sova

Re: Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Post by sova »

good Morning :hi:

07:44
The little brushes plumage and calls for some time
saluki

Post by saluki »

Petter wrote: June 14th, 2018, 7:18 am When I see the rst of the nst, I'm happy that the eaglet is a single child.
I agree with you! 8-)
sova

Post by sova »

07:58
Suvi comes with the green branch .... the little one is crying.
Rita

Post by Rita »

Quote from Petter:
When I see the rst of the nst, I'm happy that the eaglet is a single child.
Absolutely - exactly what I am thinking and what I am really grateful for. Who knows why the 2nd eggsie broke ... Spirit is at work. :blush:

Hi Sova, you do not really mean 'crying', do you? - this is the one with tears, you know. :wave: (Has GT given this verb?)

14th June, 2018 - 08:27 hrs:

Chick is screaming. There is Suvi perching on the branch to the right.

sova

Post by sova »

Rita wrote: June 14th, 2018, 8:26 am Hi Sova, you do not really mean 'crying', do you? - this is the one with tears, you know. :wave: (Has GT given this verb?)
No, Rita .... I did not write that, certainly not. But I write with GT. So .... with a little imagination you can understand it .... right?
sova

Post by sova »

08:53
Suvi flies away
Rita

Post by Rita »

June 14th, 2018 - 10:05 hrs:

Chick is dozing:

Antje

Post by Antje »

chicktrick wrote: June 14th, 2018, 12:12 am Yes it was good that Daddy is older and wiser. Hopefully now Suvi wont worry so much next time. There are many opinions about ringing. I don’t know enough to say whether the trade off of risking the occasional abandoned chick is worth the information gained about the species by the ringing. I do know It is hard to watch for those of us emotionally invested in the chick. But isn't that the great thing about the people who watch these cams: they care. If only there was a less intrusive way to mark the birds. :nod:
Thank you and good morning chicktrick! I totally agree with you! :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! and welcome to the forum Ppine!
:gathering:
chicktrick wrote: June 14th, 2018, 12:12 am ... There are many opinions about ringing. I don’t know enough to say whether the trade off of risking the occasional abandoned chick is worth the information gained about the species by the ringing. ...
the ringing (or banding) of eaglets has not been detrimental to the development of the eagle populations. i'm certain that much more eaglets die due to natural causes before they fledge. at least in Finland the numbers of ringed WTeaglets has increased about 100-fold from the beginning of the 1970's, just in about 40 years. the increase is not due to increased efforts to find nest or some other bias like that. it is a true effect.

i don't believe that many have been abandoned and died due to ringing. i believe that the development in other European countries is rather similar.
here's a graph of numbers in Finland:
it's taken from the webpage of the Finnish WWF-working group for WTE (unfortunately only in Finnish):
https://wwf.fi/elainlajit/merikotka/

there are many much more important factors that influence eagle populations: persecution, environmental toxins (both chemicals and lead ammunition), lack of nest trees and wind power plants, just to mention few.
Pähkinähiiri

Post by Pähkinähiiri »

Little hen is preening now, but it was watching the world.
She looks so funny now "I'm serious and watch the area"

PS funny thing happened to me yesterday - fledge of the tit (probably great tit) used me as landing zone - i felt something touching my face and it was little tail or wing. It sat on my hoodie. I thought it was good that our "little girl" didn't try it, I wonder how much she weights now, but seems >>2 kg :D
Pähkinähiiri

Post by Pähkinähiiri »

ame wrote: June 13th, 2018, 5:49 pm the list is here:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/pos ... 8&p=592676
Hello Ame,
thanks for all your hard work on managing naming :)
There is something wrong with the link you share - when I used it it returned
"Information

You cannot edit posts in this forum."
Bärbelbär

Post by Bärbelbär »

Good day.
Did the little eagle already get fish today? :unsure:
Der Mensch braucht die Natur, die Natur den Menschen nicht. Der Mensch ist Teil der Natur, er ist ihr nicht übergeordnet. Erst wenn er das begreift, hat er eine Überlebenschance.
© Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Pähkinähiiri wrote: June 14th, 2018, 10:38 am There is something wrong with the link you share - when I used it it returned
"Information
You cannot edit posts in this forum."
:hi: Pähkinähiiri! Hello to all others too!

That link by Ame had some letters too much ... it was for editing her message, which we obviously are not allowed to do. :laugh:

This should function: https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 76#p592676
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Bärbelbär wrote: June 14th, 2018, 11:13 am Good day.
Did the little eagle already get fish today? :unsure:
Bärbelbär :wave:

No one has reported a feeding today, so it seems that the eaglet has not got food since 19:20 yesterday, when Hellem reported the feeding to have ended.

The eaglet is surely not starving, but there was some talk here a couple of days ago about birds getting all the water they need from the food. That fact naturally means, that it is important for a bird to get fresh food, when the temperature is high. This day is warm again, already now about 20°C in the Haapsalu region. Also the weekend is supposed to be quite warm, especially the Sunday. Therefore it would be good for the eaglet to get some food at least a couple of times a day.
Bärbelbär

Post by Bärbelbär »

Konrad wrote: June 14th, 2018, 11:33 am Bärbelbär :wave:

No one has reported a feeding today, so it seems that the eaglet has not got food since 19:20 yesterday, when Hellem reported the feeding to have ended.

The eaglet is surely not starving, but there was some talk here a couple of days ago about birds getting all the water they need from the food. That fact naturally means, that it is important for a bird to get fresh food, when the temperature is high. This day is warm again, already now about 20°C in the Haapsalu region. Also the weekend is supposed to be quite warm, especially the Sunday. Therefore it would be good for the eaglet to get some food at least a couple of times a day.
Then I hope Sulev is all right. :headroll:
Der Mensch braucht die Natur, die Natur den Menschen nicht. Der Mensch ist Teil der Natur, er ist ihr nicht übergeordnet. Erst wenn er das begreift, hat er eine Überlebenschance.
© Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker
sova

Post by sova »

12:25
No feeding today ... the little one is sitting on the branch waiting. Brush plumage, do some flying exercises and keep calling.
Nestlife is changing .... :unsure:

I know, if all goes well, she will be a beautiful, free bird.
But now I'm sorry. Why? ... because I think like a human. :D

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

12:29

sleeping

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
sova

Post by sova »

12:36 :rolleyes:

see you later :wave:
Malewitsch

Post by Malewitsch »

Timea

Post by Timea »

13.37:

Sulev in with a large fish, welcomed with a high-pitched "screaming voice" by Eaglet

It is a large one and must be heavy. Sulev is still panting.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”