Names for WTEagles

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Larsa

Re: Names for WTEagles

Post by Larsa »

Sulvi like her father Sulev. He is very good one ;)
Biker

Post by Biker »

Hellem wrote: June 8th, 2018, 7:01 pm Salme - old Estonian name, Linda's sister in the epos "Kalevipoeg"
:hi: Hellem
Salme' s story with her eternal farewell sounds a bit sad/melancholic, right? :unsure:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Casio

Post by Casio »

:wave: Is it ok to suggest one more name? She is Ursula to me. :rolleyes: If not Ursula, then I vote Kaisa. <3
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Mutikluti wrote: June 8th, 2018, 6:54 pm
I suggest to recall the old Estonian names ... in memory of our ancestors.
It's only my suggestion...
Mutikluti, our members don´t have to know Estonian history. Give us the list of the names!
There are not many names which have only Est. origin. Most of them from some other country or modified in some way
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
zwoerdkop

Post by zwoerdkop »

Sisi or Wurmik

Sisi may as well be spelled like Sissi
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Eliise is my vote... :hi:
Pirjo & Bosse

Post by Pirjo & Bosse »

OK, here is our contribution to the name-list:

Pirjo: Sola, because she is the only child (our "working name for her was Solo..")

Bosse: Siri or Siiri old female name found in most countrys in northern Europe
Nature is often cruel and ruthless, but always with a purpose (hard to see sometimes though...).
But no way near the cruelty of humans..!
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

juta wrote: June 9th, 2018, 9:33 am Mutikluti, our members don´t have to know Estonian history. Give us the list of the names!
There are not many names which have only Est. origin. Most of them from some other country or modified in some way
OMG :D
I did two hours hard work in internet and found a lot of interesting names. Of course those names are not useful for our eaglet but maybe it's interesting to see old girl names from our history, some of them are funny... :slap: But some of them are nice names and maybe some of us needs a name for a girl just now or in the near future... :whistling:
Ann, Marie/Maria, Mari, Annette, Leenu, Elvine, Mai, Hilda,Liisu, Alide, Madle, Helene, Anu, Johanna, Kai, Pauline, Krõõt, Vilhelmine, Leena, Miina, Leena, Maali, Rosalie, Triin, Triinu, Agreta, Marie, Lehte, Reweline, Aina, Gelanda, Margarete, Milderine, Wilhelmine, Hermanda, Melanda, Aurelie, Ernestioosa, Elliada, Aide, Edisso, Dagmar, Awita, Aurelie, Walmisa, Erna, Adelette, Weleida, Millidrisse Madlie, Melania, Ilmerisse, Wiktora, Thalia, Fernandras, Helga, Aino, Ruprosine, Wiobaane, Herta, Heleta, Milda, Mehwalde, Heina, Melitta, Hirlanda, Aralda, Irja, Karmiila, Adelheid, Käbi, Laine, Suvi, Hele, Helin, Roosi, Helmi, Säde, Hiie, Hõbe, Iiris, Iris, Ingel, Jasmin, Jasmiin, Tuule, Kirsi, Kirsika, Lagle, Leelo, Linda, Lill, Lilli, Lumi, Pärl, Maimu, Mirt, Murel, Pihla, Piibe, Päike, Pärle, Pärli, Pääsu, Salme, Sine, Sirel, Sireli, Sume, Sära, Tähe, Tähte, Õnne, Virve, Tuuli...
Proud to be a member of SHoW
Biker

Post by Biker »

thanks a lot Mutikluti.
the few beginning with S sound all beautiful.
My favourite is Salme, in "Kalevipoeg" she married a star.

so my my proposition is Salme
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
ame

Post by ame »

Jane-Rom made a suggestion in the observation topic. i copied the post here:
Jane-Rom wrote: June 9th, 2018, 2:25 pm I propose to call girl Meri (Mary), beginning from the word "merikotkas".
ame

Post by ame »

Mutikluti wrote: June 9th, 2018, 12:46 pm OMG :D
I did two hours hard work in internet and found a lot of interesting names. Of course those names are not useful for our eaglet but maybe it's interesting to see old girl names from our history, some of them are funny... :slap: But some of them are nice names and maybe some of us needs a name for a girl just now or in the near future... :whistling:
Ann, Marie/Maria, Mari, Annette, Leenu, Elvine, Mai, Hilda,Liisu, Alide, Madle, Helene, Anu, Johanna, Kai, Pauline, Krõõt, Vilhelmine, Leena, Miina, Leena, Maali, Rosalie, Triin, Triinu, Agreta, Marie, Lehte, Reweline, Aina, Gelanda, Margarete, Milderine, Wilhelmine, Hermanda, Melanda, Aurelie, Ernestioosa, Elliada, Aide, Edisso, Dagmar, Awita, Aurelie, Walmisa, Erna, Adelette, Weleida, Millidrisse Madlie, Melania, Ilmerisse, Wiktora, Thalia, Fernandras, Helga, Aino, Ruprosine, Wiobaane, Herta, Heleta, Milda, Mehwalde, Heina, Melitta, Hirlanda, Aralda, Irja, Karmiila, Adelheid, Käbi, Laine, Suvi, Hele, Helin, Roosi, Helmi, Säde, Hiie, Hõbe, Iiris, Iris, Ingel, Jasmin, Jasmiin, Tuule, Kirsi, Kirsika, Lagle, Leelo, Linda, Lill, Lilli, Lumi, Pärl, Maimu, Mirt, Murel, Pihla, Piibe, Päike, Pärle, Pärli, Pääsu, Salme, Sine, Sirel, Sireli, Sume, Sära, Tähe, Tähte, Õnne, Virve, Tuuli...
wow, what a list! thank you Mutikluti. :thumbs:
we can't put all these in the list of our choices but here are names from which our members can pick their favourite for suggesting a name.
ame

Post by ame »

zwoerdkop wrote: June 9th, 2018, 10:12 am Sisi or Wurmik

Sisi may as well be spelled like Sissi
only one suggestion per member, please.
i'll choose for you Sisi.
i also choose Siri from Bosse's list of two and Ursula of the names that Casio listed.

write a post to change these. :hi:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Thanks Mutiklluti :hi:

Sirli - like Shirley Temple who was a lucky girl and lived a long and interesting life :thumbs:
Timea

Post by Timea »

Hi Ame,

The letter M is in her ring so I like to choose an Estonian girl's name beginning with M: Merili is what I like :-)
Berit Tjernberg

Post by Berit Tjernberg »

I like Senni
Summi

Post by Summi »

I vote for Minna
moonflower

Post by moonflower »

Jutta

The Estonian literary mythology describes the following pantheon: The supreme god, the god of all living is Taara. He is celebrated in sacred oak forests around Tartu. The god of thunder is Uku. Uku's daughters are Linda and Jutta, the queen of the birds. Uku has two sons: Kõu (Thunder) and Pikker (Lightning). Pikker possesses a powerful musical instrument, which makes demons tremble and flee. He has a naughty daughter, Ilmatütar (Weather Maiden).
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

As we spoke when we chose the name for the female, I would find it nice to celebrate Estonian anniversary. Someone could say, that birds fly over country borders, not noting them. But Estonian white tailed eagles mostly come back to their birth area and are as Estonians as the human Estonians.

So, I strongly support giving this eaglet some name, that was used 100 years ago in Estonia.

I found a site with digitized old Estonian newspapers and tried to find suitable names, but Mutikluti helped me with her list. :thumbs:

Or actually did not help. Which one can I choose from that multitude of nice names? Have to consider...
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

What do you Estonians think, which name from Mutikluti’s list would describe a modest, quiet and intelligent girl? And a woman, when she grows up.
100 years ago...
Lita

Post by Lita »

Good morning everyone. :loveshower:

I would love Siri
its like Siri voice on Apple phone .

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”