Spring and Summer in Germany

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
fireblade1

Re: Spring and Summer in Germany 2012

Post by fireblade1 »

Starling wrote:Sorry of the off topic, I haven´t find a bird photographing discussion here yet. I would be interesting to hear some opinions about cameras. Maybe you have some? Did you say earlier you use Canon EOS? What model, if I may ask?
:wave: Hi Starling. Maybe offtopic but a very interesting topic for me, at least. I know it from the pc. 99.9% of the pc-problems are sitting in front of the monitor :D . The same with the photography, I think. It is only luck for me to make a good photo. But I ordered a new camera the lst friday. It is a eos 60d (790euro) and I will really learn with it. Now I use a 450d. Today I know that I have to learn very much more about ISO, Blende and phototime ( :puzzled: ). Important is also the lens and also not cheap. Now I use a sigma 120-400mm (ca.750euro). It is a "cheap" one. So I tested today a few settings and the pictures are not so bad. It was a quiet morning but I am glad with the test-photos.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Fireblade, it looks like you are learning very fast :thumbs: Your "test"-pictures are already great - and what a luck, you captured our Starling :mrgreen:
Camera has a good lense :mrgreen:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Starling

Post by Starling »

:wave: Thanks for sharing info about your cameras, fireblade1! I´ll need to some googling again. :mrgreen: I´m sure there are several members here who have interest of photographing birds. It would be great to know more and share some thoughts. I´m just an amateur, but I would like to get a better camera, especially for long distance photographing. Because it´s hard to get near wild birds (some ducks, swans and geese can be easy to approach if you have buns or bread :D ) It´s just difficult to know what is a good purchase even though there are a lot of camera reviews in the internet. :faint:

Is the first one starling? I thought it was a spotted nutcracker (with small beak). :blush: The starlings what I´ve seen in Finland are more black coloured.
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Thank you Bea. I tried with lower iso and not automatic :D
Starling wrote: Is the first one starling?
Yes, it is a starling. And they have beautiful colors in the sun
Manu

Post by Manu »

@Fireblade: Your test-photo's looks great :thumbs: .

I think to make "good" pictures it's not necessary to buy a expensive cam only, it's more important to learn the general basics of photography and luck to see an interesting object.
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Manu wrote:it's not necessary to buy a expensive cam only, it's more important to learn the general basics of photography and luck to see an interesting object.
:wave: You are sooo right Manu. Ok it is already on order and than I can make also hd-movies

btw: I am also a nuthatch/Kleiber-Fan. They look so beautiful and have a very very nice (and loud) voice. A pair is coming to my window to pick and collect some sunflower seeds (geschält)
Manu

Post by Manu »

I'm wondering what's (loud) kind of sound I heard since a few weeks in our garden ( I've never hear that before) and now I know that was a nuthatch. This are cute and funny little guy's...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I have treated myself to a Sony Nex-5 and got myself in the meantime a 300 telephoto lens. Still learning to deal with it, as digital cameras make lazy. I used to photograph with a Minolta XG1, before digital and was quite good with all the exposure, aperture etc. stuff.
The other day I had a Nikon Coolpix P510 in my hands, which has an even better telephoto lens (but not exchangeable as my Nex-5), and quite liked this camera too.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Manu

Post by Manu »

I hope you don't mind I post this here, but I think Switzerland isn't to far away from Germany :unsure: . If it's on wrong place, please change it.

Today afternoon we (local natur fund) were in the forest with an expert of mushrooms. She told us which mushrooms are eatable and which not and which poisonous. I've learned only a little amount are eatable :nod: .
It was bad weather, only 10° and a lot of rain.

And this was the one and only animal we(my dad and I) saw in the forest

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Since there is no topic for Switzerland, be welcome, Manu and thanks for sharing your photos! The frog seems to have felt well in the weather. Mushrooms - you can eat all of them, I heard, but some only once! 8-) I have fond memories going with my grandfather "in die Schwammerl" ... and my grandmother cooked what we found!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have kind of braved the rain as well, and visited my friends at the zoo. It started to rain very bad, so I visited only the indoor places, but waiting for the rain to let up I had the chance to spend some time with the young lion males, playing like kittens, made 140 photos of them (and those are only the ones I kept!)!

New at the aquarium

And those two were posing

Bea

Post by Bea »

Felis silvestris wrote:... I have fond memories going with my grandfather "in die Schwammerl" ... and my grandmother cooked what we found!
Felis, we share the same memories .... I also was going "in die Schwammerl" with my Grandpa, and he gave me the love to nature - identify bushes and trees, birds and he made me "get a sense" for nature.

Manu - wow, what a beautiful picture of the frog! He surely enjoyed the rain in the forest :D
And your trip through the forest with a mushroom-expert was surely very interesting ... I know some kinds of mushrooms and my grandfather told me that most of the mushroom having a "Schwamm" at the underside are eatable ... this is not sure for 100 % but it works quite good :D
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Manu and Felis, thank you for nice pictures. Nice to get a little peek from your mushroom and zoo trips :2thumbsup: Manu, did you get any mushrooms to bring home with you?
Yesterday we had our first night with frost this autumn, and we woke up to - 1.2 C. The weather was beautiful though, sparkling blue sky and sun, my favourite.. :thumbs:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Nice pictures of your zoo-trip, Felis.
The frog loves this bad weather more than I, it was very cold and wet, brrrrhhh :laugh: .
No, we dont' find any mushroom for dinner. But it was interesting to see what kind of different mushrooms grow.
@ Lussi: Oh, first night with frost :shock: .... Here the temperatures are fortunately during night (still) 5°-9°.
Flex

Post by Flex »

Hello @ all - i'm back again,

Grey Heron:

big thirst:

salad:

storm by Zurich Airport (CH):

full moon:

that's an 6 pictures composition:

rhine falls (switzerland) on day:

and at night:

the half live consists of arrangement, subordination and regulation
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:wave: Hello Flex! Nice to see you again!

Beautiful pictures! The "salad" I like! Unusual!

Manu

Post by Manu »

:hi: Flex, nice to see you again and welcome beck.
Beautiful pictures, great.... I see you made some of the photos near the area where I live...
Bea

Post by Bea »

:hi: Flex .... juuhuuu, so nice to have you back again :headroll:

Great pictures! :thumbs:
Flex

Post by Flex »

Without you girls it was boring. :wave:

Thanks for the praise.
Flex

Post by Flex »

Manu wrote: I see you made some of the photos near the area where I live...
Im Summer fahred mir öfters mit em Kanu uffem Rhi go Schaffhuse...

translated for all:
we travel by canoe in summer often on the Rhine to Schaffhausen.

Return to “Seasons”