Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Rita

Re: Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Post by Rita »

Yes, there is a branch, one storey lower alongside the parallel upper branches. Just as well. :bow:
Polly

Post by Polly »

( 22:39 Suvi and Sulvi ... Tongue-twister 8-) )

It seems to work. Looks pretty relaxed. :nod:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
chicktrick

Post by chicktrick »

Bärbelbär wrote: June 17th, 2018, 10:20 pm Sulvi has since found a new sleeping position. Better to stand as the whole night.
I would like to know what it looks like under the branches, where their legs are. Are there any branches? :puzzled:
There is definately a branch inbetween the two we can see; if you look closely you can just see a bit of it to the right. I also think there is some kind of branch, maybe even the same one, in front of the big one that we can see. She has tipped forward off that big branch numerous times and found something there for her feet but it doesn’t seem to be something she wants to perch on. I think in a few more days she will be hopping around the branches a lot more. :wave: I like her new bed arrangement. :nod:
Biker

Post by Biker »

Polly wrote: June 17th, 2018, 10:22 pm A good evening to all! :wave:

We should not discuss the prey of sea eagles.

Of course a chick looks more cute than a fish. But we are writing about sea eagles here and we live with them for a long period of the year. And we affirm that we find them wonderful - so we should not question their prey or discuss it for long.

It is like it is. :innocent:

The food chain is hard and we know that. There is no reason to overshadow the survival of animals, our white-tailed eagles, with their prey emotions.

And congratulations .... Bigfoot became our great Sulvi. :loveshower:

The food is the most important factor for the surviving of all living beings, all other circumstances which are important (habitats of the various species, and eventual disturbances of them there in those etc) are, secondary if there is no food.
But: everything depends on each other, depends on the other and vice versa etc.
so it is also important (and interesting) to speak about what is eaten.
Conclusions about the (daily) life of the species can be derived.
i think you know that, Polly, so probably you meant that here valuations, assessments about prey took place? no, that really was not. :wave:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Maryem

Post by Maryem »

:wave:
Biker wrote: June 17th, 2018, 5:46 pm :hi: to all.
The Mute Swan chick, dangling there, was' nt mute yet? it was said: eaten alive.

Maryem! Welcome to the forum.
and if i forgot: Welcome Bärbelbär!
Thanks and hello :wave:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

ame wrote: June 17th, 2018, 9:49 pm the size limit has been here in the forum rules 'forever', a long time before i joined. :whistling:
i don't know what your page size is but in my screen larger pictures explode out of limits.
at least in the old times 800x600 was ok. i think that for the mobile devices it's ok nowadays, too. `
I see. I started with 800 x 600 but switched to 1024 x 576, because my early morning and twilight shots benefitted from the little bit of extra size. I'm sorry if my pictures explode out of limits. I'll go back to the old routine. :blush:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Bärbelbär wrote: June 17th, 2018, 10:20 pm Sulvi has since found a new sleeping position. Better to stand as the whole night.

:wave: Bärbelbär and welcome!
In fact, what you point out as a new position for Sulvi to sleep, is dependent on the place which she discovered soon after the nest was disintegrated. It's a mystery why she didn't sleep there yesterday during the day and at night. I thought/was afraid that the corner had also suffered some damage and the eaglet couldn't lie down comfortably there any more, whenever she needed it, but today/yesterday (it's 1 am 18/6) has proven that it is not the case. Food also helped to put her to sleep for such a long time 8-)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

The swan chick wasn't weak, it was in a shock. A normal reaction to what happened to him. When Suvi started plucking it tried to fight back.For a short moment!
I already saw some live animals in the nests of eagles - many at the bald eagles. They all behave the same way. They do not move until they are eaten or plucked. 2014 I saw a still alive seagull in the latvian nest. It was alive while it was plucked, all the time! It was almost too much for me.
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

June 18

Good morning :hi:

The night before (June 17) was like a bad dream, which is now forgotten. Sulvi has been wide awake since 4 am, after having slept very long and very well, thanks to the little bird who gave his/her life. :bow:
She now likes to stand on the right side of the front branch, most of the time with one foot - only rarely loosing her balance.
It's not that she couldn't lie down, but she chooses not to, for long hours. I think her choice deserves our respect. :rolleyes:

5.42 Sulev landed with a fish and started feeding.

rebelde

Post by rebelde »

rebelde

Post by rebelde »

5.46 Sulvi got a nice piece of fish, which she held firmly against the branch

5.47 She also got morsels from Sulev :rotf:

5.49 Sulev crawled to the left branch
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

5.49 Wing exercises

5.50 Quite on the edge :whistling:

Bowing to the audience :laugh:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

5.51 Sulev is gone

5.52 More wing exercises on the edge 8-)

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Good Morning :hi:

rebelde, thanks a lot for reporting and the very nice pictures :2thumbsup: Our Sulvi is doing well. The feeding was without slipping :laugh:

Pirjo & Bosse

Post by Pirjo & Bosse »

It is raining slightly, and Sulvi seems a little amazed (neither she or we have seen much of it this year..)

Nature is often cruel and ruthless, but always with a purpose (hard to see sometimes though...).
But no way near the cruelty of humans..!
paivi

Post by paivi »

rebelde wrote: June 18th, 2018, 1:18 am It's a mystery why she didn't sleep there yesterday during the day and at night.
I was wondering the same thing, and I'm not 100 % sure, but I think there might have been leftovers from earlier feedings in there - I think I saw a piece of fish drop there earlier. So maybe she didn't fancy a fish for a pillow? :D

Or maybe she just really wants to grow up and perch like an adult? Reminds me of small kids who insist on walking, even though they keep falling down and would have an easier time with crawling.
Eike

Post by Eike »

About food and feeding by nature and man.
I understood Biker that he wants to choice what he wants to see or not.
That's also right for me.

The other question was about the feeded animals for Sulvi.
She has to grow and become greater, bigger, stronger and some soon day she will leave the nest.
Her parents know and choice in best way which animals - fishes other birds etc. - they will bring to her.
In nature one organism is living by the death of another organism. These are natural cycles.
I see those things every day in my great gardens where all animals are welcome.
Schicke Liebe voraus und berühre erst dann!
Envoie d'adord de l'amour, puis seulement après effleure et touche.
Send love in advance, and only then, touch!
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Polly wrote: June 17th, 2018, 10:22 pm ... The food chain is hard and we know that. There is no reason to overshadow the survival of animals, our white-tailed eagles, with their prey emotions. ...
People seem to forget that it are only their own irrational emotions, and they are only confronting us with them. The eagles (or any other animal), will not change their behaviour or their food because of the emotions of viewers. Nothing will change. We can only watch (or not).
sova

Post by sova »

Good morning to all :hi:

flying exercises
09:41

10:11

10:12
Timea

Post by Timea »

10.15:

Good day :hi:

Our Eaglet is feeling more secure, she is showing it by how she is moving along the branch.
Even heard her wings make the "swoosing" sound.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”