Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Retari

Re: Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Post by Retari »

Anne7 wrote: August 16th, 2018, 5:16 pm Retari, the book is coming your way! :headroll:
Enjoy!

Thanks for donating!
Thanks to the digital book, I read the first 20 pages and the book is great! I hope you will do the eagle book next year too, thousands of thanks!I continue to read the book before going to bed! :offtobed:
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Retari wrote: August 16th, 2018, 5:47 pm Thanks to the digital book, I read the first 20 pages and the book is great! I hope you will do the eagle book next year too, thousands of thanks!I continue to read the book before going to bed! :offtobed:
I'm so glad that you like our book, Retari! :headroll:

An eagle book next year? Hmm, that's a huge challenge!
Jo UK, Orinpix (Kaori) and I have been rather busy with this Karl-book, last winter.
It was a lot of work, but also fun to do! :laugh:

:wave:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Retari, thank you for your kind words about the book.
But - another one! Oh, Heaven help us! Nothing is impossible, I suppose.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

To all who have made donations to Kotkalkubi, either direct or via the Leetchi fund-raising page,(https://www.leetchi.com/c/support-these-wonderful-birds) I want to say a huge THANK YOU.
We didn't know what to expect from this round of fund raising, especially as it came so soon after the plea for help with the cost of three transmitters. At the moment, the fund stands at 3,856 euro.
Looduskalender Forum should be very proud of this achievement. It is a generous amount which we can give to Kotkaklubi for their own identified needs.

The Leetchi Money Pot will close on Tuesday September 4th. Leetci will retain 2.9% administration costs.
It takes a few days to go through the formalities of compliance with their identification process, and as soon as I know that Kotkalubi has received the funds I will post the news.

Hmm - celebration - which leads to thoughts of this forums' tenth birthday, soon. Probably in September, or maybe in October.
How shall we celebrate?
pirkkokn

Post by pirkkokn »

Happy to donate and waiting for my digital book :innocent: :loveshower:
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. (Lao Tsu)
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

pirkkokn wrote: August 17th, 2018, 5:42 pm Happy to donate and waiting for my digital book :innocent: :loveshower:
Thanks a lot, pirkkokn!
:thumbs:

The book is on it's way!
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
pirkkokn

Post by pirkkokn »

I am :D
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. (Lao Tsu)
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Transmission still not restored...
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Anne7 wrote: August 16th, 2018, 5:16 pm Retari, the book is coming your way! :headroll:
Enjoy!

Thanks for donating!
Anne7 :hi:

Just interested, something I don't understand: what are Storks doing in an Eagle club? :unsure:
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Marfo wrote: August 20th, 2018, 10:19 am Anne7 :hi:

Just interested, something I don't understand: what are Storks doing in an Eagle club? :unsure:
Hello Marfo! :hi:

These posts are related to the fundraising to help Kotkaklubi.
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 75#p611375

As you surely know, the Eagle Club (Kotkaklubi) also takes care of the Black Storks in Estonia.
And Looduskalender has an Estonian Black Storks topic. :D
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... ?f=2&t=924

— Irene Pepperberg
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Anne7 wrote: August 20th, 2018, 12:10 pm Hello Marfo! :hi:
As you surely know, the Eagle Club (Kotkaklubi) also takes care of the Black Storks in Estonia.
No, I didn't. I don't follow the Storks. But I should have googled it first I guess...
Thanks for the info anyway :wave:
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hi
I have enjoyed this forum and beginning of life of lovely Sulvi, and Suvi and Sulev as well. I also enjoyed the digital book about Karl, the black stork and his first flight to the south :book: . Now we have possibility to follow Karls imigration with his chickens, Karula,Maru and Päike on line (website at Black stork forum). What an exciting time we shall have before they get to Sudan! Many thanks to wonderful team for your great work and looking forward to welcome Karl and Kati and the whole family back next spring. I just wonder why they do not fly together ...
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Greetings all :hi:

I keep checking the camera every day, but the situation has not changed.
I want to thank Looduskalender, Kotkaklubi and everyone, who makes it possible for us to be a part of lives of these beautiful souls.
This season was my first season ever to watch the nest cameras, I was glued to follow our eagles from day one and it was an amazing experience. Thanks everyone in this forum for every post, picture, video and witty comments - I had the best time and I truly feel like we are one family, all sharing the same passion.
And last but not least...
Sulev - thank you for taking care of your adorable family, you are great dad and awesome fisherman.
Suvi - thank you for being caring and loving mother.
Dear sweetest Sulvi - i will never forget you. You are my favorite eagle and you will always have that special place in my heart. May you have a wonderful long life, always enough food and safe place to sleep.

We love you and we miss you!
sova

Post by sova »

Dear Crissy
Yes, this eagle family will always be something special for you (if you feel like me).
My first Eagle pair was in 2015 (Durbe and Robert with Princess Durberta).
Because Durbe disappeared so unexpectedly, I still hoped that I might see her. Well .... unfortunately no. :unsure:

Anna and Uku were also a great couple.

But Suvi and Sulev already have a big place in my heart. :rolleyes:
Hope we see you again next season (but I'm not sure).
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Dear Sova :wave:
sova wrote: August 20th, 2018, 6:10 pm ...
Hope we see you again next season (but I'm not sure).
Was that pointed at me or our eagle couple? :laugh:
I really do hope Sulev and Suvi will come back for the next season, they make a great couple - dignified Sulev and moody Suvi.
I actually looked up this Latvian eagle couple and their eaglet Durberta on YouTube - such a lovely eagle, she must be very dear to you even nowdays :nod: i hope she is conquering the skies and doing well somewhere safe
sova

Post by sova »

Crissy wrote: August 20th, 2018, 8:37 pm
Was that pointed at me or our eagle couple? :laugh:
Crissy
yes, yes .... GT, impossible. :slap:
I certainly did not mean you. :D
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Helle wrote: August 20th, 2018, 3:44 pm Hi
I have enjoyed this forum and beginning of life of lovely Sulvi, and Suvi and Sulev as well. I also enjoyed the digital book about Karl, the black stork and his first flight to the south :book: . Now we have possibility to follow Karls imigration with his chickens, Karula,Maru and Päike on line (website at Black stork forum). What an exciting time we shall have before they get to Sudan! Many thanks to wonderful team for your great work and looking forward to welcome Karl and Kati and the whole family back next spring. I just wonder why they do not fly together ...
Helle :wave:
Welcome at the forum! :2thumbsup:
I'm very glad that you enjoyed our book!

We are very excited to follow Karl and his 3 storklets on their migration.

https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 49#p609249
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en

Why do they not fly togheter? I wish I new. It is a very long and difficult journey.
— Irene Pepperberg
sova

Post by sova »

23.Aug.
Good Morning :hi:

Unfortunately, our camera still does not work. I think * our family * we do not see anymore. Pity....

Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Yes, its kind of sad really, maybe there had been a slim chance to see them again...
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Urmas wrote: August 12th, 2018, 9:02 am Think it is not so much hopeless!
We will visit nest site later in Sept-Oct, but probably transmission will be restored in few days - in busy season we forgot to pay for internet transmission of July... By now it is paid, but restoring of service may take couple of days by internet provider. I'm sorry for this mistake!
Hello Urmas! I have noticed that some Looduskalender webcams have restored their connection recently, WTE stream is still offline. I would be grateful if someone could provide us with the information on the present situation. Thanks for any help You can offer.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”