Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

constant.gardener

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Post by constant.gardener »

I wonder if the kids have fledged and sometimes pass the camera view. :puzzled: Would we know it was them? Hopefully, next year we will get something to watch there. :bounce:
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

:hi: Hello eagle friends
I only read today about the new nest of Anna and Uku and I am very happy to learn that they succeeded in building a new nest and in raising two eaglets. :loveshower:
As someone said they are young and strong eagles and they are wonderful parents as we all could see last year. I do hope they had an easier time this summer.

Thanks everybody for your work and all your efforts. And do not let bad comments bother you - it's not worthwhile. You are doing a great job :bow: :bow:
constant.gardener

Do we know something about the current activities of our eagle family, then?
ame

Post by ame »

hello constant.gardener! :hi:
we haven't heard any news about Anna and Uku yet. ... but i have checked the old merikotkas-stream address every now and then.
http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/merikotkas.html
so far it has said "stream not found".
but of course i don't know is it going be streaming in this address. :slap:
constant.gardener

Dear Ame,

thanks a lot for your fast answer. <3
Of course, I watch several American nests which are really nice to watch, too. But still stick to our beloved Anna and Uku ... hope they are fine.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, wish this all humans and all eagles. :bounce: :chick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTlY73ej-3I
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

January 27, 2018

Would like to hear something about Anna an Uku... but better - to see them! Is there such a chance? :D
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Yesterday we together with Renno and Omar went to brake long silence about Uku and Anna. Most efforts were prepared for to install camera on new nest, where they breed last summer. We also were prepared for to change technical solution, means to transmit video over 4G internet.
But nature had own plans and we did not install cam there, because new nest was also fallen from tree. Though ravens nest was fine, just 30m of old nest of year 2016. That old nest place with some repaired base was not touched by eagles, only few feathers under nest tree of 2017. So took all equipment away of that place and started to check some other nests in that region, if there is some alternative. Not every nest suits for cam, but there are couple of possible ones. They need to climb up and check suitability from the nest level. That will be done next time. One of those options is territory of Linda and Sulev (we do not know if they still breed there) we observed 2008-2013, but new nest about in height of 30 meters in forest near the bog.
Some changes therefore are needed to make in cam set and suitable weather chosen. Maybe some work is needed to do in darkness.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Thanks for the update.

It's very sad to hear about the second fallen nest. Bad luck for this beautiful couple! :cry:

I hope they'll find something. :thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

thanks for the information Urmas! :wave:

it is better that the nest falls now in the winter, rather than with eggs or chicks in it. - i wonder if Anna and Uku are still a bit too young and inexperienced in making the nest foundation..? :puzzled:
laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

thank you for this news :thumbs:
it would be quite something to see Sulev and Linda
i am keeping my fingers crossed
8-)
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

ame wrote: - i wonder if Anna and Uku are still a bit too young and inexperienced in making the nest foundation..? :puzzled:
That place has been not far ago raise out of sea bottom, therefore poor soil and no such big trees, yet. But I'm sure they build new nest somewhere close by if right time approaches.
Summi

Post by Summi »

Thank you, Urmas, for the news that spring is just around the corner... :loveshower:
It's fascinating to watch those magnificent birds, either the nest of Anna-Uku or Linda-Sulev or of any other WTE pair that you find suitable to install the equipment to.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Thank you, Urmas :hi:

We here in dabasdati.lv cannot wait to see Anna and Uku, they were magnificant :loveshower:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Information from ee.net 31 January.

Links tv.eenet.ee/ do not work with Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 computers? If someone is using Windows 7 then they should use other browsers (e.g. Firefox or Chrome). Unfortunately we cannot fix this as it is a browser not webcam issue. With Windows 8 or above everything should work correctly (but I haven't tested this).

Bea

Post by Bea »

:mrgreen:

:headroll:

Fingers crossed for a season 2018 :shake:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
ame

Post by ame »

:loveshower:
http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/merikotkas.html
the scenery looks almost the same as before, but this can't be the same.
the base seems to be artificial but it seems that there is perhaps also some new material on top of it, brought by eagles. not as much as in the Latvian nest though.

we have started the new topic for this year. :D
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=914

welcome! :gathering:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”