Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by chicktrick »

Yoko wrote: This is done :)
Thank you! And thanks to everyone. <3
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... g&gi=stefi
ame

Post by ame »

August 28th :hi:
Felis has written the summary of events at all three LSE nests this season. it can be found here:
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/14357
the title of this news in Estonian reads: "Konnakotkaste kaamera lõpetuseks", i.e. "to end/finish" or "a conclusion" of the LSE cameras. the camera is off today and it may well be turned off for good so it is the end of the season. if i remember rigth this particular camera equipment has been at the siga feeding ground in the winters. quite soon it will be taken out from the nest tree for maintenance and hopefully it will be then installed at the siga ground.
(unless they get a whole new camera there...)

i took this picture yesterday evening when it was almost completely dark. the nettle in the foreground and the unidentified plant in the background can still be seen there. it's more difficult to see the new fresh spruce twigs which Tuuli and Remo brought on their last stay to decorate the nest as a confirmation of their ownership of the nest. they were looking forward to next spring and are planning to come back. :nod:
let's wish that they have a safe journey to Africa and back.
thank you all for the pictures and videos during this season! :shake:
AND last but not LEAST: thank you all people at Kotkaklubi and Eenet and others, who made it possible to us to follow the events here. :bow:
bye-bye till next spring! :wave:
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

I'm sorry to read the camera will be taken down for the season. I just love going there and remembering Stephi and her parents.

Thank you to everyone here for posting updates, pictures and sharing happy memories, as well as sad.

I hope this site will stay up as I find it comforting to come here......

I've lit a few more candles today and will continue to do so.

Hugs to all,
Crystal
chicktrick

Post by chicktrick »

Wishing Tuuli and Remo a safe journey and return. :loveshower:
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

Our hearts all beat in unison to this beautiful story, this moment of life with Tulli, Remo and Stephi ... Wonderful spring 2012, with the joys and sorrows and a dramatic late to the chick loved.
HOPE for 2013. We'll be there, do not you?

Thank all members, thank Forum, thank technicians and nature protectors.
Good day !
Yoko
Homedi

Post by Homedi »

08-29-12 16.24 nesttime
The cam at Stephis nest is again online...
Maybe they let it be on and we can see other animals on the nest.
Homedi
Pics, videos and live-cams at http://www.TheHomedi.de
Migration-map:
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=EN
Homedi

Post by Homedi »

I found 3 pics of my screenshot-collection with Stephi.
I copied them on 08-02-12, four days, before she died.
I was so excited, as I saw, how Stephi and her Mom were snuggling...
It was late evening and some minutes later dark, Mom just came to Stephi.

See and remember a lovely little Stephi and her Mom:

Migration-map:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I miss Stephi so very much and Tuuli and Remo. I will miss the nest so very much when the cam is off for the season.It is so amazing to have love for a nest and Eagles that come and live there and take care of their young.
Thank everyone who help's keep all this cam's up for us all to see into their world.Thank you all for the help and understand of this type of Eagle as here in the U.S.A. our Eagles are different. Thank everyone for the way awasome Pic and Video's that everyone shard thr the year.. I love you all. thank you. :gathering: we all will get together when the cam is back up next year and I can NOT wait.....
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

I will miss seeing the nest, just left the nest and it's so peaceful there, so nice to see Stephi's nest again. I also lit another candle and will do so every day. She is loved by sooo many from afar.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... g&gi=stefi

Hugs to all,
Crystal

:loveshower:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Even if the text for the camera end was posted already, it does not necessarily mean that it will be turned off immediately. The BS cam is also still on.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
aita

Post by aita »

Season 2009 forum last picture from nest 1 oktober (Black Stork nest then)
2010 Urmas Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010 October 8th, 2010, 6:24 am
Yesterday we with Joosep removed BS camera system from forest.
(it is Tuuli-Remo nest now)
Season 2011 Last picture in forum from nest 21 oktober. (LSE forum)

think that they are not yet the time to deal with cameras.
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

I am so sorry that the cam is shuting down. I loved visiting it just for the good memories of this wonderful family. There was a lot of people on this forum with great information and posted beautiful photos and I want to thank them for all their hard work. I am hoping that the forum will be left up so we can download photos, videos and information posted by others. I appreciate all the lovely photos and videos and would love to keep some of them. Does anyone know if they will keep the forum open so we can capture some of this info?
Homedi

Post by Homedi »

Good night folks... :wave:

Migration-map:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

wildflowers wrote:I am so sorry that the cam is shuting down. I loved visiting it just for the good memories of this wonderful family. There was a lot of people on this forum with great information and posted beautiful photos and I want to thank them for all their hard work. I am hoping that the forum will be left up so we can download photos, videos and information posted by others. I appreciate all the lovely photos and videos and would love to keep some of them. Does anyone know if they will keep the forum open so we can capture some of this info?
The thread will be closed, but it is possible to read in it any time, you just can't write anymore!
If you look here: viewforum.php?f=25 you find all threads from previous years! Most probably it will be shifted to this site, the archived threads: viewforum.php?f=44 until the next season starts, to make place for the winter topics.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

Thank you Felis for that great news ! I did not want to post anymore just have access to all the information and photos...You and Jo have been so much help this season in answering my questions, as I am a first time nest watcher and I have a lot to learn. I want to thank you both for making this site the best one of all and hope to see you back in the Spring.........
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

It all seems so final, now. :cry: Good bye, my Stephi. :cry:

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

I've came here to say a last goodbye to stephi: I will never forget you poor little thing, love you.

And even good luck Tuuli & Remo, have a good trip.

( Somebody knows whether our lovely eaglet was a male or female? :blush: )
...goodnight poor little thing
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

@Chimega

The poem, I heard many times, but seems so fitting here. Thank you for that. You have always posted lovely things and it has been appreciated by me. Ending all of this is so sad for me and I suspect it is for all of us who have followed this wonderful family. I have never loved a little eagle like I did this one. I loved her spunky personality and her deep love for her mother. It is a sad week for me. :cry:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

wildflowers wrote:@Chimega

The poem, I heard many times, but seems so fitting here. Thank you for that. You have always posted lovely things and it has been appreciated by me. Ending all of this is so sad for me and I suspect it is for all of us who have followed this wonderful family. I have never loved a little eagle like I did this one. I loved her spunky personality and her deep love for her mother. It is a sad week for me. :cry:
Hello wildflowers and everyone,
I loved little Stephi so much and I have never seen eagles that act like these. They are so very different from the eagles I am used to. I, too, loved the way Stephi and her mother interacted with each other and you could feel love between them. It is just so sad to know this thread will be archived and we can't post here about Stephi anymore. I know there is the Facebook group for her and I do post there but this just seems like the right place to post.

I have known the poem for a long, long time, and yes, it seems so very fitting here to me, too. It is like the woods are going to sleep, now, and goodbye and all. I am still crying for the loss of our beloved Stephi and the poem makes me cry but I guess that is good. One must get the sadness out of our systems and tears are a good way to do that. It still hurts, though. It hurts almost as bad as the day she was taken from us all. :cry:
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

@chimega

Beautiful words so well said by you..I think we are feeling alike...

I hate loosing all the contacts I have made on the three forums. Question...Is there a way or a chat we can continue to correspond thru the winter? I have no email addresses except on the forums but they are hidden so is there a way to communicate?

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”