Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Radek

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Post by Radek »

Malla wrote:Why parent do this? Why "teasing"? Why doesn't feed or atleast give fish to Taibu? :o I'm worried about Taibu <3
Because it's the one of the ways of encouraging eaglets to first fly. As said before, Taibu was eating well. Look at the post above yours.
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

EveningSun wrote:So Taibu hasn't been fed for 3 days already? ...
She has not been totally without food for 3 days, but it is true that she has not received much food.

It is good to notice also that we never see the ”nest” for about 5 hours during the darkest hours of the nights. Estonia is quite high in the north and in this time of the year the nights are not completely dark. Even though the video camera cannot capture the light of the summer nights, a human being or a bird can go around safely during all the night. Except if the sky is covered with dark clouds. Therefore it is quite possible, that Taibu has got food some mornings before 4 o’clock, when the video normally starts.
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

5:01:20 Parent flies from left to the bushes on right centre
5:02 Parent flies from lower right corner to the bushes
Eaglets are screaming
Was is the same parent or both of them?
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Good morning :hi:

According to the weather data it has been quite rainy in the nest tree area since evening. The probability of rain will also continue to be high till about 11-12 o’clock and again in the evening. However, Taibu (who most probably is on the parents’ branch) does not seem to be very wet. One of the good things is also, that the wind is not strong and also will not get strong today.

Taibu seems to be a bit more impatient today than yesterday morning, so we can assume that she has not got food during the morning...
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

good moning :hi:

Taibu is still on her balcony.

as some wrote, the digestion is still working :thumbs:
There is no reason to worry.
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!
Taibu is alone at home, sitting quietly on the parents' branch. ... and she is preening.

now i have to say that i have quite fallen off the track..? :puzzled:
when did this incident happen? there are no time stamps on the pictures and the videos are some other, older clips with small chicks. when has an intruder been here? :puzzled:
i'll leave the above pictures here...
bargy wrote:Yes I think, and on "What happened?" video from Mutikluti it's clear the bird doesn't fly under the tree but he fell down, so it's a young one knowing barely flying.
+ Anna is no crying like here, as some eagle was near the nest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFW7Sg1DT4
or when lot of crows flies around the nest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE0P5GVBbm4

I'm not a expert with these sound but it was very strange, just my though...
On 01 Jul 2016, 22:45dunbar wrote:Image
The picture to the left i Rahu, the one to the right is the "intruder", the bird that "fell down".
The intruder has no rings, at least I can't see them.
You can also have a look at Rahus first official flight (at least I think it was), with the legs drooped, it was not like the bird that "fell down".
viewtopic.php?p=483762#p483762

about the age record of wild WTEs: viewtopic.php?p=195776#p195776

btw: the discussion about Taibu eating or not begins to sound very much like it was when she was just a tiny chick, trying to reach the feeding line behind her brothers' backs. people were then worried will she get enough food. she survived well. i think that she will be ok this time, too.

after she has flown and begins her independent life then will be the difficult times. she will have to learn to hunt herself. that will be the most critical time in every predator's life.
tuomokoo

Post by tuomokoo »

ame wrote:good morning!

btw: the discussion about Taibu eating or not begins to sound very much like it was when she was just a tiny chick, trying to reach the feeding line behind her brothers' backs. people were then worried will she get enough food. she survived well. i think that she will be ok this time, too.
Good morning!
Here is a photo from exactly 70 days ago when chicks were very tiny.
The smallest chick is Taibu who most of the time was forced to stay behind her brothers' backs.
Obviously she got enough to eat anyway :whistling:

ame

Post by ame »

Tuomokoo, that was exactly the picture that i had in my mind! :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

On July 3rd, 2016, 9:27 Konrad wrote:I haven’t noticed this before: if you don’t open the WTE video with the normal address but go instead to Youtube and make a search with the word ”merikotkas”, you will see the amount of watchers to the right of the video picture.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=merikotkas

That number is mostly not correct, because it is not updated very often, but when you open the stream, you will see the watcher amount, which is updated all the time. Even at this moment, 9:23 on Sunday morning, 465 persons are watching Taibu (or actually 465 browsers are downloading the stream). :D Quite a large amount, when we think that the morning is at even earlier stage in many European countries...
i think that this Konrad's remark can be quoted here, too. he has written it on the Donation's thread.
(this is the difficulty with two topics on one camera: where to post and what is the best place.)
Taube

Post by Taube »

good morning :hi:

wonderful Picture, Thank you very much :loveshower:
Taube

Post by Taube »

you only hear Taibu cry alone and a cuckoo :shock:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

09:53 IMPORTANT MSG :hi:

Taiba just pooped :thumbs:

Meaning: she ate something !! :rotf:
star-o

Post by star-o »

Good morning :wave:
Taibu has done wing exercises all morning but she is so quiet. I think she is so hungry that she can't jump very strongly. She has not eaten this morning or if she ate, it must be before 6:00. Please Anna, bring her a fish. :help:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

EveningSun wrote:So Taibu hasn't been fed for 3 days already? ...
Konrad wrote: She has not been totally without food for 3 days, but it is true that she has not received much food.
It is good to notice also that we never see the ”nest” for about 5 hours during the darkest hours of the nights. Estonia is quite high in the north and in this time of the year the nights are not completely dark. Even though the video camera cannot capture the light of the summer nights, a human being or a bird can go around safely during all the night. Except if the sky is covered with dark clouds. Therefore it is quite possible, that Taibu has got food some mornings before 4 o’clock, when the video normally starts.
Thanks for giving this info to people who don't know the region :thumbs:
A good example is the Osprey nest with is not in a forest level, and is visible during the nights most of the season :
http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html
Eisblume

Post by Eisblume »

Good Morning :wave:

ok Taibu might have enough food in their belly , but what about drinking with ? where or how she gets water? :puzzled:

I see in my garden the birds from our pond or water cup to drink , but that there is not a bird nest :bounce:

and fish , there are also no longer for days :cry:
ame

Post by ame »

i don't think that eagles actually drink water. they get the necessary water in the food that they eat. after all fish contain about 70 % of water (like all of us).

has anyone heard the boys talking in the forest this morning? or yesterday? i didn't listen at all yesterday...
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote:i don't think that eagles actually drink water. they get the necessary water in the food that they eat. after all fish contain about 70 % of water (like all of us).

has anyone heard the boys talking in the forest this morning? or yesterday? i didn't listen at all yesterday.

the boys were yesterday at the nest tree :laugh: :laugh: EDIT: Taibu has a brother thrown from balcony :rolleyes:
star-o

Post by star-o »

Yes ame. This morning I heard few times Rahus voice and yesterday Tabu got a visitor at least one time. No Idea was it Rahu or Nord.
Ambrosius

Post by Ambrosius »

After showing this film to my family yesterday evening, ever so grateful Tuomo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q02Xuo_IzsE

I found the following movie, on the life of WTE. It gives an overview for their times ahead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iuwjbns1Ls

What will happen to them, who follows them and how? Will they be tracked to where they flie, hundreds of miles? After having followed them for months, watched every tiny detail, ofcourse we feel connected.
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

Eisblume wrote:Good Morning :wave:

ok Taibu might have enough food in their belly , but what about drinking with ? where or how she gets water? :puzzled:

I see in my garden the birds from our pond or water cup to drink , but that there is not a bird nest :bounce:

and fish , there are also no longer for days :cry:
Eaglets dont drink. They can start to drink as soon as they fledge. They get all necessary water from food.

Ame, I ve heard boy s voice at 5 in the forest.

Picture with Taibu behind brothers backs is extra funny and cute.
There is just a bit different situation these days: those 3 fluffy balls needed just couple tiny bites to be fully fed, AND you cant see 5 or 7 fish in the nest (I think it was quite common view into the nest) nowadays

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”