Autumn and Winter in Germany

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Autumn and Winter in Germany

Post by Felis silvestris »

:rotf: And you don't have to go out with him in all sorts of weather! :thumbs:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: Again it becomes cold in northgermany. So I was out today and saw "my" eagle-pair together took some hay to the nest. They flew not the "normal" direction and I was a little surprised. Maybe because the strong wind was coming from east -not usual-
An eagle in the air and so also other birds. Many white egrets today -counted ca. 70-
Also a pair of cranes arrived
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Have you ever seen how they get the hay, fireblade? I am curious how eagles "make hay" :mrgreen:
Looks like spring! :thumbs:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Felis silvestris wrote:Have you ever seen how they get the hay, fireblade?
:D Hi Felis. No not this year. It was always behind the reed. But I think they have favourite places to get the grass. And they drag as long as necessary until they have enough of what they want.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Great pictures, Fireblade! I think you have an exciting bird life in your locality, thank you for sharing them with us :wave:
We have a large stock of WTEs in Norway, but I have no hope of seeing them here where I live. Egretts don't nest in my country, but they are observed from time to time. I see you have a lot of them! But cranes however, they pass here every year. And last year they was visiting the field close to our house, and enjoyed newly sowned seeds early in the mornings. But we have to wait a little longer before they arrive, in May, it's still a lot of snow :unsure:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Spring could not be too far away :nod: . Yesterday I noticed for the first time the blue tits who visited my nesting-box a few weeks ago are collecting nesting material :loveshower: .
Manu

Post by Manu »

Today on my way back from work:
Stork
Buzzard
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Then we need a spring topic here too. Manu - shall I make one combined for Switzerland and Germany? Or a general "Spring and Summer 2013"?

Manu

Post by Manu »

Yes, we change all topics in Spring and summer so it must have be Spring soon :mrgreen: .
@Felis: For me it's ok "Spring and summer in Germany" or "In 2013" because I'm the only one who live in Switzerland :blush: (So far as I know :laugh: ).
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Here we go, I declare the terribly long, cold and dark winter 2012/13 has ended and spring 2013 has started: :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=561&p=216028#p216028

Return to “Seasons”