Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina ~ 2014

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
loveofnature-ohio-us

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina ~ 2014

Post by loveofnature-ohio-us »

Thank you for the info. It's much appreciated.
maroni

Post by maroni »

Michi

Post by Michi »

Maroni, :hi:
there is a topic for the Hungarian Black Storks here in the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=650&start=100
baska

Post by baska »

Hello :wave:

Does anybody know why the cam is working again?
Have there been storks???

greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The camera is working most of the time. There are a few days when I have not been able to download Pontu pictures, but in general during day it is on. I'm not looking at the photos on a daily basis, but so far I have not seen any storks.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
baska

Post by baska »

Ahaaa, thank you for your answer, Felis! :rolleyes:
Some time or other I didn't get a pic anymore, so I didn't carry on to look here.
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: At around 20:30 there was a visitor. A owl? Have somebody pictures?
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I just checked the Pontu pictures, one can see that the sticks on the left change position a little bit, but unfortunately the visitor was there for less than one minute.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Thank you Felis for figuring out, it was indeed a very short visit
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

As the camera seems to have stopped working already in the beginning of August, I think it is time to say good-bye for this season and hope for a better one next year. Thanks to Urmas and Renno for setting it up - and the new angle, which gave us, as long as it lasted, a very unique way of watching the nest and especially the arrival of the storks. It would have been so interesting to watch storklets from this perspective!
We of course hope to see this cam again next year and with a more happy outcome!
Thanks to everyone here for recording what was happening here and the help provided to find out if the male stork was in fact Tiit or a new male.
To Tiina, the unknown new male and hopefully Tiit somewhere as well, a safe migration and good return next spring!

The last Pontu picture taken in the evening of August 3

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

For the Storkaholics among us: Bayerischer Landesbund für Vogelschutz (Bavarian Association of the protection of birds) has put transmitters on 3 juvenile Black Storks from nests in Bavaria. They want to study where they go to forage for food, what are the dangers they are exposed to (wind turbines), where will they migrate to and which route will they take etc.
Today a migration map went online and they will have a blog. Unfortunately it will be only in German, but the map won't need much translation.
One of the storks already reached the southern parts of France, the other two are still in Germany and in Czech Republic.

http://www.lbv.de/unsere-arbeit/vogelsc ... torch.html

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Felis Very interesting,I will follow. Fingers crossed for their safe migration. :2thumbsup:

NB
Link to follow Black Storks (from Felis);

http://www.lbv.de/unsere-arbeit/vogelsc ... torch.html
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Michi

Post by Michi »

Thank you, Felis, for the very interesting information about the bavarian Black Stork-Project! I will follow it, too.

Thank you also, Renno and Urmas, for the support and care of the webcam. How Felis has written, with the new angle of view it was a pleasure to watch the nest. Seeing the storks arrivals was a wonderful experience. :2thumbsup:

All "our" known and unkown Black Storks I wish a safe migration and a happy return next year! Take care of you, dear Storks! :wave:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Though quite the efforts was made for the Black Stork cam, the male stork did not support us.
Think we will look for free time to remove camera system in forest.
And let's hope for next season.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

We have a topic for the telemetry project: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=688

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

As we don't know yet if there will be a camera here or at another Estonian BS nest, we can at least announce a camera at a Latvian Black Stork nest. Both storks have already arrived there and we have seen an fight for the nest and them mating already several times.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=763

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”