Black Stork Nest in Karula, 2021

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Liz01

Re: Black Stork Nest in Karula, 2021

Post by Liz01 »

Anne7 wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:08 pm That’s true, Liz :hi: :D
I really hope it’s him... but we still have to wait and see...
Anne :hi:
That is almost too much anticipation for me. The time at Durbe Nest is exciting enough :rotf:

But I very much hope it too!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liz01 wrote: April 10th, 2021, 4:58 pm the exciting question is, was it Karl II equipped with a transmitter or was it another black stork. I am curious .. soon we will know :laugh:
so you shouldn't have set the migration data here yet. There is still no evidence that we saw Karl II on the map. :whistling:

.....The black stork Karl II, added to the migration map, is likely a male bird that nests in a webcam nest in Karula National Park, but we definitely won't be able to tell until next spring. .....
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 68#p763668

is there a rule on how to post an article that I posted last year? :puzzled: I think it should be very easy to determine what is meant. The link to the post is available. I was advised that it was not okay what I do!

17:02 wing beating and calls from wood pigeons
Liz, please will you send the article to me by PM or e-mail. then we can decide where it should go
thanks.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Jo UK wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:22 pm Liz, please will you send the article to me by PM or e-mail. then we can decide where it should go
thanks.
Liz01 wrote: April 10th, 2021, 4:58 pm
.....The black stork Karl II, added to the migration map, is likely a male bird that nests in a webcam nest in Karula National Park, but we definitely won't be able to tell until next spring. .....
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 68#p763668
Jo, :hi: this post was complained about. I was told that I had to make it clear that it was a quote from last year.
For me it is so that you recognize it when you follow the link that I have set.
So I asked if there was a rule that says how to do it
Michi

Post by Michi »

Liz01 wrote: April 10th, 2021, 4:58 pm ...
is there a rule on how to post an article that I posted last year? :puzzled: I think it should be very easy to determine what is meant. The link to the post is available. I was advised that it was not okay what I do!
Liz, I kindly asked you to clarify above the quote that it is a quote and from last year. When I wrote the PM to you, the quote was not in italics either, it looked like normal text. And it was far longer than it is now, meanwhile you shortened it.
It's a pity that you're making a story out of it here.

Edit: With your changes now (italics etc.) it is quickly to understand that it is a quote. Before it wasn't.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Jo UK wrote: April 10th, 2021, 4:44 pm I am going to connect my PC to my TV. Then I can recline, drink tea and watch the nest!
Hello all!
Hope you all are well!

Recline - that's what i had to learn new in the last difficult year. So far i was sure the older one get the shorter is the time which remains for doing all the worth things we have to do.
Although this is the reality, unfortunately the opportunities for that are restricted now and decreases more and more due to the current worldwide crisis.
Believe me, Instead of being aware of it, I would rather be a black stork that is unaware of it.
On the way to this nice nest,
in order to try to achieve something as important as preserving the black stork population. Would be convinced that it succeeds and then in a few month:
Bye, back to south :wink:

dear Black storks, let's start!

:wave:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Bea

Post by Bea »

Michi wrote: April 10th, 2021, 3:53 pm Hello everyone,

Karl II may arrive at the nest any minute now. From his position today at 10:36 (UTC+3) to the Estonian border is only about 170 km. At a flying speed of 50 km/h, he should actually already be here. :D
Maybe he first makes a stop at Eedis nest (vice versa) on his way home, to check and see what´s going on in the neighborhood 8-)

It is important to know quick whether there will be food competitors, especially when the situation is hard in many aspects .... too few females, not enough food ...
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

It is so funny imagining all these people sitting in front of their screens waiting for a Black Stork who will never know which excitement he is causing :rotf:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Michi wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:32 pm Liz, I kindly asked you to clarify above the quote that it is a quote and from last year. When I wrote the PM to you, the quote was not in italics either, it looked like normal text. And it was far longer than it is now, meanwhile you shortened it.
It's a pity that you're making a story out of it here.

Edit: With your changes now (italics etc.) it is quickly to understand that it is a quote. Before it wasn't.
I shortened it because the rest of the text wasn't important! And it's my way of italicizing it. I do it in other threads too!

as an example:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 03#p782103
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Michi wrote: April 10th, 2021, 3:53 pm Karl II may arrive at the nest any minute now. From his position today at 10:36 (UTC+3) to the Estonian border it is only about 170 km. At a flying speed of 50 km/h, he should actually already be here. :D

Many thanks, Jo, for opening this topic! :2thumbsup:
Michi :hi: what about your time schedule? Is Karl II not Karl II? :shake:
Michi

Post by Michi »

aquiline wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:53 pm Michi :hi : what about your time schedule? Is Karl II not Karl II? : shake:
Aquiline :wave:
I very much hope, it's our Karl II whom we followed in the Birdmap and Trackermap. :D Urmas was quite sure that he had trapped Karl II last year.
We must wait. :mrgreen:
Hopefully Karl II is only fishing, he has had a couple of flight-intensive days and is maybe very hungry.
I keep my fingers crossed. :2thumbsup:
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Yes, Michi, most probably he is very hungry. It has been a long journey especially the last days surely have been exhausting. Me too, I hope we will see a Black Stork with a transmitter :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

19:57 Karl II makes it exciting. :slap: :D
That's not nice of him. But after that, I wish him that he finds plenty to eat and that he arrives here strengthened :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

20:41 A blackbird male visit the nest
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

April 11

Good Morning everyone! :hi:

6:29 the camera has started
the sky is red behind the trees ... it will be a beautiful but cold day.

6:37 the sun :D
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Good morning!

I am sitting here in front of the screen and imagine that Karl II has had his breakfast already and fly. Here - here! We are waiting!
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

juta wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:13 am Good morning!

I am sitting here in front of the screen and imagine that Karl II has had his breakfast already and fly. Here - here! We are waiting!
Juta good Morning! :wave:

Must -toonekurg 2! there is a Black Stork! EDIT A Male.. Arrival 10.04.2021 19:44 !
today 6:30 I think the female came home- I'm wrong! Male makes nestauration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euyp7iEHJBA

sorry! OT! :bow:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

What a surprise!
I have no information about it!!!!
Such a nice place.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

I opened new topic for new black stork

http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/view ... 5b#p788935
asteria

Post by asteria »

Karl II appears here pretty soon, but if Kaia disliked this place last year, she may not return here and stay somewhere else... Females are selective.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

9:35 Black stork is calling!

9:38 Karl II :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: 716C Welcome back!!

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”