Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Technical Questions

Post by Felis silvestris »

Congratulations, ame, I hope this was the reason and now you don't have to worry about cams and speed and doing things at the same time. Though the new kind of cameras need more working power from the PC.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Dima дима.

Post by Dima дима. »

and will work Webcams eagles feeding ??? :puzzled:
Bea

Post by Bea »

We have no news that another proper place for feeding (with possibilities for a camera) was found, after the old one could not be used any longer and was given up.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
4Pat

Post by 4Pat »

Hello.

How to get a lower video resolution with http://193.40.133.138/live/hirv/playlist.m3u8 ?
My internet line does not display the FullHD 1920 x 1080 resolution, video often stops.

EDIT: I use VLC for PC.

With link rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/hirv in VLC, I did not that sound and video.

Thank you.
This is my first message, it is perhaps not the right place :-/
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Hello and welcome to the forum 4Pat!
I have moved your question to "Technical questions" because the resizing of pictures applies to pictures inserted to forum posts rather than resizing VLC transmissions.
Do you use VLC on a PC or on a Mac (Apple)? If you open "Tools" and there "Preferences" you can check your settings. Ame made a very useful topic about how to set preferences in VLC here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=739 - maybe you find something useful there.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

ame

Post by ame »

in the VLC topic there aren't answers to 4Pat's question i'm afraid. i think that if you don't find answers in the VLC's settings then you should go to VLC's own pages and try to find there what you are looking for. the Videolan's help pages are unfortunately very complicated for someone like me for example who doesn't no the correct questions... one possibility of finding help may also be to write a "how do i..." -question on the search line of Google or some other search engine. this way i have sometimes found help in problems concerning VLC. usually there are other people, too, who have looked for help for the same problem that i've had. the problem in this search method is again to figure out the right question. i must say that i'm rather poor in this task.

i'm not even sure if downgrading the resolution of the reception of transmission is possible... :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

4Pat wrote:With link rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/hirv in VLC, I did not that sound and video.
Do you mean that you see the video, but have no sound? If so, I just had that too, when I installed VLC on a new PC. If this is your problem, take a look into: Tools / Preferences and there: Input/Codecs and look if it is set to: RTP over RTSP (TCP) and NOT to HTTP (default).

I have been looking around, I'm not sure if you can downgrade the HD resolution, but if you take out the tick at "Resize the interface to video size" the whole thing starts smaller. Sometimes transmission is a bit bumpy too.

ame

Post by ame »

On 24 Feb 2015, 09:50 Janne+Ais wrote:Hello everybody,
I have a problem: Since a few days I don't get emails anymore, when something new is written in one of the threads, which I subscribed. :faint:
What is wrong? Does anybody have the same problem? Who can help me? :help:
[color=#FF8000]On 24 Feb 2015, 09:53[/color] Felis silvestris wrote:Janne+Ais - there is a topic for technical problems where this is already addressed: viewtopic.php?f=81&p=361815#p361815
Janne+Ais wrote:Thank you very much, Felis!
And sorry, I didn't know that! :bow:
i've copied these posts from the Latvian WTE thread (and deleted them from there) because as Felis remarked they didn't actually belong there.

there has been something funny going on with the notification function of the forum in the pas few days. Felis has been trying to locate a cure for this. apparently the fix to this problem is still unknown.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

hm...yesterday the 3rd:
the Goshawk cam....
Strange it struck me that the time and the webcam will stop regularly to ..: 31 minutes past the hour. At least with the VLC player
here it was 11:31

and this morning at 6:31 again with the Buzzard and Osprey cam. :puzzled:
The sealcam no problem
Konny64

Post by Konny64 »

I`m not sure if I´m really right here,but since today I get this Notice when I try to watch the cams (each without the Käsmu-Cam)

The Flash Player is installed and was also checked

Any idea what could be the problem ? I also tested two different browser (Chrome and Maxthon)
wǒ bù zhīdào
I don`t know
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:hm...yesterday the 3rd:
the Goshawk cam....
Strange it struck me that the time and the webcam will stop regularly to ..: 31 minutes past the hour. At least with the VLC player
here it was 11:31

and this morning at 6:31 again with the Buzzard and Osprey cam. :puzzled:
The sealcam no problem
i have noticed the same thing in the Estonian WTE camera: the picture freezes. i have noticed that the freezing and stopping of the picture coincides with the ending of one Pontu video file and the start of recording of the next video. the Pontu videos are normally 4 hours long so this break should happen every 4 hours, not every 31 min past an hour. this is of course if there are no other breaks.

you might have a look in the Pontu archive if the stops which you notice are coincident with the restarts in the Pontu videos:
http://193.40.124.24/

i don't know how to avoid this stop. if i notice that my picture freezes at hh:31 then i just restart the stream. 8-)
ame

Post by ame »

Konny64 wrote:I`m not sure if I´m really right here,but since today I get this Notice when I try to watch the cams (each without the Käsmu-Cam)

[img http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/30469283/ ... 023130.jpg /img]
The Flash Player is installed and was also checked

Any idea what could be the problem ? I also tested two different browser (Chrome and Maxthon)
does it say "Sie haben kein Flash"? the picture is so dark that i can't see well..? :puzzled:

i have no idea what this is about. :slap:
is the problem still there?
anyone :help:
Konny64

Post by Konny64 »

does it say "Sie haben kein Flash"? the picture is so dark that i can't see well..? :puzzled:

Sorry for my late reply and yes that exactly said it. Now it works perfectly again.Unfortunately I have no idea where the problem was
wǒ bù zhīdào
I don`t know
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Sadly since few weeks have many problems to follow cams of LK. Cam is froozen (always circle) but can hear sound and have only few seconds to observe. In pics of course also circle to see. Other cams (around world) have no problems. Don't know what happens in meantime or what is going up there.
Gave up to follow cams here .... but miss it :cry: :help:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have no problems whatsoever, neither watching the cams by JWplayer (all of them), nor by VLC. Also not watching more than one cam at the same time, which is, with a slow connection, a problem.
Maybe you have a problem with you Internet connection? Do you have somebody who can check things for you, or can you do on your own? Speed of your connection, clear your caches etc.?

Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Felis, have checked all things but could not find out the problems. All other cams around the world are okay ... have only problems with cams of LK :cry:
Can't be Internet connection, other cams are working.
Delate all settings, cashes or what ever, nothing helps.
Of course I'm layman, but if all other cams works without problems ... hmm, so at first think, something in connection of LK cams have changed
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have not heard any complaints so far, and I myself have no problems either. Which player do you use to watch the cams?

Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Öhm Felis ... good question :blush:
Think it's normal media player via win 7 and there is all up to date ... watch all cams about this ... sadly I'm helpless in all technic things :blush:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Try this: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/hiireviu.html if it works correct, and don't allow it to open in media player (I think I have not used one since 15 years, too finicky and faulty). Let it open in your browser.
Otherwise, far more comfortable I find using VLC player. One can record and make screen shots without having to use another application for it.

Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Felis, have tried it also, but no difference.
Tried another brower, seems today a bit better ... maybe it's my "old" provider ... but it don't let me go.
Today try it over Firefox and it seems much better.
Grrrrr... don't not what to say ... maybe it's my provider. Although they wanted to denounce me to the end of March, when I have no announcement to another contract from me until then ... disagrees,
and from the contract I was not released. Maybe suddenly now have so many problems.
So sad, but must have to waiting, what or how many cams will allow me to observe ... hmm, but don't understand, only all Cams of LK give me so many problems :puzzled:

Return to “Questions and Help”