Moderator: ame

rebelde

Re: Estonian white-tailed sea eagle nest camera 2018

Post by rebelde »

17.02 Sulvi called in the distance
Timea

Post by Timea »

rebelde wrote: July 7th, 2018, 5:02 pm 17.02 Sulvi called in the distance
Hi Rebelde, the wind is so loud I had to turn the sound down a little.
Yes, it's the way I hear it also. In one "calling session" her voice is louder and softer. I thought it was because of the wind related to Sulvi's position. P.S. But I'm happy to hear her every now and then!
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Timea wrote: July 7th, 2018, 6:12 pm Hi Rebelde, the wind is so loud I had to turn the sound down a little.
Yes, it's the way I hear it also. In one "calling session" her voice is louder and softer. I thought it was because of the wind related to Sulvi's position. P.S. But I'm happy to hear her every now and then!
Hi Timea, it's good to hear from you too! :D I picture Sulvi making short flights from tree to tree, or at least from branch to branch. I can't see why she would suddenly stop that behaviour, now that she's officially fledged. But maybe fledglings become small once more after their courageous first flight - just for a few days, before they feel ready to "raise the nose" again and advance to new heights!
Timea

Post by Timea »

rebelde wrote: July 7th, 2018, 7:21 pm Hi Timea, it's good to hear from you too! :D I picture Sulvi making short flights from tree to tree, or at least from branch to branch. I can't see why she would suddenly stop that behaviour, now that she's officially fledged. But maybe fledglings become small once more after their courageous first flight - just for a few days, before they feel ready to "raise the nose" again and advance to new heights!
Yes, and going down is easier than going UP :rotf:
Eike

Post by Eike »

Though I know that Sulvi would one day leave her "nest", I miss her in it. Je suis en manque, we say here in France.
She left her egg when it was my birthday.
Everything with Sulvi and her parents went (is) normal.
And I think many here miss her too.
It is the same, when beloved members of the family leave foreever.
And here we all are a great family: men, women, eagles, other animals.
I am thankful to all who made much more visible by comments, pictures and videos.
Schicke Liebe voraus und berühre erst dann!
Envoie d'adord de l'amour, puis seulement après effleure et touche.
Send love in advance, and only then, touch!
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Timea wrote: July 7th, 2018, 7:50 pm Yes, and going down is easier than going UP :rotf:
Even for eagles! Lol
Casio

Post by Casio »

Eike wrote: July 7th, 2018, 11:15 pm
And here we all are a great family: men, women, eagles, other animals.
I love that comment, Eike. That is very true. We are all together, no matter what spieces.
Have a beautiful weekend, and same to all here reading the forum. :shake:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Konrad wrote: July 7th, 2018, 12:50 am The worst case now would be, that Sulvi has landed to the ground and is enjoying it. :shake:

I mean that she stands on the firm Estonian land and feels good to have a large flat area under her talons. In that case she would lay down and sleep on her belly, on her left side, on her right side and perhaps even on her back, snoring loudly. :shock:

In that case Sulvi could be in trouble. Not in other cases. :thumbs:
:rotf: I love this. You've been such good company, Konrad. Really! Thank you and all the best :2thumbsup:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Summi wrote: July 7th, 2018, 10:16 am Timea, Rebelde, Hellem, Liz, Konrad and everyone - a big THANK YOU and HUG to all of you. And thank you Urmas and your team for making it possible to watch this great WTE family. :wave:
Now the lens is almost clean and Sulvi is welcom to sit on her favourite spot. :thumbs:
Summi :hi: Thank you very much and a hug to you too :wave:
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Good morning rebelde and all others! :hi: Thanks to you and everyone else for everything. :gathering:

4:45 Oh my God, they have shrunken Sulvi! :shock:

Wait a minute, maybe that is not Sulvi? It might be an albatross or something like that... 8-)
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

4:54 Oh my God, now they have put a furry tail to Sulvi! :shock:

Wait, wait. After watching again, I think it may be some other animal. Perhaps a deer or something? 8-)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Konrad wrote: July 8th, 2018, 5:36 am 4:54 Oh my God, now they have put a furry tail to Sulvi! :shock:
https://up.picr.de/33178015wm.jpg

Wait, wait. After watching again, I think it may be some other animal. Perhaps a deer or something? 8-)

Good morning Konrad! what a nice catch! A squirrel :headroll: Thank you!

I have found it on youtube :rolleyes: Sulvi is calling from far, as the squirrel was in her nest :laugh:

Eike

Post by Eike »

Konrad wrote: June 12th, 2018, 7:53 pm :hi: Eike and welcome to the forum. Your idea is nice, but I think there is not any possible method to prepare the eagle parents and the small eaglets for the ringing.
Hello Konrad! I disagree with you.
The announcement was by myself invented in the 1980s. It has to be written, loudly spoken and mental announced before any thing nearby the animals. That is a great chance also to avoid stress, fear and chaos for all. Since the first practise I never hurt any animal when in nature, in the garden, when wandering, when working outside or moving with the car. And I practise it before every voyage when taking the car. I travel in car all over Europe. In all that time I never was in a trafic jam.
If practised before ringing it would be a great help for everyone.
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Liz01 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 6:08 am Good morning Konrad! what a nice catch! A squirrel :headroll: Thank you!
Good morning Liz! :wave:

It was nice to see, that the squirrel was in very good condition, with shiny fur. So, it must have got good nutrition. :thumbs:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Eike wrote: July 8th, 2018, 6:35 am Hello Konrad! I disagree with you.
The announcement was by myself invented in the 1980s. It has to be written, loudly spoken and mental announced before any thing nearby the animals. That is a great chance also to avoid stress, fear and chaos for all. Since the first practise I never hurt any animal when in nature, in the garden, when wandering, when working outside or moving with the car. And I practise it before every voyage when taking the car. I travel in car all over Europe. In all that time I never was in a trafic jam.
If practised before ringing it would be a great help for everyone.
that would be a enormous stress for the eagles! the parents would escape! And the eaglets have to starve because the parents do not come back, when a person is standing under their nest tree and even talking loud!
Eike

Post by Eike »

Liz01 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 7:00 am that would be a enormous stress for the eagles! the parents would escape! And the eaglets have to starve because the parents do not come back, when a person is standing under their nest tree and even talking loud!
Misunderstanding Liz01 :hi: , but it is normal because my english is too poor for explaining exactly.
Second trying:
People have to learn how it works. I am teaching them in a seminar lasting at least 1-2 days.
Not under the nest and not nearby to the eagles, that would really make them stress.
But speaking from there, where the ringing man is at home, in his room, in his office - far away from the eagles, very far.
Words and thoughts which are thought or sporken to anybody in nature are heard by them. How that goes? Hard to explain but words are so-calles flying through orbit to every place on earth and arrive the right address.
lispet

Post by lispet »

08:49 Home sweet home

Rita

Post by Rita »

Liz: I do not know whether I correctly understand Eike, but he might mean that the announcement need not be done near the eagles, but at home in his living room for instance, that means getting that message/energy over to the animals sort of telepathically.
RNS

Post by RNS »

Suvi is on the nest enjoying a meal.
Rita

Post by Rita »

Thank you, RNS, how beautiful. :loveshower:

8:54 hrs. July 8th, 2018:

Suvi eating fish on the nest tree:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”