Spring and Summer in Germany

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Spring and Summer in Germany

Post by Felis silvestris »

Winter is over and the signs are all for spring!

I hope a few people will share their spring pictures with us here!

I start - the little crocus patch near my house last week:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

So pretty, Felis! Spring is here in my area, too, but I have no pictures. :blush: The saucer magnolia trees have bloomed & already dropped their petals, the forsythia is in full bloom now, the daffodils are nearly done, the ornamental pear trees are almost done blooming. I told hubby that this weekend, when it is supposed to be warm again, he must start mowing the lawn!
Kitty KCMO
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have looked for spring this weekend and found it at the zoo:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Beautiful pictures of the spring flowers, Felis. How is the spring weather where you live, is March as usual? Here March has been the warmest ever measured. Today we had 21C in the shaddow...it's very odd :unsure:
(in the last weekend of April I am going to visit Berlin for the first time, together with my colleagues. It will be very interesting)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I love those fields of crocus.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No, it is not really "like usual" - sometimes we still have snow (and it still *could* snow) until late in March. But this year the snow is gone for quite some time and it is "warm", but not yet as warm as 21° - had heard in the forecast today morning that in the north of Germany and in Norway it'll be very warm today. But flowers and plants, I think, are quite "as usual", they come out even when there is still snow.

Have a good time in Berlin, believe it or not, I have not yet managed to go there. Never had a chance or the possibility :blush:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

And something I have not seen often: (not really spring :puzzled: )

I have not sent this off, but LK forum does not lose things, it seems :shock:

alice44

Post by alice44 »

My jays love those and plant them everywhere! :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The other day a colleague brought ivy seedlings and asked if someone wants them :help:
I am glad I am rid of those we once planted on the balcony, I cut them off the roots in the beginning of winter and in spring they were still green! :faint: By the way, was not my idea to plant them in the first place ... :unsure:

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote: Have a good time in Berlin, believe it or not, I have not yet managed to go there. Never had a chance or the possibility :blush:
Thank you, I look forward to it. I must admit that it is my first trip outside of Scandinavia..circumstances have done that I'm not a particularly well-traveled person. I got my first passport ever, last December. (You should have seen the look the women at the police station gave me when she asked me If I should renew my passport, and I said that it was my first :blush: )
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Felis silvestris wrote:The other day a colleague brought ivy seedlings and asked if someone wants them :help:
I am glad I am rid of those we once planted on the balcony, I cut them off the roots in the beginning of winter and in spring they were still green! :faint: By the way, was not my idea to plant them in the first place ... :unsure:
I am pretty sure I am at fault here -- but it was 30+ years ago (and my dad claims it was his idea). They are horribly invasive, but the bees love them in late summer, so that is something. I try to cut flowers off when see them -- except when they are covered in happy bees.
Pitti

Post by Pitti »

:wave:

Last week I made some photos from early spring in our forest

In the morning

fresh green

larch

birch

Pitti

Post by Pitti »

In springtime I see my "friends" every day

young roebuck

his sister (fawn)

doe (their mom)

Pitti

Post by Pitti »

this one is older

look at this pretty face

hello!

Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Everyone has showed such lovely pictures! I really must go buy a good camera so I can take some photos & share them. I don't have anything at all special in my yard, but using a camera would get me out of the house in to the neighborhood more-- that would be good for my arthritis, I think.
Kitty KCMO
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Kitty KCMO wrote:Everyone has showed such lovely pictures! I really must go buy a good camera so I can take some photos & share them. I don't have anything at all special in my yard, but using a camera would get me out of the house in to the neighborhood more-- that would be good for my arthritis, I think.
Kitty I think you can get a camera that will take decent pictures for not all that much money -- and photography is overall so much cheaper now with out all the film processing. And maybe the best thing is that when you walk about with a camera you see better. Even later without the camera you see the buds budding and things :thumbs: (anyhow I do)

And Pitti those are just wonderful!
The forest and the deer
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Your pictures are beautiful Pitti, thank you :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Beautiful pictures, Pitti! Thanks for sharing!

I had a visitor today, wanted to come in but I did not let "her" come in, otherwise Blacky would have taken care of her, I guess

Manu

Post by Manu »

Great pictures of the deer, Pitti. Thanks for sharing with us, beautiful :loveshower: .

Return to “Seasons”