Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Sapsan

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Post by Sapsan »

Hi Ame,
many thanks. I just visited the WTE nest on the Norwegian Island of Smola. Very, very interesting.
regards
Eagles fly solo
Sapsan

Post by Sapsan »

Urmas wrote:During the installing Heron cam in tower we lost signal from WtE nest. Nobody knows why. Most probably near the nest in forest something wrong and to get know we need to visit place. Ame already wrote why we did not make that trip there - several reasons, plus low motivation. There is also problem with road there, what is this time muddy and needs to carry batteries (if there is a problem) in hand 2,5km.
Once I think we go there, but not sure if that helps to get cam view...
Urmas: do you still plan to go there and check the camera and the nest ? Or can we forget watching WTE in Estonia this year ?
Regards
Sapsan
Eagles fly solo
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Sapsan wrote:Urmas: do you still plan to go there and check the camera and the nest ? Or can we forget watching WTE in Estonia this year ?
Regards
Sapsan
I tried to answer to you, Sapsan, but my answer was not allowed. Sorry for that.
ame

Post by ame »

"...my answer was not allowed." :puzzled:
not allowed by whom? how? when? what is this about? :shock:
i haven't seen anything here, let alone removed anything. :dunno:

i get a notice every time that someone posts something here and the has been no posts after Sapsan's last question. i didn't reply then because there is no better answer to Sapsan's question that has already been given.
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

ame wrote:"...my answer was not allowed." :puzzled:
not allowed by whom? how? when? what is this about? :shock:
i haven't seen anything here, let alone removed anything. :dunno:

i get a notice every time that someone posts something here and the has been no posts after Sapsan's last question. i didn't reply then because there is no better answer to Sapsan's question that has already been given.
OK, if you like it so Massa.
ame

Post by ame »

... what on earth is this about?? :unsure:
i have no idea... :puzzled:
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

ame wrote:... what on earth is this about?? :unsure:
i have no idea... :puzzled:
Forget it, Ame. One frustrated person posts here his conspirological thoughts, demonstrates his childish reactions. The best way how to communicate with him is to ignore him. Dont reply to him. Or delete his comments simply.

Have a nice day, Ame.
ame

Post by ame »

oh, do you think so Lubaska? :unsure:

in that case i shall certainly not delete these posts. then this person or others would have even more to complain. 8-)

btw: we have an archive where we save deleted posts (sometimes there are some of those, too).
there was no post by Konrad.

edit: we had a discussion about this matter among admins/moderators and none of us has any idea about what this was about. however, we got one idea, a possible explanation. maybe Konrad tried to make a post quoting another post which already had quotes inside it. that is not allowed. if you try to do it then you get a message saying "You may embed only 1 quotes within each other."
that might explain a 'not-allowed' post.
Biker

Post by Biker »

ame wrote:oh, do you think so Lubaska? :unsure:

in that case i shall certainly not delete these posts. then this person or others would have even more to complain. 8-)

btw: we have an archive where we save deleted posts (sometimes there are some of those, too).
there was no post by Konrad.

edit: we had a discussion about this matter among admins/moderators and none of us has any idea about what this was about. however, we got one idea, a possible explanation. maybe Konrad tried to make a post quoting another post which already had quotes inside it. that is not allowed. if you try to do it then you get a message saying "You may embed only 1 quotes within each other."
that might explain a 'not-allowed' post.
this is a possibility i thought first. THINK POSITIVE! Perhaps there were two comments misunderstood, by Konrad and by you Ame.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Good morning! :hi:

Let’s not make these different opinions between Ame and me a problem. It is better to concentrate into birds than persons. :loveshower:

Ame told me last year in an aggressive voice, that Anne and Uku cannot have any other nests around.

Now it seems, that they do have. Good for Anne and Uku, bad for Ame.

Anyway, greetings to every single person, who enjoys watching these excellent nest videos like I do.

Konrad
ame

Post by ame »

"cannot have other nests" ?? :puzzled:
that is not true. the case is absolutely the contrary: WTEs are known to often have several nests in their territory. it is difficult to believe that i wrote something like that... (and in an "angry voice"??? i'm very sorry if that has sounded like that.)
this must be a misunderstanding, caused by who knows what. :dunno:

... besides: whatever that was it was last year. what has this to do with answering Sapsan's question?
:puzzled:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Konrad, last year there probably wasn´t other nest around. As in the end of the season this nest got broken, now Anne and Uku probably built a new one.
Good for them.
"It is better to concentrate into birds than persons" - right! Follow your own suggestion.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
ame

Post by ame »

hmm, my memory works slowly... :blush:
wasn't it known that this territory was new last year? then there could not have been more nests than one. so this nest and this territory was a special case last year. in territories which have been used for years there can be and often are several nests.

edit: i think i found the discussion on one versus several nests:
viewtopic.php?p=485532#p485532
it was fairly probable then that Anna and Uku had only one nest last year. Anna was also so young that she probably bred for the first time.
constant.gardener

Post by constant.gardener »

Sometimes, I pass by in order to see if something new has been noticed. As with the cam working it looked like Anna and Uku had built a new nest, I would like to know if there was any further information. I'm watching other nests this year but would like to return to our beloved Uku and Anna next year. :)
ame

Post by ame »

constant.gardener :hi:
here you can find the latest news:
viewtopic.php?p=519050#p519050

we are waiting for the next season. :D
constant.gardener

Post by constant.gardener »

Thanks Ame, I saw all these posts, just were hoping anyone had discovered the new nest already. :) But thanks anyway.
Triin

Post by Triin »

Renno went to check on Anna and Uku today and got a big surprise. There was nothing in the winter, but sometime during the spring Anna and Uku have built a new nest. It is close to the artificial nest-platform Urmas did. Also, there were TWO EAGLETS in the nest. "Our" eagles are doing great :thumbs:

Unfortunately we still don't know what is wrong with the camera.

Renno didn't have a bigger lens with him, but he sent a picture of the new nest.
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

What a great news :loveshower: , thank you Trine and Renno :thumbs:
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Thank you, Trine and Renno!!
Did the chicks get rings?
Did they film the ringing?
Beautiful picture and I'm so happy that Anna and Uku and their new family are good!
:loveshower:
Gew Gaw

Post by Gew Gaw »

Triin wrote:Renno went to check on Anna and Uku today and got a big surprise. There was nothing in the winter, but sometime during the spring Anna and Uku have built a new nest. It is close to the artificial nest-platform Urmas did. Also, there were TWO EAGLETS in the nest. "Our" eagles are doing great :thumbs:

Unfortunately we still don't know what is wrong with the camera.

Renno didn't have a bigger lens with him, but he sent a picture of the new nest.
Surprise for whom? All of us knew that they have made a new nest. Why should they wait half a year when Urmas would go to help then with the nest? We have been waiting too long for news without any hope and no result. We heard them. We saw them. And all we have at the moment is 1 weak picture cause people went there without cam. That's very strange.

Thanks God the eagles are much smarter than most of people.
God bless Anna Uku and their children.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”