Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

visit

Re: Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

Post by visit »

that should mean left to [OK]-button :)

But *BINGO* you got it ! :2thumbsup:
My version was 3.0.6 Vetinari, now it is 3.0.8 Vetinari and it worked immediately :shake:

Thank you very much for your help, ame ! :))

visit :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

i'm happy to be of help, visit! :laugh:
visit

Post by visit »

ame, after the good experience of updating 6 to 8, i was to hasty and accepted the offer to update to 10 - but the version 10 is obviously not able to open/show a m3u8 hyperlink correctly :(
don't change a running system ;)
so in the end i uninstalled 10 and installed 8 again :)

my hope was that with 10 it would have been possible to go back in the time while viewing a hyperlink - like on youtube. but that wasn't possible.
or do you know a possibility to do it in VLC like on youtube ?
than i would like to store the part where Karl is behaving like a youngster.

visit :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

not all updates are good updates. :rolleyes:

i don't know any other way to record delayed stream other than recording from screen. that can be done with Potplayer, too. (i don't know can it be done with VLC).
with Potplayer:
- open the YT-stream and make the picture area as large as possible (i have a TV set as second display and i use that. on the normal one screen this is difficult). then force picture quality to highest.
- start any video with P-player and then stop playing it. press ctrl-s and a recording window will appear on the screen. move and resize the window to a suitable size on the YT-screen picture.
- then press alt-c to open recording settings in P-player. select a name and destination folder for the video video you are about to record. make sure that no extra sound sources are abled in the computer. then start recording and click play on the YT-stream. then everything that happens in the recording window will be recorded.

writing the video on the disk is a rather heavy process, at least for my pc. it's so busy that it usually cannot record and write live stream (muted) at the same time without the YT stream beginning to freeze and buffer. therefore i have to pause the live recording on the the other P-player for the time i record from screen. during the pause the P-player will buffer stream and when restarted it will continue writing the video to the file without breaks. this works if the pause is not longer than 10 min. sometimes the limit is shorter so one has to be careful. then the recording will not be 'live' any more. if you want to have live stream on the P-player again you have to open a new player and start recording with live stream with that. at the same time continue recording with the first player till it reaches the start time of the second player. (make a note of the start time with a pencil on some piece of paper!). during the time two P-players are recording it's usually not possible to do much anything else. the pc is too busy.

did this sound complicated? it is. that's why i hate if my live recording has failed and i have to record delayed stream from the screen. 8-)
hubby usually helps by recording live stream to external disk with his computer while i make the recordings from the screen with my pc.
visit

Post by visit »

Hello ame :wave:

i'm sorry, that it took some days until i can answer.

yes, not every updates are recommendable - but in many cases you know it only afterwards, not before :D

thank you very much for your description concerning potplayer and despite you explaind it fine i think it's really a little complicated ;)
i remained having a look to potplayer many months ago and that it had not convinced me. but i looked again in the internet and read about it. somewhere a critisicm refered to the security of potplayer. anyway in the end i decided again against it although it sounds nice what is possible with it.
(a friend uses magix - but i don't know that program and i'm not sure how it works with recording a live cam whether it is possible or not and at first look it is not for free, bad too.) so at the moment i don't know another alternative.

at the moment my pc became less quick as usual too. so i had to solve this problem and try to keep that as it works now. i remember last year that recording a video of the live stream in vlc was no problem (of course the space of the disk...) but always while uploading all the other programs expecially the forum didn't work any more during the time of the upload. this year i had tried it again and had no problems. nice surprise :)

wish you a very nice Sunday !
visit
visit

Post by visit »

Hello together,

just a question to check:
are you able to watch the Hungarian BS in the VLC or is it not working on your pc, too ?
I thought i got it but now it doesn't work.

link from the forum:
>> http://gemenczrt.hu/media/feketegolya-feszek/

and there you can find this link:
>> https://player-infocam.infornax.hu/?cam ... 038;mute=0

:bash:
Biker

Post by Biker »

:hi:
in previous years this hungarian URL worked with vlc but current not.
no idea why. Two alternatives for record i use: from the comand line with "ffmpeg" or with "livestreamer".
i watch the livestream in the browser. or the recorded file with vlc or another player - possible to watch at the same time while recording.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
visit

Post by visit »

Hello Biker :wave:

Thank you - so i'm not alone with this problem and it is normal that it doesn't work.
Pity.

ffmpeg or livestreamer - interessting, thank you.
but i think again one more player is too much at the moment.
despite of recording the screen (what i see) is surely something i'm interessted in... *perhaps later.

wish you a nice day with many storks ;)
visit
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

visit wrote: May 13th, 2020, 3:22 pm .........
are you able to watch the Hungarian BS in the VLC or is it not working on your pc, too ?
I thought i got it but now it doesn't work.
It no longer works since they have another provider. He has multiple cameras. It is similar to hdontap cameras. The addresses of the cameras are different, but not one of them works.
it didn't work last year either, It worked in 2018.
Biker

Post by Biker »

it doesn't matter anymore, but: without a doubt, this Hungarian address still worked with Vlc in 2019. I had recorded several clips with it.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
visit

Post by visit »

Hello Liz :wave: , hello Biker :wave:

Thank you for the information :)

Oh, Biker, for me it does matter ;) because i would have liked to record some clips.
But perhaps it is better this way, maybe otherwise i would record too much ;)
Floppy Fish

Post by Floppy Fish »

Not sure if this is the right thread. I didn't find a "taking snapshots from webcams" thread, so I'll post it here.

In Firefox, either right clicking twice (once will bring up youtube's menu, twice will bring up Firefox's menu), or shift+right clicking, will bring up this menu. From there you can save a snapshot as an image:

If you're watching a 1080p stream on youtube, it will download a 1920x1080 jpg image even if you're not usingsuch a high resolution (my resolution is 1680x1050).

For editing I use paint.net (https://www.getpaint.net/) which is free and almost as easy to use as Microsoft Paint (but has a lot more useful features etc.)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Liz01 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 12:11 pm ...........
Youtube Byclick
7:42 this morning the download starts.. so you would have 4 hours delay .........
It does not work anymore :cry:

Support:
Thank you for purchasing YouTube By Click.
Unfortunately, YouTube changed the way the store the stream in their site.
The beginning of the stream is no longer available (Only when the live is finished).

me
Apr 14, 15:14 EEST
Thanks for the answer.
Will you find a way to adapt the software to the changed conditions?

Support:
That depends on YouTube.
As long as they are using their new way - we can't
Hurra!!! :headroll: :headroll: I spent 10 days with the support. I've every change tested. Now it works again. in a different way than before, but it works! I can download the original file again - 4 hours back. :2thumbsup: :bow:
ame

Post by ame »

congratulations Liz! :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: June 7th, 2020, 4:03 pm congratulations Liz! :2thumbsup:
thanks :D I don't like the screen recordings so much. If you want to make zoom video, the quality is not very good anymore.
Now I don't have to record all day. I switched back to potplayer because it records more reliably and doesn't lose the sound either. Also because I can limit the files to 30 minute.

first I did today was the fish delivery by Raimis. it was nice to see the eaglets trying to feed themselves. :loveshower:

Another 2 weeks, then I'm free again. i thought the move and until everything is so as it should be, takes 2-3 days.This does not apply if you move into a new house. :slap:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Information. I don't know where to put it!
My channel is not monetized! It would also be legally wrong. America prohibits video monetization. So I would get into trouble very quickly.
I get bad news. I can only say I don't get a cent for the videos.
It is not my fault if the channel continues to grow.
My videos are no better or worse than others' videos,the watch the nests.

You can find this on the net. :slap: is not true!
https://at.youtubers.me/liznm/youtuber-statistiken
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 12:54 pm
OMG :shock: :unsure: :shock:

Liebe Liz,
what does that mean :bow: :puzzled:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 3:50 pm OMG :shock: :unsure: :shock:
Liebe Liz,
what does that mean:bow: :puzzled:
That means I'am offended and it is assumed, that I just make the video to earn money.
I'm supposed to go to the nests, kill the goshawk, or save Klints or .. or ... I've have enough of all of this!
I would like to turn off the comment function or the whole channel. But that's unfair to the many really nice observers.
I wanted change the description of my channel, explain, that this channel is not monetized. It doesn't work. :bash: And I'm afraid nobody would read it either.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 4:17 pm
what I don't understand is itself the misleading, untrue information, why they do that :bow:
I am so sorry - so much work and that is the thanks, this lie
ame

Post by ame »

??? i am quite baffled with this, i don't understand this at all...
i have been sooo fed up with the change of the Tube. the managing of playlists sucks there.
this is something else, i think. :puzzled:

Return to “Questions and Help”