Spring in Europe 2014

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Katinka

Spring in Europe 2014

Post by Katinka »

Aha, in the former thread "Autumn and winter 2013/14"
there's an immense need to share the spring signs across European countries. Great, folks!
Now, on with the spring thing...
Just before I left my home for the last weekend, I had been on a bike tour through the valley, and amongst others I discovered something familiar:
parsley
But where in the wilderness (Bea-like): in an abandoned vine yard.
It doesn't grow there :mrgreen: any longer now...
Katinka

Post by Katinka »

No, about the returning cranes - not in this thread...

Spring signs are increasing so much:
First time (since I live here) that a common tit (kuusitiainen) dared to start breeding here under my roof and... in front of the busy kitchen.
No joke as with April 1!

Besides of that, as I used the multilingual birdsearch engine, I came across a "new" link beneath the result list written photos >>
According to my first, general search on "tit", this popped on: http://www.knutas.com/?species=Xenodacnis%20parina - for the suggestion of "tit like dacnis".
:puzzled: Confusing if you want. But "only" a passerine from abroad.

(Göran Knutas is the Svensk creator of the search machine, and now he turns out to be an attentive bird photographer)
Katinka

Post by Katinka »

Another sign of spring now -
the peregrine falcon from the nest at river-km 548 is back. I'd observe the bird yesterday, and a longer-living inhabitant told me that the artificial nest was installed up there when kind of fortification walls were built into the fragile stone (geological expression: bedrock).

Other spring signs:
blossom of hazel has ended (puhh!),
the alder begins (arghh)
and the beautiful but "unimpressive" ash tree has put out first thick buds.

Return to “Seasons”