Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011 ~ Tuuli & Remo

ame

Re: Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011.

Post by ame »

hello Vaino! :hi:
i suppose we must be pretty close to the end of the eagles' nest season as we are already in October after all. it's almost a miracle how well the battery+solarpanel system has survived this long. it has been a very reliable system indeed. :nod: thank you all who have been setting up this camera! :bow:

- so i wouldn't be surprised if we'd get the announcement that this camera is retiring for the winter any day now. - the Alataguse Forest camera has been off-line today, too, so i don't know what we are going to watch before the winter eagle feeding ground camera and the wild boar camera start. those will take a few more weeks i'm afraid.... there seems to be no hope for the seal camera restarting before the pig is removed from the seal island in any possible way.... oh dear, there will be grim cameraless days ahead of us... :slap:

at 20.16 the camera clicked again, trying to connect but of course it did not manage because it's pitch-black in the forest already. (i missed the 19.16-click as i was watching TV, but i suppose it clicked then, too.)

good night! :wave:
vaino

Post by vaino »

ame wrote:hello Vaino! :hi:
i suppose we must be pretty close to the end of the eagles' nest season as we are already in October after all. it's almost a miracle how well the battery+solarpanel system has survived this long. it has been a very reliable system indeed. :nod: thank you all who have been setting up this camera! :bow:

- so i wouldn't be surprised if we'd get the announcement that this camera is retiring for the winter any day now. - the Alataguse Forest camera has been off-line today, too, so i don't know what we are going to watch before the winter eagle feeding ground camera and the wild boar camera start. those will take a few more weeks i'm afraid.... there seems to be no hope for the seal camera restarting before the pig is removed from the seal island in any possible way.... oh dear, there will be grim cameraless days ahead of us... :slap:

at 20.16 the camera clicked again, trying to connect but of course it did not manage because it's pitch-black in the forest already. (i missed the 19.16-click as i was watching TV, but i suppose it clicked then, too.)

Thanks, Ame, I guess, we have to wait and see what develops. This is the transition period for wildlife -and cameras!!!

good night! :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

October 4th: good morning! :hi:
yesterday seems to repeat itself: at 10.16 the camera clkicked as it tried to re-connect, but once again it failed. also the Alataguse camera is off. :slap: i'm beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms... :shock: :whistling:

btw: i checked Pontu pictures from Sep 30th to see whether the marten would be seen there, but no: the marten has skipped Pontu camera totally. there's no sign of it there. Mutikluti was really lucky to capture it on the nest. :2thumbsup:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

You can try .../konnakotkas instead of .../tooni.
That cam system seems to be most durable...
The solar panels are there most open also.
ame

Post by ame »

i tried all the cameras listed on the EENET.EE main page but none of them was on, including karu, tooni and konnakotkas. i'm almost beginning to hope that winter will come soon...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I am also missing the cams, it is so quiet without them! Got so used to the noises, birds, wind ... :unsure:

I'm just looking if the cam turned on at all today, yesterday except for the clicks from time to time nothing happened.

And yes, Neo loads a few pictures! Around noon the cam worked a little bit! :wave: 13 pictures!

I'm not so unhappy if there is a lull now, there are things to be done, last week I had visitors from the US and work also is there!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

Oct 5th: good morning! :hi:

the camera clicked on at 10.16. :headroll:
there are alot of new fallen leaves in the nest. unfortunately i can't take and post pictures now...
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: Here is a pic of the leaf-buried nest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am up much, much too late reading google news & must turn off this computer & go to bed now! I just checked the cam again in the hope that it might be on finally, & it was; hooray, but now I do not dare to look too much or I will be up all night. So goodnight /good day, everyone. :offtobed: :wave:
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

thank you Kitty for the picture (and good night)! :wave:

the bear cam still seems to be disconnected. :unsure:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

More than 500 pictures today! It looks quite nice with all the leaves, but also a bit sad, without birds and all.

:wave:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

ame

Post by ame »

Oct 6th: hello! :hi:

seems to be a pictureless day today. it's past noon and the camera is off.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No pictures today! :unsure:

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

October 7 - 12:37
The cam is on, it is wind and autumn... :wave:
- the nest is covered with leaves, but the nettle is still standing :rolleyes:
vaino

Post by vaino »

Lussi05 wrote:October 7 - 12:37
The cam is on, it is wind and autumn... :wave:
- the nest is covered with leaves, but the nettle is still standing :rolleyes:
Lussi, good fall picture!
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

vaino wrote:
Thank you Vaino :hi:
ame

Post by ame »

what has happened to the lens? :puzzled:
there's fog or condensed humidity on the right side and sunny on the left side?

this reminds me of the WTE-nest camera's lens after the unfortunate bull's-eye poop-hit on June 12th last year. (viewtopic.php?p=74923#p74923 and a video of the shot is here: http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/7657)
the difference is that then the whole lens became evenly slushy and this is only partly.... :mrgreen:
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Right now I'm uploading all photos from this season to photobucket. So much nice memories :headroll:

Do you remember this? :innocent:

I'm stopped now on 18th of May. If you want to see all pictures I have done go here:
http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i43 ... 0pictures/

:whistling:
Bubo Bubo
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:mrgreen: That's funny, I am busy the last days to upload all the Pontu photos to the Photobucket account I made for the Black Stork nest (those Pontu photos are already all up there)! I thought it might be easier to look through them at Photobucket than at Mejuba, which is a bit petulant where certain functions are concerned, more for storage than for actual viewing. I am doing June 20 right now and sometimes I look through a couple of them, Tormi was soooooo cute! :loveshower:

:wave: nice to hear from you, Bubo, after so long!

Cam has not yet turned on today!

Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Bubo wrote:Right now I'm uploading all photos from this season to photobucket. So much nice memories :headroll:

Do you remember this?

I'm stopped now on 18th of May. If you want to see all pictures I have done go here:
http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i43 ... 0pictures/
Awwwww! Remo was so tender & faithful to Tuuli. He was a very good provider. :nod:
Felis silvestris wrote:. . . I am busy the last days to upload all the Pontu photos to the Photobucket . . . . I am doing June 20 right now and sometimes I look through a couple of them, Tormi was soooooo cute! :loveshower: . . .
Tormi was beautiful & so cute the way s/he behavied for us. I loved seeing the "hunting pine cone" game. :D Will we ever find out if Tormi was a girl or a boy?
Kitty KCMO
venegor

Post by venegor »

The nettle is blissfully happy

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”