Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam

Tawny Owls and all the others
Fleur

Re: Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam

Post by Fleur »

Bosuil wrote: Another beautiful audio clip (w/images, but no owls to be seen) has been posted from this place in the Netherlands with a conversation between male and female Tawny Owl:

Let's hope we get news from Klaara and Klaus' nest soon!
Thank you Bosuil, beautiful
( pia ) :laugh:
Sovenki

Post by Sovenki »

Hello my friends! What news?
Maria/
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

What news?

Sad news :cry:

Kvahtra e-mailed to Urmas, who says there will be no owl nest cam this year. There are too many difficulties involved.
One difficulty is the poor quality of the internet connection in that area.
Another difficulty is that, if attention to the equipment is needed, then Aivar Veide has to travel 100 Km to attend to it.

Another comment Urmas made in his e-mail is that this looks like being a sad year all round. Linda and Sulev are not nesting, as they would be by now, if they intended to breed this year..
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

that is really bad news from the Owl cam.
But if there are any problems, should it be so.
Pity. :blush:

I thank the people to try it anyway :thumbs:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Jo UK wrote:What news?

Kvahtra e-mailed to Urmas, who says there will be no owl nest cam this year. There are too many difficulties involved.
Another difficulty is that, if attention to the equipment is needed, then Aivar Veide has to travel 100 Km to attend to it.

Another comment Urmas made in his e-mail is that this looks like being a sad year all round. Linda and Sulev are not nesting, as they would be by now, if they intended to breed this year..
So, no Klaara, no WTE nesting, no BS cams(even in Portugal), only maybe three LSE couples this year? Tough year indeed.

CORRECTION
It was not Urmas who made the comment about Linda and Sulev. He wrote only about the owl camera.

The comment about Linda and Sulev was a private comment from kvahtra.

So sorry to mislead everyone.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Sovenki

Post by Sovenki »

It is a pity! :cry: How it is possible to help?
Jo UK wrote:poor quality of the internet connection in that area.
It seems to me, it can be solved
Jo UK wrote:Aivar Veide has to travel 100 Km to attend to it.
it's difficulty? :puzzled:
Jo UK wrote:this looks like being a sad year all round
How it can be defined precisely? He thinks, what Clara and Klaus will not nest in this year?
And what is the latest time to install camera?
Maria/
Sovenki

Post by Sovenki »

My husband and I want to start a similar project in Russia. We have the equipment, house for owls, but we need to connect the electricity.
Opportunity to consult on technical issues with the organizers of the project?
Maria/
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Sovenki - Maria, check your PM. I sent you a message. :hi:
Sovenki

Post by Sovenki »

renno wrote:Hello everybody! :hi:
Well done for catching us :rolleyes: We installed together with Aivar the camera about a week ago. Now the cam sends only pictures after every 30 seconds just to see what is happening there. When Klaus or Klara arrives then we install also the equipment for better internet connection to see the "moving picture". Installing the antennas is time-consuming, difficult and also costly so we want to see the owls first.. We can make this later impovement without disturbing the owls. There is new cam in the hole which needs much better internet connection with separate antennas. The cam have two modes - during the day it shows picture using daylight (color picture) but in the night using infrared light (therefore black and white picture).

Hopefully Klaus and Klara will survive the hard winter (avarage temperature is -10c and 50cm snow is common). Winter has been hard for them and owls tend to not to breed after difficult winters - to improve their own condition during the summer. Also this year vole abundance is small due to the vole-cycle minimum years in 2009 and 2010. The 2011 will be 3-year vole-cycle maximum and owls will breed more. If Klaus and Klara do not breed this year then we will wait them for the next year.. But still, hopefully they are well also now and we will see them soon! Lets keep our eyes open :rolleyes:
:puzzled:
Maria/
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Oh I am very sad -- Klaara and Klaus are my favourites.
oliv

Post by oliv »

Oh no, I have been waiting for them all the winter long. My favourites too.
Pearl

Post by Pearl »

Hi!
At last, I'm back again and very happy to see you all before owl season starts! :headroll:
So, what's new - at yesterday's night on our latvian webcam was seen owl for the first time this year. It happened about 1 PM o'clock. I am very happy, and so camera is put already online. Here is the link http://owl-lv.appspot.com/ . Hoping the owl will choose our owl-house again this year. :faint:
waiting for Klaara&Klaus. :bounce:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I am so sorry we will miss seeing the tawny owls this year. this was the first cam I watched regularly last spring when the four little owlets were hatched. It was while watching Klara's & Klaus' family that I became brave enough to sign up as a member of Looduskalender forums. So I am sad the cam will not be available to us this season. But I know the owls are good parents & will raise a family whether we watch or not. Good fortune, Klara & Klaus! :wave:
Kitty KCMO
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Pearl wrote:Hi!
At last, I'm back again and very happy to see you all before owl season starts! :headroll:
So, what's new - at yesterday's night on our latvian webcam was seen owl for the first time this year. It happened about 1 PM o'clock. I am very happy, and so camera is put already online. Here is the link http://owl-lv.appspot.com/ . Hoping the owl will choose our owl-house again this year. :faint:
waiting for Klaara&Klaus. :bounce:
Thanks Pearl :loveshower:
Sovenki

Post by Sovenki »

Finally ready houses for owls! I hope owls will love these houses. Houses were made for special drawings for the Tawny owl. I know it was too late for this year. but we will hang them in the woods anyway. So maybe next year we will have another camera in the owls house :loveshower:

Maria/
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

Congratulations! I think it is a great idea. I hope it works out and wouldn't be dangerous in Russia...
Tawny Granny

Post by Tawny Granny »

Hi, Everybody in a the new season. What's up? Is it sure that our tawny owl camera will not operate this year? Why?! I'm copllapsed. :cry:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

So sad news, Tawny Granny. Here is why:
Jo UK wrote:What news?

But as to Linda & Sulev, they have appeared at their nest & have been working on it. It seems the weather is disturbing them, though.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

hello owl lovers! :hi:
i came to have a look what's up here now that the toidumaja camera is quitting. i guessed that it's time for the Owl cam to start... but now it seems a bit uncertain..? :puzzled:
what's the latest news: will there be an Owl cam? or is it certain that there will be no owl cam?
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

ame wrote:hello owl lovers! :hi:
i came to have a look what's up here now that the toidumaja camera is quitting. i guessed that it's time for the Owl cam to start... but now it seems a bit uncertain..? :puzzled:
what's the latest news: will there be an Owl cam? or is it certain that there will be no owl cam?

ame no owl cam. :cry: ( see Jo's post 13th march above)
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

Return to “Estonian Owl Webcam Forum”