Fall in Oregon, USA

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Fall in Oregon, USA

Post by Felis silvestris »

Beautiful, Alice! I also love to take pictures of flowers and plants, besides animals and landscapes. Every time of the year has its own charm!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Wonderful photos, Alice!
Manu

Post by Manu »

Wonderful pictures, this colours are so beautiful :nod: .
alice44

Post by alice44 »

This is a place on the edge of town where I like to go to walk.

Untitled by alice_knitter, on Flickr

Taken at this park

Rose Hips by alice_knitter, on Flickr
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I think this is Poison Oak, but the leaves are pretty.

Leaves of Three by alice_knitter, on Flickr
alice44

Post by alice44 »

October 6

Untitled

October 16

Untitled

October 26

Untitled by alice_knitter, on Flickr
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I like those photos of change! :thumbs:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

alice44

Post by alice44 »

I only just realized I could get the dates I took pictures, not just when I uploaded them to my computer from my Flickr account so I could put these trees into the proper order. They are really pretty, in the Fall when I walked past them I often see people snapping pictures.

Yesterday I went shopping in the rain, when I got out of the store the sun was shinning and trees were glowing and the sky was dark, dark grey. I was so sad I did not have a camera. I gave a thumbs up to a couple snapping pictures with their phone. I was a bit envious.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Beautiful pictures of the tree change, Alice. The owner of the tree have a lot of work to do though, to remove all the leaves. that is, if they do so. They say it´s good for he lawn to let the leaves remain in the ground.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Lussi05 wrote:Beautiful pictures of the tree change, Alice. The owner of the tree have a lot of work to do though, to remove all the leaves. that is, if they do so. They say it´s good for he lawn to let the leaves remain in the ground.
Oops I did not answer. The owner likes to work in the lawn and here we can just rake leaves into the street in big piles and the city comes and sweep them up. They take them to a recycle center, so it is not too bad. Once I caught kids playing in the piles and that really scared me, because I could image a car running over the pile of leaves for fun, not realizing that there were children playing.

But they survived :loveshower:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Winter?

This was taken on a walk the weekend before Christmas

Sprouted Teasel by alice_knitter, on Flickr

These are my sweet gum trees this afternoon! 10 years ago, all the leaves had fallen off before Christmas. They were usually some of the last Sweet gums to lose their leaves. The leaves only really started to fall the week before last when we had a wind storm.

Sweet Gum by alice_knitter, on Flickr

I will need to pick up my own leaves and either put them in the compost or use them as mulch as the city stops picking them up at the end of December.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The upper photo looks very interesting, Alice. What ist it :puzzled: ?

Edit: is it something like this?

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Yes Felis, if they are not the exactly same, they are in the same family. In my photo the seeds did not fall out and instead sprouted. I saw several heads with green on the top and nothing on the bottom -- I guess the lower seeds fell out. I had never seen that before.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It looks really strange, I have also never seen anything like that! Good shot! :thumbs:

Manu

Post by Manu »

@Alice: This is really an interesting and beautiful picture, I like it.

Return to “Seasons”