Grey Seal Webcam Discussion 2009

A webcam viewing seals and their pups, on Saaremaa.
vaino

Re: Grey Seal Webcam Discussion

Post by vaino »

13:20, Three adults - real dark figures at the top of the picture - they are quite noisy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ergee

Post by ergee »

vaino wrote:13:20, Three adults - real dark figures at the top of the picture - they are quite noisy!
Maybe you are interested in internet address in Holland, please do not use the link
but switch to internet and write the address down by yourself. Can't say why the links does not work.

http://www.zeehondencrèche Lenie 't Hart.nl

Much Info!
leanne

Post by leanne »

Jo UK wrote:LOL - soon, we shall get to know the pattern of the rocks, then be able to see which is rock and which is seal. At the moment, I have to wait for a movement! :laugh:
i think i have nearly managed to remember all the rocks :laugh:

oh i love this cam so much :loveshower: :loveshower:
leanne

Post by leanne »

ergee wrote: Maybe you are interested in internet address in Holland, please do not use the link
but switch to internet and write the address down by yourselve. Can't say why the links does not work.

http://www.zeehondencrèche Lenie 't Hart.nl

Much Info!
right link is http://www.zeehondencreche.nl/home/home_e.htm i guess,

thanks ergee :)
verlit

Post by verlit »

There are three adults and one white pup now. Cute :mrgreen:

Correction: FIVE adults (one swimming, one sticking its nose from the right)
Correction 2: SIX adults :rotf:
Correction 3: and TWO pups!
leanne

Post by leanne »

nd now five adults and one child :)
edit: two children - still have problems with learning the stones i think :innocent:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kata

Post by Kata »

The first time i watched the seal cam i only saw one seal,but then suddenly "stones"started moving :D
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. ~Albert Einstein
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

suddenly they were in a hurry to go swimming :D
mom and the pup-lovely
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
ergee

Post by ergee »

Kata wrote:The first time i watched the seal cam i only saw one seal,but then suddenly "stones"started moving :D
Really I don't want te be impolite or impatient, but what would be the result if the camera would be directed just a (very) little bit higher on the seashore and we would see about 2 centimetres less of the stones and pebbels?
I lived years in Den Haag, near to Scheveningen and the sea and the sound of the wind and the waves remind me of being on the boulevard! I love this new site very much.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

There was again a hooded crow.
Dryw

Post by Dryw »

ergee wrote: Really I don't want te be impolite or impatient, but what would be the result if the camera would be directed just a (very) little bit higher on the seashore and we would see about 2 centimetres less of the stones and pebbels?
I lived years in Den Haag, near to Scheveningen and the sea and the sound of the wind and the waves remind me of being on the boulevard! I love this new site very much.
I read somewhere that they had to prepare the cam a long time ago, before the seals came. I think that they can change anything now. Or maybe it is now low tide.
I love this very much.
ergee

Post by ergee »

leanne wrote: right link is http://www.zeehondencreche.nl/home/home_e.htm i guess,

thanks ergee :)
Thanks Leanne, it is almost the same site but much more advertising, on my pc it is the best when I write: www.zeehondencreche Lenie t Hart.nl
without http and nothing after .nl Strange there are so much possibilitys and it is so complicated..hope interested people don't loose courage and patience.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

ergee wrote: Really I don't want te be impolite or impatient, but what would be the result if the camera would be directed just a (very) little bit higher on the seashore and we would see about 2 centimetres less of the stones and pebbels?
I thought the same but didn´t want to write it (yet). Good that you did.
Lifting the view of the cam a bit so that we can see more of the baltic sea would be great (if possible).
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

ergee, showing more of the sea would be wonderful, but the case was that the moving part on web cam takes too much power or stream or whatever, :puzzled: ,i don`t understand the wonderful world of internet!
so this will be the view !
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Dryw wrote: I read somewhere that they had to prepare the cam a long time ago, before the seals came. I think that they can change anything now. Or maybe it is now low tide.
I love this very much.
The difference between the tides is quite small in the Baltic sea (I think about 30cm). So actually that can´t be the real point. I think it´s just that they still have to trie the best view angle. And it will be helpful if we say what could be improved.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Kuremari wrote:ergee, showing more of the sea would be wonderful, but the case was that the moving part on web cam takes too much power or stream or whatever, :puzzled: ,i don`t understand the wonderful world of internet!
so this will be the view !
Really? I didn´t know that.
Well, if it is the case this really might be the best view. We´ll see what is possible and what isn´t.
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

Ricky wrote: Really? I didn´t know that.
Well, if it is the case this really might be the best view. We´ll see what is possible and what isn´t.
Looduskalender team did it`s best and we have to be happy with this!
We can`t have it all, can we :D
of course we have the right to wish and dream and maybe in the future things will change :whistling:
Laaly

Post by Laaly »

hey :)
there was a serious fight tonight
cam addict
verlit

Post by verlit »

Some kind of bird of prey landed in the middle on top of the screen. Hope he is not after the pups?! :unsure:
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

looks like eagle or buzzard!?

Return to “Grey Seal Webcam Forum”