Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

laranjeiras

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2016

Post by laranjeiras »

i can't get to the live cam - not sure if it's just not streaming at the moment or if there's a different link for the nest? If possible could I respectfully ask that the working link to this nest be put on the first page? thanks :thumbs:

ps. i voted again from work place computer, yay! :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

Gew Gaw :laugh:

laranjeiras, my camera had frozen in the afternoon at 14:33. the battery is probably low of charge in cloudy days. probably it is also so aged that it can't recharge properly and so the camera stops working.

i'll add the camera link in the front page.
Sue

Post by Sue »

Hi everybody, I have voted (and also my relatives too) - but only 8 % now :headroll:

:2thumbsup: :wave:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

Sue wrote:Hi everybody, I have voted (and also my relatives too) - but only 8 % now :headroll:

:2thumbsup: :wave:
No, still 15%, the project " The protection of forests and Flying Squirrel" has 8% :nod:
laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

:hi: ame Thanks! I will try it tomorrow over the day - I hope it comes on :wave:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Trine :hi:
When I try to vote with my iPhone I get the following page:
http://m.maaleht.delfi.ee/article.php?id=76542382
Could you explain what this means and what I must do to get through to the right page?
Is it the add blocker maybe?

8% now
Maybe a good idea to put this info also on the latvian WTE forum?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

There are still 15% :thumbs: Hellem :hi: has already written it!
Today I will ask my colleagues, if they vote for this project :laugh:
berns

Post by berns »

I voted, very happy, I heard the voice of the eagles. Thought it was ours. Me. it seems that they are somewhere nearby
ame

Post by ame »

Dec 16

Berns, welcome! :gathering:
and thanks for voting. :laugh:
hearing their voices makes also me think that they probably are somewhere in the territory, but they have chosen some other tree for the nest. this tree with the camera will remain empty now.

Marfo, the people in DD already know about the vote. Lianaliesma and Vērotāja have even made instructions of how to vote for those Latvians who don't understand Estonian. the pictures by Lianaliesma help others, too.
Iidukka has made an announcement about the vote in the Finnish Osprey's nest forum. many thanks to all of them. :2thumbsup:
viewtopic.php?p=504332#p504332
Trine

Post by Trine »

Marfo wrote:Trine :hi:
When I try to vote with my iPhone I get the following page:
http://m.maaleht.delfi.ee/article.php?id=76542382
Could you explain what this means and what I must do to get through to the right page?
Is it the add blocker maybe?
8% now
Maybe a good idea to put this info also on the latvian WTE forum?
Marfo :hi: Haven´t seen you around for ages...
When I open the link, I see a movie advertisement (In the Claws of Evil :mrgreen: ). But when I scroll down, I get straight to the voting, and it works. I don´t know if you get the same.

As others have already said, the right percentage is under the paragraph, so Pesakaamerad (Nest Cams) have 15.

Edit: Ok, second time I got a different advertisement, concert Grande Amore, but the voting is still there :laugh:
Trine

Post by Trine »

I´d like to add that the public vote is important, but not decisive. The vote will select 10 best projects, and then the Ministry of the Environment will choose the winner. Triin also explained this earlier.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Trine wrote:I´d like to add that the public vote is important, but not decisive. The vote will select 10 best projects, and then the Ministry of the Environment will choose the winner. Triin also explained this earlier.
Trine, thank you! it's good. So the eagle club has a good chance. I hope it :bow: :2thumbsup:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Trine wrote: When I open the link, I see a movie advertisement (In the Claws of Evil :mrgreen: ). But when I scroll down, I get straight to the voting, and it works. I don´t know if you get the same.
I see this on my iPhone:

Still didn't find the time to learn Estonian yet..... :slap:
But it's not important, I also voted via the computer and one vote won't make a difference.
Trine

Post by Trine »

Liz01 wrote:So the eagle club has a good chance. I hope it :bow: :2thumbsup:
I think the main strenght of the nest cam project is its truly wide grasp and international effect.

But other projects are strong too, and worth of support and recognition. Btw, there are other ornithologist projects competing - for instance the Bird of the Year (great tit) project and Garden Bird Diary project. Both of them play a part also in Looduskalender.

I also found that the Looduskalender web cams have won the prize in 2008: http://www.keskkonnategu.ee/2008
However, this does not mean they can´t do this again. :D
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Speaking of iPhones:
The iPhone and iPad link on the first page is still the old one. It doesn't work anymore. Could that be changed please?
Thank you :thumbs:
Trine

Post by Trine »

Marfo
Yes, it wants you to disable the ad blocker (because ads are their income, as they so very friendly remind us). If you click the blue area, the blocker is switched off and you can see the article.

EDIT: Sorry, I think you have to go to delfi.ee and switch it off there...
I have no IPhone and I am technologically quite retarded anyway, so please forgive if I create confusion.
ame

Post by ame »

hmhmmm..? Marfo, i have no idea what the iPad or iPhone address might be... :puzzled:
i don't have either of those equipment so i can't even try to look for it. :slap:
altogether i have no experience of iThings.

:help:
ame

Post by ame »

i could not open the camera at all today. probably it has been too dark.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote:................i have no idea what the iPad or iPhone address might be... :puzzled:
i don't have either of those equipment so i can't even try to look for it. :slap:
altogether i have no experience of iThings.

:help:
Ame, maybe it works :puzzled:

http://tv.eenet.ee/hls/merikotkas.m3u8
ame

Post by ame »

thanks Liz! :2thumbsup:
Marfo, does it work? :hi:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”