Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

IceAge

Re: Technical Questions

Post by IceAge »

Hello :hi: ,

is there no forum for the Metskitsekaamera ?
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
mogga

Post by mogga »

:hi:
This will probably have been asked (and answered) several times, but I don't know where.

I can't watch some pictures, but see this:

For important info, please go to:
http://www.photobucket.com/P500

Before I now go to photobucket.com/P500: Do I really find there the solution to quickly solve this problem?
ame

Post by ame »

hi mogga!
there's no way to solve this problem. -or there is but that would require an enormous amount of money to give to the Bucket. the Bucket suddenly changed their terms so that now they want a fee of 400 $ per year to allow "3rd party hosting" of pictures in web sites like ours. that's a ridiculous demand: it's more than a dollar per day! every year! and who knows what they'll come up with next. :slap:

this is a world-wide problem. Bucket's new policy ruined thousands of forums and blogs etc. by replacing people's pictures with their announcement picture. ... i don't even want to think how many hours of my work they annihilated in a turn of a hand. :unsure: there's no way i can even think of replacing my pictures in this forum. and i'm not the only one. there are certainly thousands of other people who have made more important things than this with their pictures. now all is gone. :faint:

if you want to read more about this event you can go and visit the Bucket's Facebook pages. there are hundreds of angry people's comments about this trick they made.
https://fi-fi.facebook.com/photobucket/
mogga

Post by mogga »

Oh, I see, thank you ame for your reply!
A difficult situation for numberless people and web pages.
So now thousands of people will avoid Bucket and change over to free providers. If that was a good decision they took...? :shock:
spatz

Post by spatz »

:hi:
please do not forget the settings for flash player. THANK YOU
laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

:help: can anyone help please?
i can't get kulgur webcam to open - but everything else works. I can open the roe deer cam through the looduskalender page and the white tailed eagles cam on you tube, I can post things but - when i open the kulgur cam this is the image that happens (it stays like this):

i have installed flash player - it made no difference
Also - no-one else on the page seems to have this problem (I asked - but admittedly, there're not many people watching/posting on the page, so it might be looduskalender end....)

Can anyone advise?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

If you watch within your browser, you may want to try out this address: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kulgur.html
The other one you use opens without problems here too, but maybe you have changed settings which prevent the opening? Without knowing what browser and settings you use, it is difficult to say. Maybe you have a look into your browser settings and clear your cache?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I see you use Firefox. There was a major update recently. Maybe that caused it? Maybe you could try another browser to see where the problem lies.
laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

Thank you Felis silvestre and Marfo

the problem is solved by using this other link - thanks felis
and Marfo yes, re mozilla update - i also got a delayed windows update at the same time - the double wammy :mrgreen:

:2thumbsup:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Glad it is solved!
I know what you mean, I just spent days solving several issues after an osx update... :faint:
Time I would rather have spent on more pleasant things :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

i have a 'technical problem'. i tried to upload the usual set of videos to the Tube yesterday evening. the last videos were rejected. i got the error message which said that the upload failed because i have uploaded too many videos in a short time recently. they said i should wait.

this was new. i have uploaded much more videos earlier in a day. i always upload a lot, every day. i estimated that i upload about a gigabyte of video per day. that's about an hour of video. it's in several pieces, about 30 - 40 clips.
(i had a sample of two days so it is not quite statistically reliable :mrgreen: )

is that a lot suddenly? they haven't had limits earlier, have they?
have you had similar problems? :dunno:

i mainly use the Tube as a cloud service for making back-ups of my videos. as a side product i post a part of the videos here.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:puzzled:
That's really weird.
No, I have not had any problems with that. Yet.
ame

Post by ame »

also last summer i had problems with uploading videos. then the error message said that there was something wrong with the videos, the format was wrong or something. after much trying i found out that the problem was with Firefox, not with the Youtube or the videos. i have rebooted Firefox a few time times but the problem remains. i think i have to reboot the computer and see if that helps.

nope. it didn't help. i'll reboot the computer and the router.

that didn't help either. this is strange. :dunno:

edit: i think i found some sort of an answer.
https://support.google.com/youtube/foru ... V0RF-IDAAJ

i uploaded yesterday two days worth of videos, 73 videos which take 1.732 Gbytes. that was apparently too much. :slap:
i'll just have to wait.... :faint:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:puzzled: :cry: :whistling:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: April 4th, 2019, 10:14 am edit: i think i found some sort of an answer.
https://support.google.com/youtube/foru ... V0RF-IDAAJ

i uploaded yesterday two days worth of videos, 73 videos which take 1.732 Gbytes. that was apparently too much. :slap:
i'll just have to wait.... :faint:
It is clear, it because of spammers.
You need just to unite some rollers that the quantity was less. Volume does not matter. I loaded during a day of 10GB of video. Any restrictions as it is no more than 20 rollers.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I'm not sure, if it is the right thread.
I was looking for a free solution to download youtube videos and save them on the PC.
It's about making videos available. It does not work by email. The files are too big. Dropbox and onedrive are not bad, but limited in data volume.
Dropbox provides only 2 gigabytes of data volume. Onedrive (Microsoft) 5 giga. Both are a bit exhausting, because the data upload takes a long time. And 2 Giga is very little!

With this online tool - it's free - you can download the videos in the format you want. There is no quality loss.
So now, anyone who needs a video can download. In this case it's about the nestauration at the Latvian Black Stork nest.
The reason is that videos should be available offline. Not for me, but for those who use these videos as information material.

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/en ... -converter

manual: https://www.heise.de/tipps-tricks/Youtu ... 31676.html

It's a easy thing :D
Biker

Post by Biker »

here another possibility viewtopic.php?p=643788#p643788
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Cax

Post by Cax »

Hallo everyone!

I was wondering, is there any virus that replicates here especially in this subforum and sends itself to unspecified members. At first I thaught it came to me by mistake and sent back and to the rightful owner, and this morning I got many answers from people I didn't send it to, so please don't answer and don't send it forward.
:bash:
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Cax wrote: July 14th, 2019, 10:16 am Hallo everyone!

I was wondering, is there any virus that replicates here especially in this subforum and sends itself to unspecified members. At first I thaught it came to me by mistake and sent back and to the rightful owner, and this morning I got many answers from people I didn't send it to, so please don't answer and don't send it forward.
:bash:
It is not a virus. To you the letter from the new participant of a forum came. This letter came to all participants of a forum. :mrgreen: Tatiana60 appointed the addressee not only one person and and all registered users. Probably by inexperience.
I received your letter to Tatiana because everyone is the addressee. This letter came to everyone. Someone decided to answer you.

Return to “Questions and Help”