Jo UK
Site Admin

Viewing More Than One Webcam!

Post by Jo UK »

Leonia has some good news to share with us. :2thumbsup:
leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello webcam-addicts,
as we know Windows media player allows only one window a time. I just recognized that it is possible to open VLC-player more than once, so one can probably watch more than one webcam a time. If you have windows media player as well, you may watch three cams a time or even more, may be VLC-player allows even more than two open windows.
VLC-player is freeware, you may find it via Google, it's easy to load. Only a bit difficult to add the wanted URL. I use the menue media (1. one in the row) and than the network (ctrl N) and paste the webcam-adress there. There might be better ways to ad the adresses and even keep them, but I didn't find out yet. :dunno:
Good watching, Leonia
Knallfroesch

Post by Knallfroesch »

Hi!

To keep the adress at vlc - you have to open "playing list" or "reproduction list" (the 5 th row of menue from left), open the "playing list" - the title of the playing webcam is listet there - now you have to pic the title with mouse cursor and draw to "media-bibliothek". So the "link" is saved and you can open cam by clicking on the link in "media-bibliothek".

Maybe you can describe the correct - menue name - in english.

I hope my explanation is useful - please test it Leonia.

:wave: Knalli :mrgreen:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Knallfroesch wrote:So the "link" is saved and you can open cam by clicking on the link in "media-bibliothek".

Maybe you can describe the correct - menue name - in english.
bibliothek = library
leonia

Post by leonia »

Knallfroesch wrote: To keep the adress at vlc - you have to open "playing list" or "reproduction list" (the 5 th row of menue from left), open the "playing list" - the title of the playing webcam is listet there - now you have to pic the title with mouse cursor and draw to "media-bibliothek". So the "link" is saved and you can open cam by clicking on the link in "media-bibliothek".

Maybe you can describe the correct - menue name - in english. Knalli
Thanx Knallfroesch for that tipp: it worked and now I can open the cam in much shorter time. Because we have a German menue only a numbered version. Like Knallfroesch told its in the fifth row (from left) and there it is the second from above. On the left half you have to go with the curser on the second word which in English may be the media library and so you can add the actual Cam-URL to the library. Next time you only need to go there and choose the cam you want.
Thanks again, Knalli, we are improving! :bounce:
Waldschrat

Post by Waldschrat »

Does someone know when the boar cam will return?
asteria

Post by asteria »

In December I think.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

watching more then one you tube stream...

with "lets-watch" you can enter up to 6 you tube addresses and watch simultaneously.
copy and paste the you tube address in "video Link 1 - 6"
http://lets-watch.de/

for eaxample
http://lets-watch.de/w/12889
ame

Post by ame »

here were quite a few questions about when certain cameras will start their season, for example the much missed Wild boar camera. for such questions and answers there is another, more suitable place:
"What is Going On?"
it's a topic dedicated for news about and around the LK forum.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=98

to me the title here reads that the question is about viewing more than one live camera at a time. this is possible in several ways i think.

one possible way is to open each camera in a separate bookmark page in Firefox (or something like that) and play them in JWPlayer. this is perhaps not very practical unless one has a really big screen.

the VLC player is another possibility: one can open the VLC for each camera and tile them on the screen side by side. it's easy to resize the VLC window so that it's possible to fit more of them even in a smaller screen.

recently we have learned how to use the Potplayer. with this program we can stream the Youtube stream from the Juras-Erglis camera. it's possible to run several Potplayers at the same time, either streaming live from the internet or playing videos form one's own computer.

the use of the Potplayer and also other programs which can be used to watch live cameras have been discussed in another topic:
"Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite"
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=770
although the title there says "recording" it is not necessary at all to actually record the stream. these programs can be used just to watch the cameras. :D

Return to “Questions and Help”