Pictures and Information about White Storks

Ciconia ciconia
Solo

Re: Pictures and Information about White Storks

Post by Solo »

Abigyl wrote: September 26th, 2018, 9:39 am ... A red-pink morning in Makov ...
maybe problem with infra-filter
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Solo Thanks! :hi:

Now it's greyish, in the early morning it was red and later turned to pink. Sometimes it's better to see life in pink: "La vie en rose" :D
sova

Post by sova »

asteria wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 11:48 am The aggressive grey heron visited Makov in spring is back and that is the big problem for other birds and Snehurka in particular. :shock:
Hello Asteria and all :hi:
Question; is that the heron that attacked and killed the other heron this spring?
I saw it unfortunately .... it was bad.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I found a interesting migrations route by an white stork

5. Summary: A young white stork from the area of ​​Kalinin-grad, Russia, was raised at the Rybachi Biological Station in July 2000 and released late in September. As part of a project to study the orientation ability, he was equipped with a satellite transmitter (14554). Although the white storks from the Kaliningrad region usually migrate to SO, the donated bird migrated to SW, crossed the Mediterranean from France to Tunisia, spent its first winter and second summer in North Africa and its second winter in the Chad Lake area in the north of Ni-geria and Cameroon. In the summer of 2002 he stayed in the Iberian Peninsula, in the winter of 2002/2003 in the extreme south of Spain. In the summer of 2003, the stork returned in the age of 3 years in the range of Eastern European white storks - to northern Poland, only 220 km southwest of his birthplace, where he possibly brooded. The 2003 migration took place via the eastern route typical of Eastern European white storks. In Africa, the stork moved far to the west - as far as West Chad - so his winter quarters were only 175 km from the area he had reached in 2002 via the west route.

GT
On 3.10.2000, our testing stork Nr 14554 reached the French Mediterranean coast near Nimes and then has flow along the coast to the east. On 7.10. He began at 11:15 clock at St. Tropez to cross the Mediterranean. At 1:44 pm the following day, the stork had already reached Tunisia and thus the African mainland. The distance over the sea was at least 752 km.

source:
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... er_Odyssee
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Abigyl wrote: September 26th, 2018, 2:51 pm Solo Thanks! :hi:

Now it's greyish, in the early morning it was red and later turned to pink. Sometimes it's better to see life in pink: "La vie en rose" :D

THANKS ! the cam was fixed during the day. Life is beautiful again :thumbs:
sova

Post by sova »

Liz01 wrote: September 27th, 2018, 7:23 pm I found a interesting migrations route by an white stork
Liz, I find that very interesting. Thanks!
One can say (in a nutshell) that an East European remains an Eastern European (stork), albeit sometimes westward.
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: September 27th, 2018, 6:22 pm ... Question; is that the heron that attacked and killed the other heron this spring? ...
the grey herons are without ring - no body know if it is the killer (it was maybe in winter time)
asteria

Post by asteria »

:hi: Everybody,

It is not known for sure whether it was the same heron, but it does not matter, because this one is also very greedy, aggressive and disturbs other animals. Luckily it is afraid of people and can be scared off.
sova

Post by sova »

TY Asteria :hi:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Good news about Vodnan stork from Libor Sejna facebook:

Čáp Vodňan se po měsíci ozval z Čadu!

Téměř na měsíc se náš čáp Vodňan odmlčel, poslední data přišla 11. září. A tak, když včera přišla data z Čadu, všichni jsme si pořádně oddechli. Teď je už na místě každoročního zimování, uvidíme, jestli se ještě posune.

Jeho cestu můžete sledovat s námi – a držte mu palce!

The Vodňan stork spoke from Chad after a month!

Almost a month, our stork, Vodňan, was off, the last date came on September 11. So, when the data came from Chad yesterday, we all got relaxed. Now it's in the place of winter every year, we'll see whether it moves yet.

You can follow his path with us - and keep the thumbs!

https://slowtv.idnes.cz/capi-ze-zachran ... plap&t=map
Sue

Post by Sue »

asteria wrote: October 11th, 2018, 3:14 pm Good news about Vodnan stork from Libor Sejna facebook:

Čáp Vodňan se po měsíci ozval z Čadu!
Hi asteria, great news :loveshower: . I did not know it yet, thanks :wave:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Winter birdfeeder cam is working and greenfinch gang is on its place: :loveshower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECodSsU8Ds
sova

Post by sova »

good Morning :hi:
asteria wrote: October 28th, 2018, 11:43 am Winter birdfeeder cam is working and greenfinch gang is on its place: :loveshower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECodSsU8Ds
not today :mrgreen:
(two sweet couples :rolleyes: )
asteria

Post by asteria »

The congress of the Great Whites took place. :mrgreen:
asteria

Post by asteria »

One more coot appeared in Makov cam yesterday.
asteria

Post by asteria »

The sparrowhawk appears at Makov birdfeeder and catches birds! :cry: :cry: :cry: Yesterday it caught a sick greenfinch and now a great tit!
Solo

Post by Solo »

:hi: asteria, what you want say? your words on FB Makov: "Krahujec, podívejte se do další jeskyně, kde jsou kuřatko" (GT is often :mrgreen: )
asteria

Post by asteria »

Whatever I wanted to say, hardly the sparrowhawk will fly to the feeder with chickens like that buzzard last year. :sad:

The pond got partly frozen and Makov is now covered with snow.
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: January 4th, 2019, 5:43 pm Whatever I wanted to say, hardly the sparrowhawk will fly to the feeder with chickens like that buzzard last year. :sad: ...
after your comment I understand now - feeder (with chicks) is the right word (your CZ sentence ""Krahujec, podívejte se do další jeskyně, kde jsou kuřatko" (I think GT) in EN: "Sparrowhawk, look into another cave, where are the chick")

the sparrowhawk is "sanitary police" - it is unpleasant to see, but the best for the healthy, strong bird population

I wish you Asteria only nice experience :wave:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Solo wrote: January 5th, 2019, 6:33 pm
the sparrowhawk is "sanitary police" - it is unpleasant to see, but the best for the healthy, strong bird population

I wish you Asteria only nice experience :wave:
Unfortunately hawks catch not only sick but also healthy birds(the great tit was not sick at all). They are also very dangerous for doves and pigeons. :shock: It must be one of the former Makov inhabitants they cured and released too close to the place and so it returned.

Return to “White Storks”