :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

The camera on the golden eagle nest was installed after the chick hatched. Since then the male has not been seen at the nest.
2 days ago the chick pooped against the camera. He wanted to go and clean the camera lens. I asked him to not to do it.This is one of those wildlife photographers who without regard are towards the animal :rant: I'm sorry I put the link here.
I will not make any videos of this camera or any more pictures.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Very tragic end of the blue tit nesting in Trutnov: all the 11 healthy and almost fledged chicks suddenly died within two days for some unknown reason and the cam has been turned off. Last year at least one of the six chicks survived. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
asteria

Post by asteria »

The cam is back, there is fresh hay in the nest box.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

update Royal Albatross

the camera link is broken due do the weather. Cyclone category 1 winds

Shary Broni, DOC Ranger wrote: There was hail and snow with 60 knot winds last night. This is the most severe winter blast that we have had for a few years.

There is a power outage for the entire lower Otago Peninsula area. Some roads are closed in the district, mainly inland.

there was snow on the peninsula hills this morning.

I hope Tiaki and all the other chicks are OK :bow:

The polar blast last night from windy.com
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

June 30

Info by Sharin Brony
All the chicks are fine. Weighing has occurred this morning. We are having some issues getting the cam online a suspected lightening strike has knocked out some of Port Otago's equipment and this may be the situation for the cam also.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Liz01 wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 6:05 pm Golden Eagle cam with chick in Romania :loveshower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYF3h-ChyCk

Unfortunately, the little one pooped on the camera lens :mrgreen:

July 5th

Let's leave out the circumstances under which this camera was installed and let's look forward to the development in this nest. :innocent:

"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

July 23

10:36 AM Tiaki being banded. Her Ring no 60
asteria

Post by asteria »

Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

:hi:
I watch since few weeks this alpine swift cam. It is in Switzerland.
There were three chicks, two are fledged three days before. Only the youngest is still there with the friendly parents. It's a pleasure for me to observe them. I love this species very much. A life in the air!

I think it was a late brood, normal they start with migration til the first days of August.

http://stream2.breitband.ch:8080/alpensegler/

The parents cuddle and sleep with their "baby". :rolleyes:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature

Return to “Camera Links”