Wild Pig Cam 2010 Discussion Cam 2 Boars and Bees

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
Liis

Re: Wild Pig Cam 2010 Discussion Cam 2

Post by Liis »

It seems that this swarm of bees simply left yesterday, http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/7615. Did anyone notice anything in the camera?
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Liis wrote:It seems that this swarm of bees simply left yesterday, http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/7615. Did anyone notice anything in the camera?
I watched for a while (I get confused with my days and your days). I saw bees walking in and out -- not many but I think most of them are usually out working -- all seemed normal.
Liis

Post by Liis »

At some time - mid-day? - there were unusually many around, 15-20 or so; just 2 or 3 otherwise when I have watched. - Can't really keep the watching times apart - even with just "our" days :innocent: - but it sounded like rain too.
Does a swarm go out into rain?
greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

Liis wrote:
Does a swarm go out into rain?
My grandfather was beekeeper and my second father is a beekeeper, my hole childhood bees burrs me, and when I remember it in a right way, bees do not work at rainy days and they also do not swarm at such days.
I like boars.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Liis wrote:It seems that this swarm of bees simply left yesterday, http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/7615. Did anyone notice anything in the camera?
09/06/2010 11:32 am
09/06/2010 21:04
Since that new honeycombs I saw always up to ten bees, most less when I was looking. But I am watching very seldom - I make one picture every day to see the progress.
Kindest regards from Bleggi
alice44

Post by alice44 »

So many bees in that first image. When ever, I was watching I never saw anything like that many bees.
Liis

Post by Liis »

The camera should maybe change name - "Wild bees" cam or something? :innocent:
A bumblebee camera would be lovely. It is said that there are nearly 20 species in Sweden. But it would probably be like the tawny owl camera before this year: something in a dark hole.
Have new bees moved in already?
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Today there is lots of banging sounds, birds -- including some magpies, I think, but no bees at all.
Given all the trouble for bees world wide, it is too bad the bees took off.
Liis

Post by Liis »

Can anyone guess what kind of bees they keep?
My father told that when he was small and minded cattle on pasture, they used to look for bumblebee nests to take honey from.
Once I cut into a bumblebee nest in thick moss when cutting grass; tried to put the "roof" back but they didn't accept it. It was sad and upsetting. How does a colony handle things like that: move or die?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liis wrote:The camera should maybe change name - "Wild bees" cam or something? :innocent:
A bumblebee camera would be lovely. It is said that there are nearly 20 species in Sweden. But it would probably be like the tawny owl camera before this year: something in a dark hole.
Have new bees moved in already?
Liis, you are right about needing a name change. It is no longer a wild boar webcam, but I have been waiting to see what would happen here. Bees came. Bees left.

Will someone suggest a new name for this topic, please?
We can keep the wild boar posts, then split it when it changes to bees.
greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

My nomination is "boars and bees cam" or "bees and boars cam".
I like boars.
GerPa

Post by GerPa »

I don't know about you, but I really really miss boars, deer and foxes on cam. The bees are no good substitute. I hope they reactivate the former cam views soon. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Today there went some bees up and down. When they were up they were over the rim of the picture and while leaving I could see them again afterwards. But most I saw at the same time were eight or nine bees.
I wonder wether they start to unload at one place and then continue there next to next or if it is indifferent where they put the honey - here and there without an order.
I have no idea about their life in any way but will improve.

.....the name of the cam? Winter-Boar- and Summer-Bee-Cam?

@GerPa: I miss the piglets, deer and other animals there, too. But - the year has four seasons and the time will come we can watch them again. Now there are other creatures who will tell us: Help to keep and solve us - we are important for your life.
The bees for example help to get froots, flowers etc. when there is no wind to pollinate the blossoms. And especially now there are dying so many populations of bees - nobody knows exactly what happens. Please be patient - wintertime is coming sooner as we like :laugh:
Kindest regards from Bleggi
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Bleggi - wise words.

I don't know what to do about naming this camera. So I will do nothing today, but if my fellow admins want to make a change, well, I trust their judgment completely!
Yes, Bees and Boars - it has a good tone to it!
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

No news about the bees :cry:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

For now, we can simply think of this as the spare camera!
Who knows where it may go, next?

Watching life on a farm might be interesting - animals, plants, people.

Are there any farmers in that area who would tolerate a webcam??

Don't take me seriously - I am rambling -
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

.. Jo rambling ? :shock: NEVER ,ever.!! :rolleyes: :rotf:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Liis

Post by Liis »

About the camera name: hmmm, what about consumer laws? they may have something to say about false pretences. Bees labelled boars?
Bleggi wrote:No news about the bees :cry:
A swarm is probably what the beekeepers are waiting for. How often and when do bees swarm: any time or some period preferred?

Meanwhile, there seem to be much fewer bumblebees than usual here in Stockholm. Maybe they got eaten by mice under that thick snow cover. Bumblebees are said to like old mouse and vole holes for building their nests in, so you are supposed to put in material from a mouse nest as an extra attraction in artificial bumblebee nests.
Silver Fox

Post by Silver Fox »

I think maybe a swarm of bees have arrived. Lots of buzzing. But the camera seems to be showing only the sky. I can also hear birds singing and a train just whistled as it went by. I think a good name for the forum would be Birds Bees and Boars.
Silver Fox

Post by Silver Fox »

There are now hundreds of bees in the hive buzzing and working.

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”