Names for WTEagles

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

MaryJane

Re: Names for WTEagles

Post by MaryJane »

I think Tuule and Säde are nice names. :)
Trine

Post by Trine »

MaryJane wrote: June 10th, 2018, 11:39 am I think Tuule and Säde are nice names. :)
They are :nod:
But do they describe a quiet and modest girl, as Konrad put it? :mrgreen:
Tuule associates with wind, Säde means a spark.
raija

Post by raija »

I vote for Senni.

Sulvi is a good name, but I think it is too similar to Suvi and Sulev.
ame

Post by ame »

Säde is a nice name but it has the letter ä which most people don't have in their keyboards. isn't better to choose something else?

are there any fighter heroins in the Estonian national poetry or in the history? i think those qualities relate to a female eagle better that quietness and modesty and such other things which are traditionally considered to be suitable for women. :whistling:

this is not the voting yet. we are collecting suggestions for voting.
mojan1

Post by mojan1 »

I vote or Senni
erja

Post by erja »

HENNA is a nice name for thr eaglet :wave:
erja

Post by erja »

Jo UK wrote: May 10th, 2016, 2:55 pm What is the Estonian word for Cloud, please?
I don't know the estonian word but in finnish it's Pilvi and it is really a girls name too.
Biker

Post by Biker »

ame wrote: June 10th, 2018, 1:59 pm Säde is a nice name but it has the letter ä which most people don't have in their keyboards. isn't better to choose something else?

are there any fighter heroins in the Estonian national poetry or in the history? i think those qualities relate to a female eagle better that quietness and modesty and such other things which are traditionally considered to be suitable for women. :whistling:

this is not the voting yet. we are collecting suggestions for voting.
i ever use copy and paste for names, this protects against faults. nothing is more embarrassingly than wrong typed names. (in the case if it happens often). So there would be no problem to sugest/choose Säde.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Trine

Post by Trine »

ame wrote: June 10th, 2018, 1:59 pmare there any fighter heroins in the Estonian national poetry or in the history? i think those qualities relate to a female eagle better that quietness and modesty and such other things which are traditionally considered to be suitable for women. :whistling:
A good question :puzzled:
Google gave me this article: https://www.ohtuleht.ee/665248/100-vage ... -saagimini :innocent:
MaryJane

Post by MaryJane »

Trine wrote: June 10th, 2018, 12:21 pm They are :nod:
But do they describe a quiet and modest girl, as Konrad put it? :mrgreen:
Tuule associates with wind, Säde means a spark.
I do know that, but to me both names describe her very well. Tuule in a way that she will fly like the wind plus wind can also be a lovely, gentle breeze. ;)
Säde because of the fearless spark she showed standing up to the intruder while getting her rings; I also see that name in her eyes every night when the sun begins to set.

All the best!
Biker

Post by Biker »

Trine wrote: June 10th, 2018, 2:45 pm A good question :puzzled:
Google gave me this article: https://www.ohtuleht.ee/665248/100-vage ... -saagimini :innocent:
there is one more name that i like: Signe.
thanks for this link Trine :thumbs:
:puzzled: several suggestions are allowed per member?
if yes, i would add Signe
if not, my suggestion remains Salme, , as i wrote earlier.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Rita

Post by Rita »

Konrad, you are joking, aren't you?
Quote from Konrad: ... would describe a modest, quiet and intelligent girl? And a woman, when she grows up.
:shock:

We are in 21st century - anyway, how old are you? Are you an old man with outdated behaviour patterns for females and gender stereotyping?? :mrgreen:

To survive as an eagle she has to have warrior qualities. With 'modest, quiet and intelligent' she won't get far. :laugh:

Sorry for this off-topic posting, but I couldn't possibly leave this uncommented. :nod:
asteria

Post by asteria »

18.28 Feeding. I think by Sulev, but he is sitting in front of the cam and not on the right.
------------------------------------------------------
posted by accident on this topic. copied to the Observation topic by ame
chicktrick

Post by chicktrick »

Konrad, you are joking, aren't you?
Quote from Konrad: ... would describe a modest, quiet and intelligent girl? And a woman, when she grows up.
:shock:

We are in 21st century - anyway, how old are you? Are you an old man with outdated behaviour patterns for females and gender stereotyping?? :mrgreen:

To survive as an eagle she has to have warrior qualities. With 'modest, quiet and intelligent' she won't get far. :laugh:

Sorry for this off-topic posting, but I couldn't possibly leave this uncommented. :nod:

I think the comment is only describing the eaglet's personality. She is patient and modest in contrast to other eagles I have watched. It is not a comment on gender in general.
Ele

Post by Ele »

In Estonian 100y anniversary an old Estonian name would be really appropriate. so:
Salme (starts with S as her parents and comes from "Kalevipoeg")m but also Selma is a nice name
Irja from the list would be a strong name for an eagle, but similar Irmi is also epic name, although initially it was dog's name :)
Krõõt or Leenu would be a interesting choice, very old names, although sounding a bit funny.
lispet

Post by lispet »

It will be nice to have a name for our girl.
leragas

Post by leragas »

Pilvi also nice :)
LovelyCat

Post by LovelyCat »

I vote SENNI :loveshower:
constant.gardener

Post by constant.gardener »

I saw that someone suggested "Sola" which in my opinion is a nice name. What sort of name is it? Is it a genuine Estonian name? If so, I'd vote for Sola.
My thoughts are: Sola sounds like Solo which means "only". Our girl is the one and only chick in the nest ... despite it looked like there could have been two as well. But, unfortunately, the second egg broke.
Polly

Post by Polly »

I had already suggested Siri for Suvi.
I'll try again - I vote for Siri. :mrgreen: :loveshower:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”