Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Liz01

Re: Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:17 pm Yes, Potplayer very gluttonous. At me YouTube stammers too if I make entry. Therefore I do not watch YouTube in the afternoon.
Liz01, even your application does not help you with YouTube?
Potplayer stammers during record if on the computer to do something else. On record there is no it then, usually. If you load the computer too much, the recording will stop at all, along with the computer. :mrgreen:
Sonchik :hi: It is early morning. :offtobed:
At the moment Ūpis tiešraide is running on youtube and WTE on Potplayer on my pc. It is very stable. It usually changes when too many use the internet? Most of the time I have no problem running two or three cameras.
I think your internet connection is not good? Your problems remind me of my holidays on the Baltic Sea. I get on the Baltic sea no stable connection I have a very poor transmission quality. Youtube Auto HD does not help either! I have to put everything on 320px or with luck on 480px.

Not sure it's important for everyone. For me it is!

Find network addresses on the cameras:
It works with Firefox and google chrome
1. open the stream .. the side.
2. Then right-click outside the video to open the menu
3. Select "Examine element"
4 Select Network Analysis
5. Click on three points in the upper right corner and select Gear
6. Deselect all unnecessary items. You only need network!
7. Then select Network Analysis again
8. Copy address and paste in Potplayer or VLC

Click to enlarge the pictures
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 6:58 am I think your internet connection is not good? Your problems remind me of my holidays on the Baltic Sea. I get on the Baltic sea no stable connection I have a very poor transmission quality. Youtube Auto HD does not help either! I have to put everything on 320px or with luck on 480px.
I think too that the network is overloaded in the afternoon. Only Internet or electric?
When I was a child, our TV stammered and showed almost white screen in the evening when all came from work. We considered that it from load of the power supply network.
Possibilities of the computer are not boundless too. To it 9 years. If in the afternoon to close all programs, then YouTube is stable (but it is even better at night).
But I need these programs in the afternoon. Otherwise there is no sense and in YouTube. No network can influence it, it seems to me.
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: January 15th, 2019, 10:22 am I think too that the network is overloaded in the afternoon. Only Internet or electric?
When I was a child, our TV stammered and showed almost white screen in the evening when all came from work. We considered that it from load of the power supply network.
if the TV went white with no picture but the lights in the room did not dim then the cause was not power supply. probably the TV broadcast was not powerful enough.

broadcasting TV or internet signal is a bit like a water hose spraying signal power in all directions. a weak broadcast signal is analogous to low stream from a water hose. one cannot fill many glasses of water per unit time from low stream hose. each filled glass reduces the available stream. strong stream (a large volume of water per unit time) can fill many glasses. analogously strong broadcast power can feed more TV receivers than a weak signal source. each receiver "eats" a part of the signal power.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: January 15th, 2019, 12:10 pm broadcasting TV or internet signal is a bit like a water hose spraying signal power in all directions. a weak broadcast signal is analogous to low stream from a water hose. one cannot fill many glasses of water per unit time from low stream hose. each filled glass reduces the available stream. strong stream (a large volume of water per unit time) can fill many glasses. analogously strong broadcast power can feed more TV receivers than a weak signal source. each receiver "eats" a part of the signal power.
Now I think the same way. But then we did not understand it. The problem was in wear of details of the TV. At neighbors the TV showed well as was new.
About bulbs I do not remember as the sight was very good.

On the power supply network too big loading in the afternoon. Therefore at night electricity is 4 times cheaper.
In my computer a lot of things, not connected with the Internet, work better at night.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

VideoLAN Forums:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p485390

by seyedaed » 15 Jan 2019 09:48

I made a quick fix because I use it for streaming and it seems to work but I haven't fully tested it. I made these changes to the youtube.lua file downloaded from the link above. After making these changes I removed the youtube.luac file and put the changed youtube.lua file in the plugins directory.

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p485390

here is the link to the new file:
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/commi ... 0f936b81f1

I will try it, tomorrow morning. If it works, I'll write here, how to swap the file. :nod:
This is interesting for anyone who does not want to use Potplayer.
andrasiboti

Post by andrasiboti »

Hello!
What do you guys think about OBS?
Nature is for everybody.
ame

Post by ame »

andrasiboti, OBS? :puzzled:
what's that?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:57 am andrasiboti, OBS? :puzzled:
what's that?
ame, :hi: It was not the best for me
viewtopic.php?p=476031#p476031
ame

Post by ame »

aha, ok & thanks Liz!
i had quite forgotten it. i think i didn't even try it... :blush:

why was it not good for you? what was missing? can you remember?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: January 29th, 2019, 10:07 am .....
why was it not good for you? what was missing? can you remember?
ame,
yes I remember. I should install software too. My system warned me about malware.
I've tried this program again recently, as the VLC player has again denied cooperation with the youtube stream.
It worked better this time (a new version) but it is very uncomfortable. And the result is not satisfactory for me.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

andrasiboti wrote: January 28th, 2019, 8:51 pm Hello!
What do you guys think about OBS?
Thank you andrasiboti.

We know the software.

I checked it again today. It's not suitable for me. I found a description in German

With this software you can either stream or record. You have to decide whether to make the settings for the streaming or for the screen recording.Then you can either or, but not both at the same time.
This means you can not record the stream, just stream the screen, so far as I have understood.
andrasiboti

Post by andrasiboti »

Liz01 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 10:53 am Thank you andrasiboti.

We know the software.

I checked it again today. It's not suitable for me. I found a description in German

With this software you can either stream or record. You have to decide whether to make the settings for the streaming or for the screen recording.Then you can either or, but not both at the same time.
This means you can not record the stream, just stream the screen, so far as I have understood.
I can do both, if I want to [or would like to] stream I could, and after a few seconds finishing the stream, I can record my screen. :)

Maybe I misunderstood you?
Nature is for everybody.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

andrasiboti wrote: January 29th, 2019, 3:55 pm
I can do both, if I want to [or would like to] stream I could, and after a few seconds finishing the stream, I can record my screen. :)

Maybe I misunderstood you?
Du bist nicht zufällig deutsch :mrgreen: Das würde vieles einfacher machen für mich.

1.) You can stream, but you can not record the stream
2:) You can record the screen

I hope it's understandable. :bow: I like to record the youtube stream.

For screen recording I have other software. We are looking for alternatives to VLC and Potplayer.
With Potplayer I can record youtube streams. With VLC it worked too, unfortunately only for a short duration. There is a change on youtube. VLC needs to modify a file, then it will work again.
andrasiboti

Post by andrasiboti »

Liz01 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 4:02 pm Du bist nicht zufällig deutsch :mrgreen: Das würde vieles einfacher machen für mich.

1.) You can stream, but you can not record the stream
2:) You can record the screen

I hope it's understandable. :bow: I like to record the youtube stream.

For screen recording I have other software. We are looking for alternatives to VLC and Potplayer.
With Potplayer I can record youtube streams. With VLC it worked too, unfortunately only for a short duration. There is a change on youtube. VLC needs to modify a file, then it will work again.
Okay okay :rolleyes: I think, there is a record streaming option, but it may be just me. :D
Nature is for everybody.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I did it! potplayer works for me 64x again!

1. You have to copy two files in the 32 bit version and place them in a separate folder. Own files or similar!
that way: copy the file "MediaPlayParse - YouTube.as" from the 32bit beta .exe

these are the files

Path:C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Extention\Media\PlayParse (should be in Programs x86)

2. Uninstall potplayer 32 bit

3. Install the newest potplayer version 64 bit.

4. and copied the files (two youtube files) C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Extention\Media\PlayParse which allows me to carry on using the 64bit version.

this version you find in path C:\programs\Daum..... see above!

I hope it's understandable?

EDIT: Instruction- The files are stored in this folder. Nothing else to do!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I have a good day today. VLC Player works again with youtube live stream :headroll:
I downloaded the latest version 3.0.6 .. 32 bit
Then I replaced the youtube.luac file. It works fine

The path is: VideoLAN> VLC> lua> playlist> youtube! youtube is to replace with the new file.

here is the link to the data file:
https://github.com/videolan/vlc-3.0/blo ... outube.lua

You have to open it with the windows editor.
Save the file under "all files" and named the file youtube.luac Do not choose text file! that will not work.

Then you delete the file in the folder and then drag and drop the file.

EDIT: If someone has problems creating this file, I can email this file.
The easiest way will be to open this file with Windows Live Mail. Microsoft Outlook may refuse to save on the hard disk.

I have it on my laptop too. It's a very simple thing to know how to do it.
Now I can record several cameras again without causing any resource problems.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Sonchik wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:01 pm My VLC the player does not record video. Too it can is necessary to download the beta version? :mrgreen:
It opens the address. There is a stream, it is possible to look. As soon as I press "record", the picture becomes static and nothing occurs.
I tried again and again. Once the player asked updates, but something went wrong. Now it opens all files so:
At this audio sounds normally.
I do not know as to correct it. :cry:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:01 pm I tried again and again. Once the player asked updates, but something went wrong. Now it opens all files so:
URL=http://vfl.ru/fotos/8531c6c925210045.html][IMG]http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1549026963/8531 ... 0045_m.png
At this audio sounds normally.
I do not know as to correct it. :cry:
buffering failed... reading failed. you have to check your hard disk. :puzzled:

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... fc#p348011

EDIT: I found that too:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/790216
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:31 pm buffering failed... reading failed. you have to check your hard disk. :puzzled:

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... fc#p348011

EDIT: I found that too:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/790216
"Problems" with a disk were at the time of updating of a player. On a disk there was no empty seat in general. :blush:
Now the place is, but how to correct incorrect updating?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Liz01 wrote: January 31st, 2019, 7:33 pm .........VLC Player works again with youtube live stream :headroll:
I downloaded the latest version 3.0.6 .. 32 bit
Then I replaced the youtube.luac file. It works fine

The path is: VideoLAN> VLC> lua> playlist> youtube! youtube is to replace with the new file.

here is the link to the data file:
https://github.com/videolan/vlc-3.0/blo ... outube.lua

You have to open it with the windows editor.
Save the file under "all files" and named the file youtube.luac Do not choose text file! that will not work.

Then you delete the file in the folder and then drag and drop the file.

EDIT: If someone has problems creating this file, I can email this file.
The easiest way will be to open this file with Windows Live Mail. Microsoft Outlook may refuse to save on the hard disk.
EDIT: 04.02.2019

I did a picture by picture instruction to swap the file:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Return to “Questions and Help”