Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Post by ame »

at 11.03 Pruuni began to call loudly... then i heard Halli say brrr - brrr very near the nest and then he flew away. Pruuni kept calling for a long time and she hadn't moved a bit in the nest. i didn't understand what that was about before i watched the recording: there had been a hooded crow near the nest. it cawed there and then flew away to the back. Pruuni was calling about that. Halli also seems to be near the nest if not in the nest tree itself, looking after Pruuni. we just can't see nor hear him most of the time. -now that he flew away he could bring some breakfast to Pruuni. the golden oriole is singing there now and i don't hear rain anymore.
ame

Post by ame »

Pruuni is still in the nest and she seems to have been there all the time. she has called kaa- kaa- kaa every now and then but i think that's all. it has not rained after 11 i think but the forest looks wet. Pruuni is sleepy. :sleeping:
ame

Post by ame »

it has been raining since at least 5 pm again at a steady pace and Pruuni is lying motionless in the nest. she's been there all day except the short outing she made in the early morning. i haven't seen any food deliveries either. i'd think that Halli hasn't been there at all all day if i hadn't heard and seen him at 11.03. it seems that in rainy weather buzzards aren't good for much anything, just like WTEs weren't. but even on the bad days Sulev came to release Linda at least once a day.
now it seems that Halli hasn't even brought any food for Pruuni all day. :shock: :faint:

besides i'm having problems with the bucket: when i try to upload pictures it fianlly says "Error occurred" and no pictures are uploaded! :banghead:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

The nest is wet,wet.. and its still tipping down. :slap: Misére.

ame,is it your turn to have trouble with photobucket ? ..after Mutikluti and b.h.p. too. say :help:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
ame

Post by ame »

macdoum :hi: today i've had problems like i wrote above. or actually earlier, too, but that's been when i've been uploading older Pontu-pictures there in batches of about a 1000 pictures at a time. and not only that but at the same time i've been downloading that day's Pontu pictures to my PC. and uploading older P-pictures to Mejuba and uploading about 20 videos to Y-tube! all that in the night-time when there's no web-camera picture from the buzzard nest! :D
i'm not very surprised if some of those tasks gets mixed up. actually P-bucket has performed worse than Mejuba. it fails to upload part of the pictures quite often while there are much less problems with Mejuba.

the error message from the bucket this time is new: "Error occurred". earlier there has been none. i don't know which is worse though.

after 19.24 the camera has been disconnected. it re-connected at 19.30 at the usual time but after that it dis- and reconnected acouple of times... now it seems to have gone altogether. :slap: "too many retires" it says, "giving up". it could have something to do with the "humidity" today. :whistling:
ame

Post by ame »

Pruuni was lying in the nest immobile in the evening when it was raining continuously. only rarely did she get up for to shake water off her feathers and turn the egg.

just some minutes later a pair of cranes were calling near the nest. after a short while another pair replied (or the echo replied; i'm not sure). there's a pair of cranes nesting near the WTE nest tree. their voices can be heard from very near every now and then.

if i didn't remember how boldly buzzards were eating in pouring rain at Lake Nova last winter i'd be worried about Pruuni... but buzzards aren't made of sugar!

Edit: it took me some time before i found what i was looking for: some wet buzzards here:
viewtopic.php?p=122911#p122911
... and after the lunch:
viewtopic.php?p=122914#p122914 :mrgreen:
Fireblade :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

the cam has been on again but there's nothing new to see or hear: it's still raining steadily and Pruuni is still lying down motionless...
at 21.27:

at 22.03:
(edit: in the next morning The Bucket uploads pictures normally again, the same ones it refused yesterday. :puzzled: )

today's playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7040EE39F404F973

i guess it'll stay that way for the rest of the evening so good night! :wave:

ps: the timelapse video playlist of the daily Pontu pictures in May is here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2E4280FC5C500783
i'll be adding videos there as time goes by....
ame

Post by ame »

May 18th
good morning! :hi:

there was an early change of incubation turns in the morning at 5.52.
(i was woken up early and often to do various acts of services to Their Feline Highnesses The Cats and also put the tape rolling....)
Pruuni began calling loud and rose up on the side of the nest...

Imagepicasion

Halli came in walking on the right branch. he had no food for Pruuni who went on calling (disappointedly :whistling: ).

Imagepicasion
ame

Post by ame »

then Halli jumped into the nest.
Imagepicasion

...and Pruuni took off. she was calling all the time.
Imagepicasion

ame

Post by ame »

now it's Halli in the nest incubating. he has slept in the same position for long times...

sometimes he has gotten up to turn the egg.

the weather isn't bad at all: the Sun is sometimes breaking through and it's windy so that'll dry the forest.

edit: at 8.59 some buzzard calls from the forest but no-one came. Halli didn't take those calls seriously: he hardly lifted his head.
ame

Post by ame »

at 10.24 Pruuni flew in quietly.

Halli got up and they spoke a few words in buzzard language.

Pruuni lay down

and then Halli took off.

then Pruuni had to look for a proper position on the egg for a while. nothing seemed to please her. :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

it's amazing how long legs they have when they really strech them!
ame

Post by ame »

it's windy and the lighting is changing rapidly as clouds pass the sun.

ame

Post by ame »

Halli brought some huge prey to Pruuni at 11.49! :loveshower:
here it can be clearly seen that Halli carries the prey in his claw when he flies in.

Pruuni took off with it as usual.

ame

Post by ame »

i can't understand what the prey could be..? :puzzled:
it seemed to have a face with a dark robber-mask and a light beak...

... and a wing...

... and it terrifies me to imagine what bird's chicks could be this big at this time of the year... :shock:
ame

Post by ame »

Pruuni returned at 12.16.

they talked a little ... (or mostly Pruuni talked and Halli listened. :mrgreen: he said a few brrr's though.)

and then Halli took off.
ame

Post by ame »

Halli returned with a twig and for a little chat at 12.19. and he left quite soon.
ame

Post by ame »

just as i was wondering whether it is too late for one more food delivery Halli flew in with some prey! :D
this was something big, too, but this time it was black. maybe it was a water vole.

Pruuni took it out of the nest and to the forest. Image

she called there for some time while Halli settled down on the egg.

all afternoon after the previous change Pruuni was staying in the nest. she was rather perky: looking around at the forest and doing some homework and preening etc.
ame

Post by ame »

at 19.39 Pruuni landed on the nest. she and Halli talked a little: she beeps like a little bird and Halli "gnorts" quietly brrr - brrr - brrr (like a frog or a woodcock). then Halli got up and jumped on to the back branch. they talked a little more and then Halli took off.

edit at 19.54: it seems that Pruuni began to sleep right away... :sleeping: :sleeping:
ame

Post by ame »

like yesterday Pruuni has been lying motionless in the nest for about 2 hours with her head tucked under the wing. this time i think she's truly resting and sleeping. yesterday it was more like enduring the foul weather.
today's playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE54946662FF85003
:wave:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”