Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Technical Questions

Post by Felis silvestris »

Yes, providers do such things, I am through this too, internet connection speed going down to rock bottoms after terminating the contract. It's just a mystery why specifically the LK cameras are affected. I hope with switching to the new provider it gets resolved.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
asteria

Post by asteria »

All the Estonian cams on one page:

http://pontu.eenet.ee/
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

asteria wrote:All the Estonian cams on one page:

Asteria, what about the link for the Pontu Multi Player, I have the old link but only 2 of 4 webcams are working, in the past there were 6 or more webcams playing.
Do you know of a new link?
Thank you, Cessie
ame

Post by ame »

i'm not sure if i understand what multiplayer you are thinking about, Cessie... :puzzled:

i think that the number of the camera windows in the Pontu.eenet.ee -link depends on the number of active cameras. in the summer there are many, and fewer in the winter. in the season change time (autumn and early spring) there may be grey windows because a camera is being moved from one place to the next and the stream is temporarily off.

does this answer your question in any way? :unsure:
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Thank you Ame!
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out! On the multi webcam link
I get the Buzzards nest and Mai&Mati's nest. The stork nest is there but not playing and one other video cam not playing. Those are the 4 webcams.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Cessie wrote:Thank you Ame!
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out! On the multi webcam link
I get the Buzzards nest and Mai&Mati's nest. The stork nest is there but not playing and one other video cam not playing. Those are the 4 webcams.
Cessie, look at the possibilities
http://www.eenet.ee/EENet/kaamerad.html
http://dabasdati.lv/en/kameras2016 (linked pictures in top)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIcQwg ... ity_view=6
http://www.schreiadler.org/buehne-frei-fuer-adler-tv/
There are more cams
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Hagnat, thank you so much for the links!
:thumbs:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I wanted to see the recorded mkv's from the Latvian WT Eagle of this afternoon and I saw there are only two videos there and no photo's of today. Why is that? It is very disappointing.
ame

Post by ame »

i have no idea... Liz has written in the Latvian topic that the stream has been choppy lately.
their system is new. maybe there are still some technical problems? :puzzled:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Where is the best place to ask these questions?
ame

Post by ame »

i don't quite know what would be a better place. :D
i sent a pm to Mr B and asked about the Latvian "Pontu" files. the videos also seem be very long. i asked him if they could be made shorter linke Pontu videos, which Techno-Urmas cahnged from 4 h to 3 h. that's the length which is still reasonably easily handled.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Maybe there are some technical difficulties. The recordings are not complete, also the photo archives have hours missing.
In this case it is not that important, hardly anything is happening (except when there is no recording...).
I also noted that the Merikotkas stream is streamed via Youtube now. Aita noted that the actual size of the pontu videos seems to increase while the length in time is the same :unsure:
viewtopic.php?p=472468#p472468
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

A question about the youtube links. I don't think this is only a mac problem so I'll post it also here.

Recently I have updated my iPhone to the latest IOS version (9.3.2). Since then some of the Youtube camera links I have bookmarked do not work anymore.: the time is 4 hours earlier. I have deleted my old bookmarks and tried to make new ones several times. As soon as they are bookmarked and I open them the time is 4 hours earlier. This is about the Latvian Black stork, Goshawk, Latvian Osprey. The new Stork webcam (Toonekurg) doesn't work at all on the iPhone, btw.
I can open the youtube links with youtube of course, but then I have to go back and forth between Youtube and Safari all the time, especially for the forums. That is unpractical and time consuming.
Now I don't think this is only a mac problem. There are many differences in the (availability) of links for these cams. The only links that work and have always worked on the iPhone are the Merikotkas links: both the iphone link and the pontu player html. link.
The Latvian WTE cam link works, but only the pontu player link.
For the other three (L. Black stork, Goshawk and L.Osprey) there is only a Youtube link available. These have the problem I mentioned above: when bookmarked the time is wrong. Now this could be an iPhone problem. But: the other cams have the youtube stream 'through' the pontu player link, that works. Is it possible to have that for the other cams as well? Could someone ask the technical people?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Yes, this one works! Thanks, Liz! :thumbs:
Why is this link not on the first page?
I have changed the name to vistu-vanags so now I also have the Goshawk. Only the Latvian Osprey doesn't work. That is the one I tried before by changing the name of the juras-erglis link to zivju-erglis. When nothing happened I thought someting was wrong. Still odd that the pontu link of the L. Osprey doesn't work, neither on the phone nor the computer.
So, problem solved for two/ thirds :shake: Well, there are already two Osprey cams, quite enough.

It would be great if the information on the pages was up to date and complete. It would save so much time.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Marfo, I found this information in Latvian Forum :shake:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Aha! Yes, I forgot, there is a lot of information there.
lispet

Post by lispet »

Hi,
can you recommend a good free photo host? I've been using Photobucket for years but now it does not work properly without paying monthly.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
lispet

Post by lispet »

Great! Thanks Juta!

Return to “Questions and Help”