Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina ~ 2014

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Irasa

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina ~ 2014

Post by Irasa »

asteria wrote:Yes, Tiina taught him to do that.
I don't think they have to learn what eggs are good for, it's in their genes to know that. There must be other reasons, why everything goes wrong this year.
Storch in Sicht: http://46.237.211.38:1010
Summi

Post by Summi »

Is it going to be the first time when Tiina does not come home for night? :puzzled:
loveofnature-ohio-us

Post by loveofnature-ohio-us »

Possibly, I wonder, since there are no eggs to brood and mating season is about over, maybe the desire to stay at the nest site is waning. :puzzled: Mating season usually follows with care of eggs and raising chicks. I wonder what Tiina will do.
PINKELUZA

Post by PINKELUZA »

:cry: :cry:

The evening falls on the empty nest, which sadness!!
Where there is a will, there is a way
Mogli

Post by Mogli »

Yes, this is a very sad evening. :cry:
baska

Post by baska »

Nobody has come back.........
No movement, no shape... nothing but the barking of a dog
That makes me feeling so sad.

greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
Michi

Post by Michi »

Hello all, :hi:
I feel the same as you do, - it's a very sad evening without Tiina in the nest. :unsure:
But somehow I'm not surprised, that Tiina doesn't come back for the night. It fits to the strange situation. Tiina must feel better than we all, that the preparation of breeding is not going the way it should. It is likely, that nature has a plan B in this case, - so that the bird can spend a “normal” summertime without being stressed.
I really hope our Tiina isn’t that sad as we are. :cry:

21:25 Not nice pictures ... empty nest ...

21:51
loveofnature-ohio-us wrote:Possibly, I wonder, since there are no eggs to brood and mating season is about over, maybe the desire to stay at the nest site is waning. Mating season usually follows with care of eggs and raising chicks. ....
This sounds very logical and comprehensible. So sad it is ...
Thank you, loveofnature!
leonia

Post by leonia »

Does anybody know if there is hunting going on? We hear dogs barking and howling in the background (could it be the howling of wolves?).

We don't believe that the storks are not there because they were afraid. But we would like to know what is going on there . . . Thanks in advance!

BTW: in the background one can also very often hear a boreal owl calling (not only today but other evenings too).
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I can hear the dogs too (there are more than one, different ones)

Re hunting - Juta wrote in the Alutguse topic:
juta wrote:The hunting season is closed in Estonia, but hunting wild boars(except females with cubs), and raccoon dogs is allowed throughout the year.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Michi

Post by Michi »

leonia wrote:Does anybody know if there is hunting going on? We hear dogs barking and howling in the background (could it be the howling of wolves?).
In my opinion that couldn't be wolves. I hear many voices of dogs. Some sounds like smaller dogs with bright voice, some "normally", and there are also big dogs with deep voice barking. And - indeed - howling. But I believe, that wolves have another kind of howling.

Isn't hunting prohibited in spring and summer?

Now all is quiet.

Edit: At 22:01 again barking of a bigger dog. But now only from one dog and only once.
Edit 2: I am sorry, I was wrong. Barking goes on, but further away than before.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Leona, it´s hard to answer your question because there is no such place where to see where and when the hunting is going on. There is no hunting season just now except wild boars and raccoon dogs.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
leonia

Post by leonia »

Many thanks for all your answers. May be we will get some further information during the next days . . .

I remember the night years ago when we heard the wolves' pack in the boars cam . . . Some days later we heard that their prey was found not far away.

Boreal owl is already calling in the distance.
Lena101

Post by Lena101 »

This was definitvely dog barking and not the howling of wolfes.
"Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut , das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar.
"You can only see well with your heart, the essential things are invisible for your eyes. ( Antoine de St. Exupérie - der kleine Prinz)
loveofnature-ohio-us

Post by loveofnature-ohio-us »

I have been waiting for many months for the camera to be active on the black stock nest of Estonia.......and now it's over already. Maybe Tiina will come visit in the morning. I miss you beautiful Tiina. :cry: :cry: And, yes, I hope she has a peaceful stress free summer.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

April 23

04:50 The light is getting brighter and brighter, but there are no storks on the nest (or on the branches, as far as I can see).

(but .. there are sounds as though someone is close by, on a branch that is out of sight. In addition, the morning bird song can be heard.)
Mixi

Post by Mixi »

Good morning to all! :hi:

05:27

is it a egg?

"The most beautiful moments in life are that which you have to smile, when you think back on it."
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Mixi, I wondered also, but I think it is a feather
Mixi

Post by Mixi »

I hope it goes well Tiina
"The most beautiful moments in life are that which you have to smile, when you think back on it."
baska

Post by baska »

Good morning everybody! :wave:

Hello Mixi :hi:
Yesterday, I thought that, too. But look:
baska wrote: First I was shocked because I thought, this white thing in front of her might be an egg,
but while Tiina was tidying up, I could see that it was a feather....

Yesterday she lost a lot of white feathers.

This morning I don't know what to say. I'm so mixed up about this ongoing.....
I just hope Tiina is well and everything will develop positively.
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
leonia

Post by leonia »

Yesterday at night i thought I could hear Tiina preening (its a typical sound when they draw their feathers through their beak). And I think I can hear her now in the morning as well. May be she is standing on or above or behind the cam in the morning sun.

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”