Spring and summer in Finland 2014

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Spring and summer in Finland 2014

Post by Felis silvestris »

It's been a very long time since the last update. I hope everything is well on Squirrel Hill! :wave:

I have greetings from a squirrel in Kadriorg Park for the inhabitants of Squirrel Hill

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Olga wrote:13th July What birds is this ??
14th an unknown small bird]
It's an Eurasian Siskin - Carduelis spinus :thumbs:

I hope everything is ok at Squirrel Hill too.
Manu

Post by Manu »

I hope everything is fine with Olga and her friends of Squirrel Hill. I'm a bit worried too.
I'm sorry, it wasn't possible for me to watch the cams this spring/summer. I had also only time to take a short visit to the forum every now and then.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

and me
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

I hope that Olga and all her friends on Squirrel Hill are happy & feeling well :puzzled:

I am a bit worried but perhaps Olga is on holiday or just not recording squirrels ? She did say she was thinking of stopping the feeding when there is a lot of natural food available....
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Margossa

Post by Margossa »

:hi:

I also hope that Olga and all friends on Squirrel Hill are fine.
Olga, I miss you and your comments, great videos and pictures.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

:wave:
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: Hello, dear squirrel friends I'm back! My old PC stopped to work totally in the middle of August. The reason was probably a strong thunder weather!!

I have been some weeks without any PC but my handy. And it has been some problems to get used to the new laptop and the new "windows 8": :help: everything was different.. why do they change so much.. :slap:

Squirrels have been visiting quite seldom lately, but there are they. There is very much food for them in the nature.

I'm going to try to get birds to eat there a bit further. Squirrels need a feeder for them.
Something like this one:
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

Felis silvestris wrote:It's been a very long time since the last update. I hope everything is well on Squirrel Hill! :wave:

I have greetings from a squirrel in Kadriorg Park for the inhabitants of Squirrel Hill

How nice to hear. I hope that your trip was great! :D I see, the Estonian Red squirrels are just the same as here!

Life without PC is... huh.. :dunno: .... yes, squirrels are hurry to make hazel nut shelters. I can see them running here and there around the hill, but they have been visiting the garden not very often.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Hello Olga! It's good to hear from you, we were all a bit worried already! Yes, the trip was nice and this was not the only squirrel I met, but the only one who kept still long enough to allow me to quickly take a photo.
The squirrels here are very busy at the moment running up and down the trees in front of my office window, hiding nuts and other things they find.

I can imagine that life without a PC is hard in our times and I hope you get used to your new PC and the Windows 8 soon. I think it is quite a change from all one knows until now! I hope I can stick to Windows 7 for a while still!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Margossa

Post by Margossa »

Hello Olga :hi:
I'm glad that you are back. Image I was a bit worried and I missed you.
Thank you for a news from Squirrel Hill and wonderful pictures of squirrel. :bow:
What a pity that your PC stopped to work. :bash:
I can't help you with Windows 8 because I have old PC with Windows Vista and I don't know Windows 8. :blush:

unp

Post by unp »

Olga wrote:...new "windows 8": :help: everything was different.. why do they change so much.. :slap:
Have you tried installing 'Classic Shell' (free software)? It makes Windows 8 (8.1 & 8.1 with update) look and feel much like Windows 7 and has not yet caused any problems on two notebooks I know.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Thanks for your advise unp!

Actually I have win 8.1 update.

For the moment I do not dare to change anything in my laptop. There are some strange 'settings',
e g windows movie maker 'speaks' Danish or Norway! This is what I would have liked to turn in Finnish at first, as it used to be in win7.

(I think I could work with WMM in Danish/Norwegian b c the outlook is familiar, but.. :puzzled:
I have one little squirrel video to be edited )

I didn't find how to change the language.

There are several tools of which I do not understand anything.. What is that 'OneDrive'?? Do I need it for something?? Is it some kind of folder or an internet page, a public one?? 'OneDrive' ties to collect my photos from my camera there.

Is the OneDrive situated there in the sky like clouds?? :rotf:
edit: yes, if I save something in OneDrive, it does not exist in my PC anymore. But I do not want that some program does not even ask from me where I want to save my files..
Olga

Post by Olga »

unp wrote: Have you tried installing 'Classic Shell' (free software)? It makes Windows 8 (8.1 & 8.1 with update) look and feel much like Windows 7 and has not yet caused any problems on two notebooks I know.
I found Classic Shell! I have to read what there is, if I understand right way to take it in use for win 8.1.
I found it in Finnish too!

http://www.mbnet.fi/artikkeli/tietokone ... teensopiva

http://www.classicshell.net/
Olga

Post by Olga »

Margossa wrote:Hello Olga :hi:
I'm glad that you are back. Image I was a bit worried and I missed you.
Thank you for a news from Squirrel Hill and wonderful pictures of squirrel. :bow:
What a pity that your PC stopped to work. :bash :
I can't help you with Windows 8 because I have old PC with Windows Vista and I don't know Windows 8. :blush:

Thanks for your welcome greeting, Margossa.
Those squirrel letters are fun! :nod:
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: The first video after seven weeks' blockage. :faint:
I uploaded the video without editing it. I removed the camera noise by adding some music on the background!

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Olga -- those language settings can be odd. For some reason my printer speaks french, although the rest of my set up is in English. I sort of read french, but I do not know the technical words and I still have not found how to change it.

I am glad you are making progress with the computer (and that the squirrels are well.)
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Alice,you have a PM)

Olga Its a relief to know that you & everyone on Squirrel Hill are well....... exept the computer. :rolleyes:
I am sure you will soon find your way around Windows 8

Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Manu

Post by Manu »

Olga :hi: : I'm glad to hear everything is fine with you and your friends of Squirrel Hill. I hope your problems with computer will be solved soon.
Margossa

Post by Margossa »

:hi:

Olga, thank you very much for your wonderful video of squirrel. :bow: :thumbs:
I hope that your problems with the computer will disappear soon and I keep my fingers crossed for you. Image

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Olga, it's so nice to see that everything is ok at Squirrel Hill, and thank you for the video and pictures :loveshower:
I also hope your computer problem will be solved :thumbs:

Return to “Seasons”