Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Liz01

Re: Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

Post by Liz01 »

Step 4:

Step 5: delete the youtube file.

This is for anyone who does not want to use Potplayer.
Unfortunately I can not offer the finished file here. So it only remains to do one yourself or send it by email.
You can of course wait, until there is an update. But that can take a long time with VLC.
Ploughboy

Post by Ploughboy »

Icecream Screen Recorder is a tool that enables you to capture any area of your screen either as a screenshot or a video file.

https://icecreamapps.com/Screen-Recorder/
ame

Post by ame »

thank you Ploughboy! :thumbs:

i see that the recording time is limited to 5 min in the free version. this program is therefore suited for continuous recording which i need. :unsure:
Biker

Post by Biker »

sometimes vlc player, which a few of us still use for recording live streams, doesn't work with some protocols.
here a link to a discussion about how to get him to do nonetheless.

Black Stork Nests in Europe

viewtopic.php?p=635145#p635145

›a detour with "livestreamer" to hand the stream over to vlc is a solution‹

or a record without vlc, direct with livestreamer is also possible.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:05 pm I did it! potplayer works for me 64x again!

1. You have to copy two files in the 32 bit version and place them in a separate folder. Own files or similar!
that way: copy the file "MediaPlayParse - YouTube.as" from the 32bit beta .exe

these are the files

Path:C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Extention\Media\PlayParse (should be in Programs x86)

2. Uninstall potplayer 32 bit

3. Install the newest potplayer version 64 bit.

4. and copied the files (two youtube files) C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Extention\Media\PlayParse which allows me to carry on using the 64bit version.

this version you find in path C:\programs\Daum..... see above!

I hope it's understandable?
On this way files are. But from what they are versions? I have both a 32-bit version and 64-bit. Whose it is files and where to place them?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: March 13th, 2019, 10:46 am On this way files are. But from what they are versions? I have both a 32-bit version and 64-bit. Whose it is files and where to place them?
It does not matter which version. The main thing is this file. It has to be replaced, then it runs stable. I have the 64 bit version again.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: March 13th, 2019, 10:48 am It does not matter which version. The main thing is this file. It has to be replaced, then it runs stable. I have the 64 bit version again.
You write, to take the file from the 32-bit version and to insert into 64-bit. And if it only one, what sense to take and to insert it back? There have to be two files that to insert one instead of another.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: March 13th, 2019, 10:54 am You write, to take the file from the 32-bit version and to insert into 64-bit. And if it only one, what sense to take and to insert it back? There have to be two files that to insert one instead of another.
use the 64 Bit version 1.7.16291 and if you like, give me you'r mail adres per pm. I will send you the files. Then try it.It works fine for me.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: March 13th, 2019, 10:56 am use the 64 Bit version 1.7.16291 and if you like, give me you'r mail adres per pm. I will send you the files. Then try it.It works fine for me.
At me the 32-bit version opened YouTube of the address till today's morning, 64-bit did not open. And file one. I will write the mail to personal messages.
ame

Post by ame »

thank you for bringing this discussion here! :2thumbsup:
Abigyl complained a little about the JE topic being filled with technical stuff.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz, thanks! In the 32-bit version earned, in 64-bit doesn't work. :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: March 13th, 2019, 12:09 pm Liz, thanks! In the 32-bit version earned, in 64-bit doesn't work. :mrgreen:
Good that it works at all :2thumbsup:

It's just about the two files. I think it does not matter in which version they are inserted? I dont know!

My VLC Version 3.06.6 Vetinari
visit

Post by visit »

Hello,

and thank you, ame, for the good vlc-description. Once, I used this program before but not any more for a long time. So now I can record, too :wave:

visit

ps: Is it only possible to upload a video in the forum by having it uploaded in utube ?
I would like to avoid an account there - so I wonder which are other possibilities ?
ame

Post by ame »

hello visit!
i' so sorry that i didn't notice your question earlier! :slap: :blush:

it's not possible to add videos or pictures directly in the posts, as attachments. you will have get an account at some hosting service. there are other services than Youtube (i think).
ame

Post by ame »

Liz, a curious thing happened this morning. i opened another Potplayer while i was recording with another (which i had paused for some time). i wanted to start recoding live stream with the second but instead it opened with stream at about 3 hours back in time. i was happy because at that time my recording was missing! :laugh:

it came to my mind that it should be possible to open the Tube stream at some point in time earlier than "live", like 5 hours earlier than present time. after all the stream is available 12 hours now.
i'd like to repeat my "accident" with the stream. do you have any idea how this could be done?
for example today my recording was frozen at 2:36. i'd like to re-record from delayed stream starting from there till 4:56. - can you understand what i'm trying to say?
Liz01 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 9:56 am I understand ame, but I have to think about that .. after breakfast :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: June 15th, 2019, 10:31 am .......
it came to my mind that it should be possible to open the Tube stream at some point in time earlier than "live", like 5 hours earlier than present time. after all the stream is available 12 hours now.
I have to wait for the download. It may be that I have a solution. But none that I can offer directly in VLC or Potplayer. Just a download

7:42 this morning the download starts.. so you would have 4 hours delay
It is a free solution! Maybe there will be more hours if you take a pay version :mrgreen:

please use this link..it free of virus and without spam
https://www.malavida.com/de/soft/youtube-by-click/#gref

I think you can choose your language. Or English. I'm just downloading from Jurar Erglis .. I can not get into the settings. I know it is in many languages available.

It is very easy.
You have to chose MP3 or MP4 - we need mp4 - video
choose your folder
The video quality is available in 3 levels. I have chosen the highest :whistling: that's why I have to wait
put the youtube link in the field

ame, thank you for forcing me to think about it. :2thumbsup: I hate to record videos with the screen recorder

https://www.youtubebyclick.com/where-do ... -saved.php

The question is, how do I finish the download? :puzzled:
EDIT: Answer to the question!
after you have download the video, you can stop the download anytime! you just have to rename the video. Then it is saved forever. unless you want to delete it.
I'm very happy with the program. For me it is a little Archive like the Estonian Archive. Above all, I have the original file.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: June 15th, 2019, 10:31 am Liz, a curious thing happened this morning. i opened another Potplayer while i was recording with another (which i had paused for some time). i wanted to start recoding live stream with the second but instead it opened with stream at about 3 hours back in time. i was happy because at that time my recording was missing! :laugh:
I wrote about such cases several times, you remember?
Even more time I didn't write when it happened.
Purposely it can't be made. It is failure.
Besides, in any second the player can switch to real time. It isn't reliable.
Liz the good fellow that looks for other ways. :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

It works :headroll:

I did not know how to finish the download. I finished the program. Please do not cancel the download. I have press the Pause button , Then I just close the program. Thereafter I have a video file and can work with it. You can cancel the program after one hour or four hours.

I have a file from 7:42 - 12:49 :mrgreen:

You can choose your language in the program.. english

If you want to be sure that the file is not lost, make a copy of your video file in your folder and open it. Then you will see if everything is OK.
I think when you start, it starts four hours back. But that's a guess. I have not look at the clock.
EDIT: It starts exactly 4 hours back -
I'm currently recording must-toonekurg. I want to see if the disruptions have an impact. It looks like the interruptions are not a problem.
Of course, when a new stream starts, it's over ..
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: June 15th, 2019, 12:35 pm ..
Liz the good fellow that looks for other ways. :2thumbsup:
and finds :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

It works to save the files. It is possible in this way:
Just do not delete the download file in the program. (If you do not need them anymore, you can delete them)
I have must-tooekurg download stopped - with break
after that I restarted the computer. The file is available.
The question is, what happens if I press to continue the download? Does the program continue where I stopped or 4 hours back?
The Answer-the donwload is complete

So, now the next question is what happens if I delete the file in the program, if the download is completed
Answer, the file is still on my hard drive.

You can also start a new download with the same link.
That means you can interrupt when you have data the you need.

The whole thing is very easy for me. I could not find another solution.

Neither Potplayer nor VLC have the option to start the stream 4 or 12 hours back
It is not necessary. because the programs would need to have the data available. That is, they would have to have a download function for the direct stream and a corresponding buffer. That does not exist with both.
So you can do it this way, if you want to have the original file.

2019-06-16 EDIT: If you continue the download the next day, it starts 4 hours back. That means, you can not continue where you left off.

Return to “Questions and Help”