Moderator: ame

edziks111

Re: Questions

Post by edziks111 »

why i cant put photos :cry:
Olga

Post by Olga »

edziks111 wrote:why i cant put photos :cry:
Hi edziks. :wave: It is not possible to put 'Attachments' (the former way to add pictures) for now. They take too much space. Look here:

Disabled attachment function for now.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93

Adding images

viewtopic.php?p=24142#p24142

Someone will help you how to add images in new different way, if you need advice.
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
sunnygirl

Post by sunnygirl »

Jo UK wrote:Not missed at all - webmaster has carefully saved them to disc or his own computer, awaiting a brighter future. We will get them back.
Thank you ! Nice to know :D
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Has anyone used Internet Explorer 8 yet?
Any advantages?
Any disadvantages?

I see that it offers an add-on of a translator!
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Jo UK wrote:Has anyone used Internet Explorer 8 yet?
Any advantages?
Any disadvantages?

I used it and came back again to IE 7. It memorizes passwords and uses the same on different pages (for instance with gmail, I have several names because of the blogs and it was crazy because I had to logoff to go from one to another).
And is a beta version so "official" pages, banks for instance, don't accept it.
Be Natural
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks for the information, garina
Alakai

Post by Alakai »

Jo UK wrote:Has anyone used Internet Explorer 8 yet?
Any advantages?
Any disadvantages?

As a official Betatester from Microsoft i would say to all forum members,check out the homepage of IE8;)

If there are some problems with add-ins or related to that,it meens that they have no update's yet to get simmilar with IE8,you can try to return to IE7 with one click ( look at the top of your browser ) if it doesn't work ( Example: Add-in HP webprinting doesn't support IE8,they are working at it )
unp

Post by unp »

As I understand, IE8 is final rather than beta or a release candidate since March 19. Strangely though, it is not included in the automatic update (like was the case with IE6 to IE7 or WMP 10 to WMP 11 if I'm not mistaken, at least I don't remember having to manually download them) but a manual installation is recommended.

I tried that and what I finally got was the old familiar IE7 and a 'troubleshooting' shortcut on my desktop. The shortcut took me to the MS site where several reasons for the failure were given. The suggested remedies were to modify IE7 settings, turn off or whatever the firewall, etc. An unusual approach. Normally, you are told to uninstall the old version of an application before installing the new one or to just install the new version that will replace the old version and inherit all of its settings, preferences, etc. (in individual cases, some old plug-ins or add-ons may be lost/rendered unworkable).

Reviewers say that IE8 is better than IE7. But I'd expect a final product to install without much trouble or thought on any (Windows) OS. So it's either still a raw product or :puzzled: .
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks, unp.

I think I will wait a while!
Alakai

Post by Alakai »

unp wrote:As I understand, IE8 is final rather than beta or a release candidate since March 19. Strangely though, it is not included in the automatic update (like was the case with IE6 to IE7 or WMP 10 to WMP 11 if I'm not mistaken, at least I don't remember having to manually download them) but a manual installation is recommended.

I tried that and what I finally got was the old familiar IE7 and a 'troubleshooting' shortcut on my desktop. The shortcut took me to the MS site where several reasons for the failure were given. The suggested remedies were to modify IE7 settings, turn off or whatever the firewall, etc. An unusual approach. Normally, you are told to uninstall the old version of an application before installing the new one or to just install the new version that will replace the old version and inherit all of its settings, preferences, etc. (in individual cases, some old plug-ins or add-ons may be lost/rendered unworkable).

Reviewers say that IE8 is better than IE7. But I'd expect a final product to install without much trouble or thought on any (Windows) OS. So it's either still a raw product or :puzzled: .
Like i said before,it's not a problem from microsoft..we are finished with all issues from backspage,it depents how fast other developers come with a update.. i use IE8 from the beginning and i have really no problems with it.
Edit:
(in individual cases, some old plug-ins or add-ons may be lost/rendered unworkable).
They are working on it..;)
unp

Post by unp »

Alakai wrote: Like i said before,it's not a problem from microsoft..we are finished with all issues from backspage,it depents how fast other developers come with a update.. i use IE8 from the beginning and i have really no problems with it.
Edit:
(in individual cases, some old plug-ins or add-ons may be lost/rendered unworkable).
They are working on it..;)
Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I have to say that (1) I'm not trying to say anything against or for MS as a company or a developer; (2) I use a legally acquired copy of Windows; (3) I normally have no problems whatsoever with installing or running programs (MS or not) that I need to use. As concerns browsers, I've installed and tried many of them without any troubles. Funny enough, despite that I'm still using IE7 as my main browser because it has a nice feature others don't seem to have (at least at the time I tried them) - it remembers the language settings for each tab so you don't have to switch the keyboard layout every time you need a different language in a different tab. I can live on with IE7 as I can live on with XP.

Unfortunately, your post does not explain why MS have chosen such an unusual approach (you can see what I mean by unusual from my previous post -- I can only add that if developers expect any problems with the firewall or antivirus they warn you to disable them for the installation BEFORE it is started, not AFTER it has failed.) On the other hand, as a tester you don't have to explain what developers think when they write codes.

And, sorry, I don't see how other developers can help an MS product (IE8) install on a supported MS OS (XP SP3). I'm sincerely puzzled.

ETA:
I decided to read the IE8 troubleshooting guide again (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220) and found some perplexing details.

(To remind, the final release of IE8 was announced on March 19.) The support page says "Article ID: 949220 - Last Review: March 31, 2009 - Revision: 16.0" (in the upper left corner of the page). By scrolling down almost to the end of the page, you will see "APPLIES TO: Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta".

I happened to download IE8 (IE8-Windows XP-x86-RUS.exe, file version 6.3.15.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/intern ... sites.aspx) and try to install it on April 1. (Should I have chosen a different date?)

That leaves two possibilities: (1) I downloaded a beta from the MS site almost two weeks after the final version was released; (2) the final release behaves like a beta.
kenny

Post by kenny »

Jo UK wrote:Kenny, that is a wonderful piece of film!
The nerve of that magpie, or should I say - the courage?

So, tell us, how do you just happen to have been recording at that time? What do you use for movie making or video capture?
i had the Eagle camera open in Real-player all time, so i could take still-shots of whenever something was going on in the nest, to post them.
Usually i don't take still-photos because Mutikluti has that covered pretty good but today i did to keep consistency.

But during feeding/cleaning or whenever the eagle kids do something cool (anything besides sleeping >.<), i record the video from live stream (Real10 has an option of recording) and that Magpie flew over just after the family ate, so i had the video still recording and since Linda started to make noises i saw something was going on.

thing is, i wanted to keep an eye on Black Stork camera as well (Padis visited ) but Real-player can't have two live streams going :puzzled:
so i have Real player for Eagle cam, Windows media player fro Storks and gee if the Spotted eagles have their kids, i need to find a third media player which would allow me to watch 3 live streams simultaneously :shock:
i also have Debutt video capture with which i can record video from the whole screen, so i could theoretically record videos from three cameras :whistling:
im a computer/internet addict :blush:
so far my favorites are the White tailed eagles!!!

PS. this should be probably in the tech-questions-forum but why does the video stream early in the morning hang and freeze more often? eg. right after the sunrise at about 5.20 the live-stream is very choppy and freezes for 1-2sek. but after a while at about 6.30 the video flow is fine.
is it because the camera adjusts the picture according to the changes in the light (sunrise) and that slows down the connection or is it just my internet who is sleepy in the morning.
kenny

Post by kenny »

soory, there is a mistake in my previous post, it is RealPlayer version 11 not 10
it is available here for - Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later, Vista:
http://uk.real.com/realplayer/

for anyone who wants to record live streaming videos of Eagles and Storks and other cool animals we have here :headroll: :headroll: :headroll:

Debut video recorder (records video from the screen , no capture card necessary)

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
also can take still shots from certain video players ( not all tho )

If anyone has some recommendations or ideas for better recording set up, all advice is welcome :thumbs:
----- White-tailed Eagles Cam2010 playlist --
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... ield=added

----- White-tailed Eagles Cam2009 playlist --
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... ield=added
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

kenny wrote:PS. this should be probably in the tech-questions-forum but why does the video stream early in the morning hang and freeze more often? eg. right after the sunrise at about 5.20 the live-stream is very choppy and freezes for 1-2sek. but after a while at about 6.30 the video flow is fine.
is it because the camera adjusts the picture according to the changes in the light (sunrise) and that slows down the connection or is it just my internet who is sleepy in the morning.
I observe the same hang-up early in the morning. I think it must be solar related, not personal computer related.
Knallfroesch

Post by Knallfroesch »

Hello :wave:

Is ist possible to know, what traffic about the German translated sites developes?
But also the traffic of sides other languages would be interesting.

:hi: Knallfroesch

I have passed your question on to webmaster. Let's hope he can answer.
unp

Post by unp »

As I remember, Alexa's figures for users from various countries were as follows:
- mid-March and earlier: Estonia fluctuating around 40%; Russia, around 20%; Spain 8-9%; Germany 7-8%; UK, Czech R., Poland, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Latvia 3-6% each (going up and down within/leaving and entering this range - sorry if some country is omitted);
- mid-May: Estonia, around 40%; Germany, around 20%; Russia, around 10%; UK, 5-6%; Hungary, Spain, Poland, Latvia, Czech R., 3-5% each.
Current status: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/looduskalender.ee (scroll down page).

"Alexa ranks sites based on tracking information of users of its Alexa Toolbar for Internet Explorer and from integrated sidebars in Mozilla and Netscape.
"There is some controversy over how representative Alexa's user base is of typical Internet behavior. If Alexa's user base is a fair statistical sample of the Internet user population (e.g., a random sample of sufficient size), Alexa's ranking should be quite accurate. In reality, not much is known about the sample and possible sampling biases." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_Internet - the section on Spyware is a must for anyone thinking about downloading and installing the Alexa toolbar).
However, Alexa ranks are widely used by web analysts to assess trends, sites' popularity, etc.

Gut gemacht!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Knallfroesch wrote:Hello :wave:

Is ist possible to know, what traffic about the German translated sites developes?

Knallfroesch, I am sorry to say there has been no reply to my e-mail.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Knallfroesch wrote:Hello :wave:

Information about site traffic.

Pages containing /DE (german) are visited 11578 times last 30 days and /EN (english) pages 202 300 times. Russian pages have 123 770 visits.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

a question to fraps users:
All the my fraps took the pics without a frame. I didn´t have to cut away anything. Here´s an example:

Now fraps leaves the frame and I have to cut it away. It looks like that now:

Can anybody explain why? And how could I change that? :puzzled:

Thanks!!! :bow:
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

sorry Ricky, i have absolutely no idea!
i have seen some members take such pics, but why? :puzzled: never happened to me :shock:
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)

Return to “Questions and Help”